Wanglik, Guangdong Superthread - Page 26 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-18-2008, 06:59 AM   #376
Galeonbroad

Local Time: 03:13 AM
nice bird on top of that no feeding sign..

Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Old 07-18-2008, 06:59 AM   #377
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolian2 View Post
I started to get a bit bored with the same planes constantly flying past.

Oh, now I really like this. Great shot.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-18-2008, 07:02 AM   #378
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galeongirl View Post
myea, an old maths teacher of me once invited some jehovas in his house, he had studied their book and took out ALL contradictions and asked them about that... they ran out of his house crying!
Hahaha, that's awesome.

You ever watched Black Books? There's this hysterical scene where Bernard is trying to avoid doing his taxes and some JWs come to the door and he invites them in. They're stunned and when he sits them down and asks them to begin their spiel, they look at each other and remark that they'd never actually thought they'd get this far and have no idea what to do!

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-18-2008, 07:03 AM   #379
Galeonbroad

never heard of that show.. it sounds nice, and I DO wonder if they ever succeed.. cause, really, everyone hates them...
a couple of old classmates of mine were JW's.. they're now party animals, no contact with family, one lives with her boyfriend or so... ah, if you've grown up all sheltered, I can understand it..
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Old 07-18-2008, 07:05 AM   #380
Vocal parasite

Wheee, zoomed in on Dynon Yard. Taking these photos is always a gamble because I, uh, can't see far enough to know what to photograph. From looking at my photos on the computer at home, I now have a general idea of what's usually where.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-18-2008, 07:05 AM   #381
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 03:13 PM
Quote:
everybody keeps saying that.. what's so special about schiphol??

Interesting
fascinating planes combined with bugger all in the way of fences and public property really close to the runway.

Exhibit A

Old 07-18-2008, 07:06 AM   #382
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
nice bird on top of that no feeding sign..
The only time all day a bird stayed long enough for me to take a photo!
Old 07-18-2008, 07:07 AM   #383
Blue Crack Supplier

Actually, I tell a lie. Here's some birds that managed to stay put.

Shame I'm a inch too tall or two inches too short for this photo to work!
Old 07-18-2008, 07:10 AM   #384
Vocal parasite

Quote:
never heard of that show.. it sounds nice, and I DO wonder if they ever succeed.. cause, really, everyone hates them...
a couple of old classmates of mine were JW's.. they're now party animals, no contact with family, one lives with her boyfriend or so... ah, if you've grown up all sheltered, I can understand it..
It's a great British comedy, it has both Dylan Moran and Bill Bailey in it. Classic stuff; Dylan Moran plays Bernard Black, a grumpy drunk of a bookshop owner who hates pretty much everyone - but in this case, he hates his taxes more so he welcomes the JWs with open arms!

Yeah, I've heard about those who leave pretty much get barred from their family. I knew a Mormon who was a similar way. A few Mormons were at my high school, which was kind of weird since it was a non-denominational Protestant high school where Mormonism generally wasn't viewed favourably by the half of the school that actually gave a damn about religion. One of them left in grade 11 to be a permanent missionary in Auckland. I always found that hilarious. Not Africa! Not the Middle East! Not some impoverished Pacific atoll! AUCKLAND!

But Ian, if you ever see one of the most stunningly attractive and articulate girls in the world working as a Mormon missionary sort, ask her if her name's Freya ...

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-18-2008, 07:12 AM   #385
Galeonbroad

Quote:

Interesting
fascinating planes combined with bugger all in the way of fences and public property really close to the runway.

Exhibit A

true, I went there as a kid with my dad a lot to watch planes.. some smart guy has a stall there with food and drinks..
Old 07-18-2008, 07:12 AM   #386
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Actually, I tell a lie. Here's some birds that managed to stay put.

Shame I'm a inch too tall or two inches too short for this photo to work!
Hah, cool. Though in case you were wondering, yes, your knees do in fact bend.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-18-2008, 07:13 AM   #387
Galeonbroad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
It's a great British comedy, it has both Dylan Moran and Bill Bailey in it. Classic stuff; Dylan Moran plays Bernard Black, a grumpy drunk of a bookshop owner who hates pretty much everyone - but in this case, he hates his taxes more so he welcomes the JWs with open arms!

Yeah, I've heard about those who leave pretty much get barred from their family. I knew a Mormon who was a similar way. A few Mormons were at my high school, which was kind of weird since it was a non-denominational Protestant high school where Mormonism generally wasn't viewed favourably by the half of the school that actually gave a damn about religion. One of them left in grade 11 to be a permanent missionary in Auckland. I always found that hilarious. Not Africa! Not the Middle East! Not some impoverished Pacific atoll! AUCKLAND!

But Ian, if you ever see one of the most stunningly attractive and articulate girls in the world working as a Mormon missionary sort, ask her if her name's Freya ...

now there's an interesting location to be a missionary... I don't think I've ever seen a mormon in my life...
Old 07-18-2008, 07:14 AM   #388
Vocal parasite

Oh, GG2, at the supermarket today, I picked up some Dutch edam cheese rather cheaply. It looks good, and I hope it tastes good. Should go well with the pinot noir I intend to buy tomorrow and consume during the rugby.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-18-2008, 07:14 AM   #389
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post

I'll be sure to do that.
Old 07-18-2008, 07:15 AM   #390
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
true, I went there as a kid with my dad a lot to watch planes.. some smart guy has a stall there with food and drinks..
Awesome!

Tags
superthread