Wanglik, Guangdong Superthread - Page 24 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-18-2008, 06:34 AM   #346
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 03:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolian2 View Post

Here's some bastard's very nice private jet.
I want one.

Though if you could slice off the wings, give it some flanged wheels, and shave off whatever you need to shave off to make it fit the New Zealand loading gauge, that'd be even better.

Actually, you ever seen pictures of the US trains carrying parts of Boeing planes? That's some fucking impressive stuff, and I'm jealous of the US railways having a loading gauge generous enough to allow them to carry that stuff in the first place.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-18-2008, 06:36 AM   #347
Galeonbroad

Local Time: 05:15 PM

Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Old 07-18-2008, 06:37 AM   #348
Vocal parasite

Quote:
You're in bumfuck, nowhere. You can wait for the fucking train to go past.

Alas, you can make something idiot proof, but there will always be a better idiot.
Personally, I think the trains should run even faster. If you're dumb enough to try to beat a train, you deserve to get cleaned up. You obviously lack the basic common sense to be a fully functional member of society.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-18-2008, 06:37 AM   #349
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 05:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Oh MAN, that's just sad. I've always liked the koru on the tail, but the rest of the plane really needs a splash of colour or ... well, anything to break up the white monotony.
On the positive side, it was given a very basic repaint in anticipation of a new livery for Air New Zealand, although I understand plans for this are currently shelved. I don't know if it's cost or design related, but normally a new livery is rolled out with new ground signage, which was done by Air NZ in 2006 or so.

The fact that they're still preparing for a new livery is a positive sign, though.

Incidentally, here is the 'regular' livery, to compare to the stripped down, acoustic (wtf!) version.

Old 07-18-2008, 06:37 AM   #350
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galeongirl View Post
Looks like you just walked in on the genesis of a picspam!

And this is pretty much a replica of an earlier image I posted, but with the mildly more attractive EDI-refurbished Comengs rather than the Alstom ones.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-18-2008, 06:38 AM   #351
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Old 07-18-2008, 06:39 AM   #352
Galeonbroad

so, you guys are talking planes now instead of trains??
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Old 07-18-2008, 06:40 AM   #353
Vocal parasite

Quote:
On the positive side, it was given a very basic repaint in anticipation of a new livery for Air New Zealand, although I understand plans for this are currently shelved. I don't know if it's cost or design related, but normally a new livery is rolled out with new ground signage, which was done by Air NZ in 2006 or so.

The fact that they're still preparing for a new livery is a positive sign, though.

Incidentally, here is the 'regular' livery, to compare to the stripped down, acoustic (wtf!) version.
Ah, well, that's good news then. I hope that if it's a dramatic redesign, they at least keep the koru. It'd be weird to not have that.

Ooh yes, the dashes on the side, of course. Not exactly much though, is it? And "stripped down, acoustic"?

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-18-2008, 06:41 AM   #354
Vocal parasite

Quote:
so, you guys are talking planes now instead of trains??
We've got both going.

Shame that the rail and air networks down here aren't integrated like you folks have over in Europe. If you're lucky, you can catch a commuter train to the airport, but that's only in Sydney or Brisbane, and it's not like the German ICE rocking up at Frankfurt Airport or whatever.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-18-2008, 06:42 AM   #355
Galeonbroad

well, the train I take to school each day goes to Schiphol... and that's one train every 15 30 minutes so yea, we've good connections!
Old 07-18-2008, 06:43 AM   #356
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
I want one.

Though if you could slice off the wings, give it some flanged wheels, and shave off whatever you need to shave off to make it fit the New Zealand loading gauge, that'd be even better.

Actually, you ever seen pictures of the US trains carrying parts of Boeing planes? That's some fucking impressive stuff, and I'm jealous of the US railways having a loading gauge generous enough to allow them to carry that stuff in the first place.
All well and good, but exactly how do you intend to do any overseas travel?

I've seen the Boeing trains, they're brilliant. Personally I'm more impressed by Airbus hauling huge A380 parts through little French villages though
Old 07-18-2008, 06:44 AM   #357
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Personally, I think the trains should run even faster. If you're dumb enough to try to beat a train, you deserve to get cleaned up. You obviously lack the basic common sense to be a fully functional member of society.
I agree with that.
Old 07-18-2008, 06:44 AM   #358
Galeonbroad

so how is everyone?
Old 07-18-2008, 06:46 AM   #359
Vocal parasite

Quote:
All well and good, but exactly how do you intend to do any overseas travel?

I've seen the Boeing trains, they're brilliant. Personally I'm more impressed by Airbus hauling huge A380 parts through little French villages though
Hmm. How about making the wings retractable to fit in the railway loading gauge, but useful should I ever want to go elsewhere?

Oh, what's Airbus doing? Rail or road?

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-18-2008, 06:47 AM   #360
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Ah, well, that's good news then. I hope that if it's a dramatic redesign, they at least keep the koru. It'd be weird to not have that.

Ooh yes, the dashes on the side, of course. Not exactly much though, is it? And "stripped down, acoustic"?
I can't see them ever dumping the Koru.

If this was a possible option, I'd volunteer to pay for it myself:

Tags
superthread