Wanglik, Guangdong Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be sure to do that.

I'm not kidding when I say I'd totally convert to Mormonism for her. Easily one of the nicest people I've ever met in my life. Shame her parents were hyper-enthusiastic Mormons, really.

Edam :hmm: should be decent.. most dutch cheese is good, as long as it's young :wink: my parents prefer old cheese, yuck!
my salad was pretty good last night :D tonight I'll eat the rest with fried crabsticks and fries :drool: junkfood for once!

i've actually had amusing luck photographing planes lately.

On the 14th I was pondering if I'd see this plane, but on a spotting trip done on a whim I managed to catch it, AND catch the strobe light going too.

IMG_2065.jpg

By the time I realised "Fuck, I'm too tall" the plane had already zipped through the shot. Serves me right for not preparing for the shot by checking the height at which the planes come through with previous arrivals.

Damnit, sucks when that happens. I hate how some footbridges over the railway here have these high fences that fuck me over, but if I were about 3 or 4 inches taller, I'd be relatively OK with, and if I were Daniel's height, I would be thinking "fence? What fence?"

(Seriously, you haven't met the tall bastard. He's like 6'4" or something! I feel so tiny whenever I meet up with him.)

Edam :hmm: should be decent.. most dutch cheese is good, as long as it's young :wink: my parents prefer old cheese, yuck!
my salad was pretty good last night :D tonight I'll eat the rest with fried crabsticks and fries :drool: junkfood for once!

I believe it's young. Certainly I won't be leaving it around to age for long!

Coolness. :up: Though crabsticks? My allergic-to-seafood self will pass on that idea ...

Damnit, sucks when that happens. I hate how some footbridges over the railway here have these high fences that fuck me over, but if I were about 3 or 4 inches taller, I'd be relatively OK with, and if I were Daniel's height, I would be thinking "fence? What fence?"

(Seriously, you haven't met the tall bastard. He's like 6'4" or something! I feel so tiny whenever I meet up with him.)

Haha. I'd hopefully see eye-to-eye with him, so to speak.

I wish this train were running towards me rather than away from me.

I love the one random carriage in the middle still in the old livery.

s640x480

you guys have real colourful trains over there! :ohmy: here they're ALL yellow.. well, with exception of the sprinter.. that ones white with yellow :wink:

God DAMN the Tullamarine Freeway. The Moonee Ponds Creek bridge is such an awesome photography spot ... and the fucking freeway is built directly above the Creek, casting shadows everywhere.

s640x480

I don't believe I'm too far off that height.

I'm tall enough that I'm intimidated (usually, rightfully) by people taller than myself.

Bastard. I'm 5'6-7". I was meant to be 6', but the medication I had to take for a couple of illnesses when I was five or six years old really stunted my growth.

God DAMN the Tullamarine Freeway. The Moonee Ponds Creek bridge is such an awesome photography spot ... and the fucking freeway is built directly above the Creek, casting shadows everywhere.

s640x480

Just what you want, a photography challenge. Once you've photographed everything to death, you can find a way to photography it well in challenging conditions.

Which I'd say you've done well, there!

OK, now I know this shot's blurred, but let's pretend it's due to the speed of the trains and it's really an ACTION SHOT!

The Siemens unit in the background is running left to right, while the VLocity in the middle and Comeng (with driver's cab door open) in the foreground are running right to left.

s640x480

Bastard. I'm 5'6-7". I was meant to be 6', but the medication I had to take for a couple of illnesses when I was five or six years old really stunted my growth.

At least you wouldn't regularly hit your head in the emergency exit top hatch on my buses.

That fucking hurts, and I always feel like such a dick after I do it, too.

Just what you want, a photography challenge. Once you've photographed everything to death, you can find a way to photography it well in challenging conditions.

Which I'd say you've done well, there!

Hah, true. I need some more zoom on my camera, because if I had that, I could probably capture some rather good shots of the trains on the western approach to the bridge.

Thanks. Personally, I'm not happy with the loco being all in shadow while the carriages aren't, but the photos of it before it went all in shadow have the sun on the side of the loco and the front of the cab still in shadow, which looks even worse in my opinion. At least in that one, it's consistent shadow.

At least you wouldn't regularly hit your head in the emergency exit top hatch on my buses.

That fucking hurts, and I always feel like such a dick after I do it, too.

Hah, yeah, true. 5'6-7" is rarely too tall or too short for anything. Just a few of the footbridges over the railways, really. 5'10" would probably work well, even. If I stand on tiptoes, I can just peer over, though it's not comfortable and it's hard to line up a good, accurate shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom