Walking in A Randooomdumdooomdoooom Wonderland & Into 2008

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:( sorry to hear this. ^

Between 6 and 9 pm on SATURDAY? Ummmmmmm, whoa. I never see Time Warner out on a weekend, let alone a weekend night.............We just get the bill credited for the amount of viewing time lost

Schmeg said:

I would like to say some prayers about my dad, too, .

:hug: I hope everything is ok.

what I meant earlier about my post that it was stupid for me to complain about an email I didn't agree with was I shouldn't spend anytime or energy on an email when there are more important problems in the world, like my dad's situtation about the jobs. It's not going to be pretty if he doesn't get something soon, I fear. I really don't want my parents to have to move out of this house they've worked so hard for. It's a long story and one I really don't care to post on the internet....history has a strange way of repeating itself.

So yeah. It's dumb to bitch about a stupid email I got while everyone is stressing about him being out of work.

I hope your dad is going to be ok soon and that it's nothing serious.

there is a potential new member of the stupid criminal club :cute:
Just got done talking to a co-worker on the phone and she told me what went on Friday night. Stupid young kid.

Off today and going to a co-workers house tonight for a little gathering (sounds kind of sinister, doesn't it, a gathering *ominous music* :shifty: )

arw9797 said:

:hug: I hope everything is ok.

what I meant earlier about my post that it was stupid for me to complain about an email I didn't agree with was I shouldn't spend anytime or energy on an email when there are more important problems in the world, like my dad's situtation about the jobs. It's not going to be pretty if he doesn't get something soon, I fear. I really don't want my parents to have to move out of this house they've worked so hard for. It's a long story and one I really don't care to post on the internet....history has a strange way of repeating itself.

So yeah. It's dumb to bitch about a stupid email I got while everyone is stressing about him being out of work.

I hope your dad is going to be ok soon and that it's nothing serious.

I know what you mean. In the same chain of posts I posted about my dad and complained about the HD channels being wiggly, which also seems completely ridiculous. But you feel the way you feel and in the course of the day, there are things that suck in the perspective of just that day, and there are things that suck in the perspective of the next few months.

He's got a little bit of the cancer. I was looking at some pictures last night and thinking, not MY dad. But yeah. I can't really talk about it because I feel like saying it makes it true. And things will be okay. He's scheduled a pretty major surgery around the Super Bowl, so it's serious but not VERY VERY serious, and after he recovers from all that things will be fine, my mom tells me. I just don't like being far away right now.

shari schultz said:
there is a potential new member of the stupid criminal club :cute:
Just got done talking to a co-worker on the phone and she told me what went on Friday night. Stupid young kid.

Off today and going to a co-workers house tonight for a little gathering (sounds kind of sinister, doesn't it, a gathering *ominous music* :shifty: )

I read your journal entry about him, and I am completely baffled about how stupid some people can be.

Another drive by hello. :wave:

Schmeg - hope your dad is alright. Sending good vibes :pray: :hug:

<<<back to work :grumpy:
ha! I just typed frumpy - freudian slip? Crappy two days, but in the scheme of things, it's really not that big a deal, ya know?

:hug: to all!

Schmeg said:

He's got a little bit of the cancer. I was looking at some pictures last night and thinking, not MY dad. But yeah. I can't really talk about it because I feel like saying it makes it true. And things will be okay. He's scheduled a pretty major surgery around the Super Bowl, so it's serious but not VERY VERY serious, and after he recovers from all that things will be fine, my mom tells me. I just don't like being far away right now.

I know that feeling all too well. It's sounds so cliche but my thoughts are with you and your dad. My dad goes back to see his doctor about his cancer on Thursday. I'm nervous about the appointment since we'll find out if the shot helped control it or not.

Kariann said:

I know that feeling all too well. It's sounds so cliche but my thoughts are with you and your dad. My dad goes back to see his doctor about his cancer on Thursday. I'm nervous about the appointment since we'll find out if the shot helped control it or not.

I've been thinking a lot about your dad these days.

It's not cliche at all. I know you've been there. It means a lot. Thank you. :hug:

Thank you, too, Lila. :frumpy: :giggle:

Had a nice night out with the co-workers. Just sat around and laughed and bitched and talked. Former boss was able to come at the last minute.........her being there :heart: I still miss her so much. A voice of reason and sanity amongst idiots.

She mentioned that one of the christmas hires in our dept was leaning on the counter doing her nails :happy:...............and yes I mean filing and polishing.
We apparently hire only the most dedicated people/sarcasm

Former boss also agreed that there is a feeling that some big changes will be taking place after inventory............I hate that feeling that is just hovering overhead that something big is gonna happen............it just makes everyone more tense and out for themselves.

Anyway it was a good therapy session tonight.

Schmeg said:

I'm really sorry. I hope everything goes well with his surgery and recovery. :hug:

Maybe you could fly home for a weekend just for peace of mind.

I think I slept too much the last few weeks because I just feel lazy and can't get motivated. I'm toying with the idea of calling in sick to work tomorrow. Plus, all of the ladder climbing I do at WM has caught up with my arthritic knees. My left knee has been on constant throb since last night. After 2 days of school and 1 day of work this week, I'm worn out. :sigh:

arthritic knees :crack: ..............I am currently bonding with a heating pad *officially old*

WOW is it windy! It's garbage day and all the city toters fell over in the storm and are blowing up and down the street like leaves. Since all the garbage is also on the street I need to go collect all the parts and put them back together. And the rain is coming down horizontal. Yay winter in WNY!:|

Winter is making a comeback here tomorrow, apparently. They really don't know how much snow exactly but are guessing at least 5" ~ I love the phrase "at least".

Enjoy collecting the parts in the rain and wind ~ sounds blissful (notsomuch)

^a controlled burn during foggy conditions? :eyebrow:

Watching Ghosthunter Marathon while cleaning.........Ghosthunters International begins tonght.

shari schultz said:

Watching Ghosthunter Marathon while cleaning.........Ghosthunters International begins tonght.

Cant wait! Also at 8pm they have a new episode which is return to the St. Augustine Light house. So I guess they go back to that one. That is the one that probably freaked me out the most, with the black shadow leaning over the rail.

Time for some debunking! LOL ;)

I think the first visit was the first episode of Ghosthunters I watched thanks to you :)

The return of Brian............"Dude, run!"

Anything having to do with the Stanley Hotel freaks me out.
While I was out last night we got to talking about Ghosthunters and a friend told me that her brother in law (he has a house in the area of Stanley Hotel), who collects *interesting things*, bought a door from the Stanley Hotel during an auction.

Just saw the re-cap of the figure leaning over the rail and it sent shivers down my spine.

that pile-up pic is :yikes:

I think I caught a couple of episodes of Ghosthunters. Didn't they do a live broadcast last year some time :scratch:

Looking for Police Chief Brody :wink:

Police Chief Brody here :wink:
Yes they did do a live broadcast for the Halloween episode from the Stanley Hotel (The Shining)

shari schultz said:
I think the first visit was the first episode of Ghosthunters I watched thanks to you :)

The return of Brian............"Dude, run!"

Brian annoys the :censored: out of me . . . so of course he's on the team that goes to Europe :banghead:. I hope he doesn't cause any drama. I watch the show for debunking/cool ghost stuff, not staff problems :|

I didn't know they had a new lighthouse episode at 8 - missed it :reject:

shari schultz said:

I always realize that these are on when they are almost over! The funny thing is that everyone at work has been watching the various ghost/haunting shows and all want to go out and experience something so they are all asking me about where I've gone etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom