Walking in A Randooomdumdooomdoooom Wonderland & Into 2008 - Page 60 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-05-2008, 06:35 PM   #886
arw
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:59 PM
54 hours this week. The week starts over on Friday but I'm not sure what I'm scheduled next week. It's so fun there and I love the work so I'm more than ok with being scheduled more OT. If I work the same amount of hours next week then my check the following week will be double of what I would normally make. April is even busier than March so if this keeps up, I'll be making some good money despite the fact that I don't get paid all that much. Working an extra hour or two there is just no big deal at all like it is at other places I've worked. The time goes by so fast and it's so busy and constantly changing that it's time to go before I know it.

Old 03-05-2008, 07:54 PM   #887
ONE
love, blood, life

I am so glad that you are enjoying your job!^
I miss OT

Old 03-05-2008, 08:10 PM   #888
ONE
love, blood, life

The sun came up this morning. Wasn't sure that was gonna happen after Brett announced his retirement.

The Packers without Brett is still unimaginable to me.........It just kind of blows my mind. All sorts of specials on local tv about him.......watching one now. He is in Green Bay tomorrow for his Press Conference...............I imagine the store will be dead tomorrow during it.
Old 03-05-2008, 09:20 PM   #889
ONE
love, blood, life

Location: Searching for world peace an end to hunger and jeans that make my butt look extraordinary!
Quote:
Originally posted by arw9797
54 hours this week. The week starts over on Friday but I'm not sure what I'm scheduled next week. It's so fun there and I love the work so I'm more than ok with being scheduled more OT. If I work the same amount of hours next week then my check the following week will be double of what I would normally make. April is even busier than March so if this keeps up, I'll be making some good money despite the fact that I don't get paid all that much. Working an extra hour or two there is just no big deal at all like it is at other places I've worked. The time goes by so fast and it's so busy and constantly changing that it's time to go before I know it.
OT is so much easier when you are doing something you enjoy. Sounds like it's a great environment to be in!
Old 03-05-2008, 09:57 PM   #890
ONE
love, blood, life

Location: Searching for world peace an end to hunger and jeans that make my butt look extraordinary!
Last night CF and I decided to go to Clinton Headquarters last night to partake in the post primary events and I have to say that being in the crowd there was worse than any of the crowds we endured on the floor for U2. I was amazed at the amount of cutting in front of and pushing that people did....and these were full fledged adults! We started out about 15 people deep on the left side and ended up being in the 2nd row right up front not from us moving up on our own but from maneuvering from people crowding in. After Hillary gave her speech I almost was able to shake her hand but some dude shoved right in front of me.

When the governor was speaking it seemed like he kept looking at me a few times and then when he came around shaking hands he shook the ones around me and kept looking my way and put his hand out to shake. I found it kind of weird and decided to be more interested in my camera.

All in all it was cool being there.
Old 03-06-2008, 06:51 PM   #891
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:59 PM
I'm making my favorite dinner and I can't wait to eat it. Trader Joe's Gorgonzola and Walnut Tortellini with Orange Vodka Sauce.
Old 03-06-2008, 08:00 PM   #892
ONE
love, blood, life

your pasta sounds better than mine ~ Spagetti (sp? my brain can't think of how to spell spagetti............that just does not look right )
I am about to eat and watch the Favre retirement press conference.........should = indigestion
Old 03-06-2008, 08:02 PM   #893
ONE
love, blood, life

oh and all I can say to my co-workers tomorrow is good luck! Advertising is screwed up (again with the smiley)..........I am off Friday and Saturday ................this will come back to bite me on the butt someday, though.
Old 03-06-2008, 08:42 PM   #894
ONE
love, blood, life

oh I am such a girly ~ just sitting here bawling my eyes out.
See Brett cry= watch me cry.

Just always thought that he would come back for "just one more year".

Seriously impressed with the man~ sitting there answering virtually the same question time after time after time.
Old 03-06-2008, 09:08 PM   #895
arw
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Schmeg
I'm making my favorite dinner and I can't wait to eat it. Trader Joe's Gorgonzola and Walnut Tortellini with Orange Vodka Sauce.

not sure about the tortellini part, though I'm sure I'd probably like it, but the orange vodka sauce sounds amazing.

I mentioned the other day to my sister and her boyfriend that I wanted to make pizzas tonight but I wasn't in the mood to make the dough from scracth (get enough of that at work!) so today while he and his brother, who is just here for the weekend, were out and about, they bought pizza dough for me! I made veggie and pinneapple pizza for dinner. They were all surprised at how much they liked it without me. I thought it was delicious!
Old 03-06-2008, 09:10 PM   #896
arw
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by shari schultz
oh I am such a girly ~ just sitting here bawling my eyes out.
See Brett cry= watch me cry.

Just always thought that he would come back for "just one more year".

Seriously impressed with the man~ sitting there answering virtually the same question time after time after time.

I watched most of it online. I was shocked at how emotional he got right away. I must admit, I had a hard time watching it. I'm sad he won't be around anymore. Those 2 Sundays that our teams meet each year just aren't going to be the same at all.
Old 03-06-2008, 10:13 PM   #897
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:59 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by arw9797

not sure about the tortellini part, though I'm sure I'd probably like it, but the orange vodka sauce sounds amazing.

I mentioned the other day to my sister and her boyfriend that I wanted to make pizzas tonight but I wasn't in the mood to make the dough from scracth (get enough of that at work!) so today while he and his brother, who is just here for the weekend, were out and about, they bought pizza dough for me! I made veggie and pinneapple pizza for dinner. They were all surprised at how much they liked it without me. I thought it was delicious!
SO good. Both of our dinners. I personally think non-meat pizza toppings taste better anyway, that sounds really good!
Old 03-07-2008, 03:05 PM   #898
ONE
love, blood, life

Just looked at the pics you sent, arw.
Flowers, cactus and green grass!
Very nice pictures of you and your family....................#23 of your sis, mom and you
The resort looks beautiful.
Old 03-07-2008, 03:23 PM   #899
ONE
love, blood, life

One week til Gaelic Storm! Show is now SOLD OUT! Gonna be a blast

Listening to new Bodean cd. I like .
Breathe is definately dark, though.
Can't wait for summer and the trip up to Oshkosh to see them at the amphitheater again.
Old 03-07-2008, 07:07 PM   #900
ONE
love, blood, life

We are experiencing our worst winter storm in the past few years (which so far is nothing compared to the weather Shari has endured this winter) and they are using the term blizzard. We ended up leaving work early today. I'm hoping that job 2 would be called off tomorrow since I have to go in to open with A on vacation. It's just C and I scheduled and she is not the most reliable on a good so I could end up being there by myself alone all day.

I had to clean off my car FOUR times today. I was in the grocery for 15 minutes and it was covered again. Then I went to get gas to find out that the little door to get to my gas cap was frozen shut so I had to chip it open with my keys to get it open!