Walking in A Randooomdumdooomdoooom Wonderland & Into 2008 - Page 59 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-03-2008, 08:35 PM   #871
fah
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:09 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by shari schultz
not to mention the joy that was being in the middle of my manager and the visual manager today........
oh joy.
All of a sudden I've got that song stuck in my head

"...stuck in the middle with you..."

Old 03-03-2008, 09:35 PM   #872
ONE
love, blood, life

Location: Searching for world peace an end to hunger and jeans that make my butt look extraordinary!
Local Time: 11:09 PM
I finally was able to catch U23D this weekend. I ended up going on my own because CF got confused about which weekend day I had off and my mom and I got into an argument. I might try to catch it one more time if I feel the need for an escape one evening after work.

Tomorrow I'm getting up early to go vote before work. I'm actually excited about going. CF and I are even pondering on going to one of the events here in town after work tomorrow evening. We've wanted to try to go hear the candidates speak but every time they were in town it was always in the morning.

Old 03-04-2008, 10:28 AM   #873
ONE
love, blood, life

ok arw, you now have a Favre-less Packer team

Gotta say that I felt that the longer it took for him to decide the more I felt he was leaning towards retirement. Then when the "oops" retirement announcement popped up on the Packer website for a few minutes it confirmed that "he's gonna retire" feelings.
Today, the official announcement.

17 years without missing a game. One single game. Probably never going to see that again.
Old 03-04-2008, 10:31 AM   #874
ONE
love, blood, life

I think this is going to get mighty interesting before the end of it.
~DRAMA~
Old 03-04-2008, 10:52 AM   #875
ONE
love, blood, life

Favre tells Packers he's retiring
Agent says Favre wanted to play another year but felt Packers didn't want him
By TOM SILVERSTEIN
tsilverstein@journalsentinel.com
Posted: March 4, 2008
Brett Favre

Quarterback Brett Favre told Green Bay Packers coach Mike McCarthy Monday night that he was going to retire.

But his agent, James (Bus) Cook, told the Journal Sentinel this morning that he believes Favre wants to play another year and didn't get the sense that the Packers wanted him back all that badly.

"It's my opinion," Cook said of the Packers' lack of interest. "I know he wants to play one more year. I do not know much conversation there was (between Favre and the Packers) and I don't think anyone forced him to make that decision. But I don't know that anyone tried to talk him out of it."

Cook said that Favre feels physically and mentally capable of playing at least one more year.

"I think he wanted to play," Cook said. " I think he's still got it. He knows he's still got it. I think he felt he could play one more year. I don't know if they told him they really wanted him to play. That's just the feeling I got."

Cook was asked whether he thought Favre could be talked into returning: "I don't know," he said.

McCarthy said recently that he and general manager Ted Thompson sat down during the bye week of the playoffs and evaluated tape of Favre to determine whether he could still play. McCarthy said that they came to the conclusion that he was still able to play the game at a high level.

During the off-season, there were reports that Thompson had not done much to encourage Favre to return and that Favre's feeling was that the Packers weren't fired up about bringing him back. After reports surfaced of Favre's uneasiness about Thompson's lack of communication, Thompson told reporters at the combine that he called Favre to talk about the future.

Drama^
Old 03-04-2008, 11:37 AM   #876
ONE
love, blood, life

Ok. The Brett Favre retired blues have hit. It didn't take long
Just listening to local radio and people calling in from all across the USA...........e-mails from across the world.

There is part of me that wants to Ted Thompson
Old 03-04-2008, 12:34 PM   #877
ONE
love, blood, life

I just wish that Brett would hold a press conference and announce it himself instead of his brother and his agent.
I want to see it and hear it coming from Brett, himself.

The pick me up is that the new Bodean CD is out today.......it is getting good reviews
Old 03-04-2008, 01:12 PM   #878
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Local Time: 12:09 AM
I saw the news on MSN and immediately thought of shari
Old 03-04-2008, 02:26 PM   #879
ONE
love, blood, life

I just heard the voicemail left for Mortenson.................
I have now heard it officially.

I purposely have not flipped on the tv because I knew I would "lose it". Just turned ESPN on and they re-ran the story from when Brett lost his father and went on to have an amazing game..........I think that, yes that, not the Superbowl victory is my favorite game. Superbowl victory is second.
Old 03-04-2008, 06:38 PM   #880
Blue Crack Addict

I like Favre. The Packers won't look like the Packers without him.
Old 03-04-2008, 06:44 PM   #881
Blue Crack Addict

We are getting freezing slush right now. WTF, weather?? It was 67 on Sunday, and I tonight had to cancel my dinner plans so I didn't slide into a ditch on the way home!

A little plow just went around the complex. That will probably be the only plow I see until next winter.
Old 03-04-2008, 08:16 PM   #882
arw
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by shari schultz
ok arw, you now have a Favre-less Packer team

Gotta say that I felt that the longer it took for him to decide the more I felt he was leaning towards retirement. Then when the "oops" retirement announcement popped up on the Packer website for a few minutes it confirmed that "he's gonna retire" feelings.
Today, the official announcement.

17 years without missing a game. One single game. Probably never going to see that again.
well I've always said I won't be happy about him retiring.......it's too fun to pick on him and the Pack. It won't be the same. The rivalry won't be the same without him. I'm actually really shocked that he retired now after the season he just had but I suppose it's better he goes out like this then to come back and have a winless season next year and then be "forced" to retire.
Old 03-04-2008, 08:19 PM   #883
arw
Blue Crack Addict

our work weeks are Friday thru Thursday. Everyone was required to work 6 days this week. We never get out of there on time so after tomorrow I will have work 53 hours this week. I'm off on Thursday
Old 03-05-2008, 05:23 PM   #884
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Good, so you can stay up and watch the season premiere of Ghost Hunters tonight

Did they install the dish yet?
Old 03-05-2008, 05:45 PM   #885
arw
Blue Crack Addict

yeah I got it last week. To be honest I haven't really needed to watch tv in my room at all so I feel like it's kind of a waste. But on the other hand, my sister's boyfriend is just finishing up an 8 day 12 hour a day shift at the hospital and will be off for 5 days now. My sister said when he's home he takes over the family room tv. So once that happens I'm sure I'll hide out in my room more.

I think I have to go to the airport tonight at midnight with my sister. The boyfriend's brother is coming in for the weekend and since he'll be at work, we're in charge of going to the airport. I haven't stayed up past 10 at the very latest since I moved here!