Walking in A Randooomdumdooomdoooom Wonderland & Into 2008 - Page 56 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-26-2008, 07:30 AM   #826
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 09:40 AM
Good Morning
Glad your back is feeling better kelly

arw's mom Awwww, I hope she adjusts to you being in AZ quickly. I would think that you being with family would make it a bit easier.

Old 02-26-2008, 07:37 AM   #827
ONE
love, blood, life

Whatever this "bug" is that I am fighting neeeeeds to go away. Felt horrid yesterday at work and ended up taking a cold pill and then made it through the last 2 hours. Came home exhausted, went to bed at 9-ish and woke up all achey at 11:12 Fell asleep around 2 and then woke up around 4 freezing cold. Now I am warm and have a headache and have taken more meds.......this whole thing is weird /whining

THANK GOD the snow missed us. Writing Make it go away in the snow has worked
I keep picturing a co-worker on the beach in Cancun, that just sounds lovely right now

Old 02-26-2008, 05:49 PM   #828
arw
Blue Crack Addict

it's soooooooooo nice out right now. I want to take the dog for a walk and run around town but I'm exhausted. I have the next 2 days off to myself. My feet are killing me so I'm going to put the money my mom gave me to good use and buy a new pair of shoes for the kitchen. I love the shoes I got last year at school but after working 6 days in the same shoes, I think it's time for a 2nd pair.
Old 02-26-2008, 06:22 PM   #829
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Local Time: 10:40 AM
Another one of our local weather guys has passed away:
http://www2.tbo.com/content/2008/feb...er-dies/?imw=Y

I think I posted last year about the other one (channel 8) who shot himself

It's kind of weird. The anchor people come and go, but the weather guys you remember . This guy was at that station for 28 years.

I have no idea why I'm posting this. I guess this is my de facto weather related things thread.
Old 02-26-2008, 09:53 PM   #830
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by kellyahern
Another one of our local weather guys has passed away:
http://www2.tbo.com/content/2008/feb...er-dies/?imw=Y

I think I posted last year about the other one (channel 8) who shot himself

It's kind of weird. The anchor people come and go, but the weather guys you remember . This guy was at that station for 28 years.

I have no idea why I'm posting this. I guess this is my de facto weather related things thread.
The weather people in Indy get promoted to other jobs. We were watching the news one night and suddenly the weather girl was on location doing a special report about something tragic to Indianians, like daylight savings time or people not driving under the speed limit. I've never seen a weather person become a reporter.

The Rhode Island anchors have remained and looked the same since I was a kid. One night I got cut off by the NBC affiliate anchor; a green car with a license plate that said NBC10 went right on red without stopping as I was coming. As I passed him to glare, I saw the same silver helmet of hair that had been anchored the 11:00 news since Roger Williams himself left the Massachusetts Bay Colony.

OMG, I went to get a picture of him and he died in August '06!!! Now I feel bad for complaining!

Doug through the years...
Old 02-26-2008, 10:21 PM   #831
Blue Crack Addict

Some skating babble...

This girl I know who I don't really like is on the current National Synchronized Skating Champion team. Every single frickin' picture of the Haydenettes anywhere on the internet and in Skating magazine has this girl in it, whether it's the whole team or just a portion of it. She's now on the usfigureskating.org banner for the next year.

And I found my all-time favorite synchro program on youtube.com. If you have four and a half minutes to kill, please enjoy the Haydenettes' 1994 gold-medal winning program as seen in Providence, RI.

Old 02-27-2008, 09:47 AM   #832
arw
Blue Crack Addict

it's the weekend for me. I got up a 6:15 an my first thought was "oh shit, I'm dead..." I thought I had overslept for work. After I realized that was not the case I was really pissed that I was up so early. I've been wide awake since. I'm glad that I am up and hope I can go to bed early again tonight so the same thing happens tomorrow. I don't want to screw up my early morning routine. The cat is passed out next to me. She's so cute!
Old 02-27-2008, 10:08 AM   #833
arw
Blue Crack Addict

Here's Lily! This is last night but she's currently in the same position on my bed right now. I never thought I'd like living with a cat! She wasn't this friendly with me a few years ago when my sister lived in MN

And here's Roxy.....she's kind of goofy

She's laying on her "snoozy" with the only toy she likes, her piggy

Old 02-27-2008, 11:04 AM   #834
arw
Blue Crack Addict

it's going to be so warm today! I'm so excited to finally have a day off to myself to roam around. The good thing about having everyone in town last week was my sister took us all over for dinner so I got to learn my way around town. Plus I'm already pretty comfortable with the area that I work in so I know where I'm going today and I won't get lost! Of course I do have the worlds largest atlas in my car just in case....maps
Old 02-27-2008, 12:07 PM   #835
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Lily is a pretty cat
Old 02-27-2008, 05:38 PM   #836
arw
Blue Crack Addict

I drove all the way out to the Scottsdale Culinary Institute to buy a bag for my knives only to find out that the bookstore just recently closed! After I wandered around a mall and Old Town I decided what I have is good enough. It was cheap and is functional, I just feel like a dork. It's a Wilton toolbox from Michaels that holds a lot and has two shelves in it so I can keep some personal stuff on the top and my tools on the bottom. I feel like a big loser using it but I'm going to try to make it work for now. I found shoes for work but they were $75. It's worth it but I didn't buy them because my sister told me of another place in Tempe I could try to go to tomorrow. It's so nice out and I'm dying to wander around the mountains but I'll have to wait for the weekend. Hopefully it will be nice enough on Sat to go. My sister said she'd meet me at work and can go from there for a few hours. It really sucks having your weekend be in the middle of the week. It also sucks not knowing anyone. Once my official time for school is done at the end of March, I'm going to ask for a 3 day weekend so we can drive to Joshua Tree for a few days. My sister's boyfriend has a big enough truck that we can all sleep in. I can't wait to sit under the stars and relax in the desert for a few days. /ARW's afternoon thoughts
Old 02-27-2008, 07:46 PM   #837
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Schmeg
Some skating babble...

This girl I know who I don't really like is on the current National Synchronized Skating Champion team. Every single frickin' picture of the Haydenettes anywhere on the internet and in Skating magazine has this girl in it, whether it's the whole team or just a portion of it. She's now on the usfigureskating.org banner for the next year.

And I found my all-time favorite synchro program on youtube.com. If you have four and a half minutes to kill, please enjoy the Haydenettes' 1994 gold-medal winning program as seen in Providence, RI.

4 1/2 minutes killed.
That was quite mezmerizing to watch! I would be skating into my fellow skaters if I tried that............it would be very comical.
Old 02-27-2008, 07:51 PM   #838
ONE
love, blood, life

welcome to your weekend, arw.
Are you going to have the same schedule every week? Always the same 2 days off for your weekend?

I really don't mind working weekends *oddball*

Lily is cute
What makes Roxy goofy?
Old 02-27-2008, 07:58 PM   #839
ONE
love, blood, life

ok, I am doing a small panic.

The boss has the new schedule out and she gave me off Friday and Saturday (March 7,8) before the weekend I asked off for for the"musicfest" weekend. I hope nothing gets screwed up.

If Chicago falls through, I can work the weekend if I get scheduled but I still NEEEEEEEEEED the 14th and the 17th off.
Old 02-27-2008, 08:56 PM   #840
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
If you spot Capt. Jack Sparrow, Edith Piaf or Batman around the state - and it's not Halloween - you've stumbled onto a shooting location for "Public Enemies," the new film about John Dillinger starring Johnny Depp, Marion Cotillard and Christian Bale.
I could handle bumping into Johnny Depp or especially Christian Bale