Walking in A Randooomdumdooomdoooom Wonderland & Into 2008 - Page 53 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-19-2008, 09:30 PM   #781
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:33 AM
Oh and you are forgiven for the weather/temps comment.

For now the "Make it stop" plea I wrote in the snow last week is holding *crossing fingers*. It is frigid though. Oh well.

Old 02-19-2008, 09:37 PM   #782
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Local Time: 09:33 AM
Hi arw

Glad you've settled in okay

shari - after today, no more annoying phone calls from candidates - until the fall at least

Old 02-19-2008, 09:42 PM   #783
arw
Blue Crack Addict

I'm an hour behind home. That's throwing me off for some reason. AZ does not have daylight savings so in another few months it will be 2 hours behind

It's ok so far. I miss home and all that but I'll be fine for now. I feel a lot more at ease now that I've seen the bake shop I'll be in and know what my uniform looks like. My school uniform was so big so I was worried about that.

It's nice here...just totally different. I'm looking forward to when my family leaves and I'm just working on a regular basis. My mom and brother should be here in about 2 hours. My dad will be here tomorrow night, late, and I'll probably be in bed by the time he gets here.
Old 02-19-2008, 09:45 PM   #784
ONE
love, blood, life

Location: Searching for world peace an end to hunger and jeans that make my butt look extraordinary!
arw...glad to hear that you are getting all settled in! You'll have to give an update on your first day in the kitchen! I'm so excited for you!

Schmeg...your girls look adorable!

Shari...I'm dreading all the calls that are going to be coming my way from the candidates in the next couple weeks even though I am honestly looking forward to voting in our primary. For the first time I've really been following the whole thing and find it kind of exciting. It's the history and news junkie part of me coming out.
Old 02-19-2008, 11:49 PM   #785
arw
Blue Crack Addict

my mom and brother got here a few hours ago. All of my stuff is unpacked. It's weird to see my stuff in this room.

the honeymoon is over with my sister already. She's so impatient all the time and accuses everyone around her that they're being impatient, not her. so...........she's already started that crap with me. I'm sure it'll be fine once I start to work. But right now I'm not enjoying myself. Thankfully I can go sightseeing tomorrow with my mom and brother in my own car and don't have to rely on her. I know it's a big adjustment for her to have me live with her plus have my whole family visiting but she still could be a little nicer to me. Oh well........I've dealt with it my whole life and knew it would happen here too.
Old 02-20-2008, 01:16 AM   #786
arw
Blue Crack Addict

ok I'm better now....I think she could tell I was mad at her. Plus I think my mom set her straight a bit. Now she's being overly nice so......this is what i'll get to deal with for the next few months so I better get used to it.

I don't have cable in my room yet so no food network. That's probably a good thing because seeing stuff about making food stresses me out right now.
Old 02-20-2008, 01:23 AM   #787
arw
Blue Crack Addict

so what do I watch at night? The living room tv has a million channels and my sister's boyfriend works the night shift so when he's working I can use that tv. I just don't know what's even on at night. It's soooooo weird having my nights off. On top of all the new things in my life I need to get used to being home from 5-midnight. Too weird.
Old 02-20-2008, 01:40 AM   #788
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 06:33 AM
Glad to hear you are getting settled in. I know from my few visits to Phoenix, there's plenty of shopping & restaurants to go around. And certain freeways have that rubberized pavement or something - it's quieter. You're only one hour ahead of Calif., and you never turn the clock. How nice

For TV.... The Daily Show & Stephen Colbert, but they are both in reruns this week. I usually post Letterman's schedule in the Lettermn thread. Ray Davies will be on tonight and Steve Martin on Thursday

BTW, I have friends in Phoenix, and I could ask them things if you need to know something or need a recommendation. However they are out of town for a couple of days. Actually back in their old home town (where I am) due to a funeral

Old 02-20-2008, 11:50 AM   #789
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Local Time: 09:33 AM
Ghosthunters International is one tonight . . . but so far, it's kind of boring

Kariann, are you one of the March 4th primaries? That is exciting, now that things are down to the wire.
Old 02-20-2008, 08:09 PM   #790
arw
Blue Crack Addict

I'm so nervous about tomorrow I think I'm going to throw up!

Today was fun. My mom, brother, and I went to the resort so I could get my uniform and drop off my food handlers cert at HR. After that we wandered around the grounds of the resort, had some coffee, shopped in the gift shops and then we went to Scottsdale for the afternoon. Wandered around Old Town then had lunch OUTSIDE! Then I wanted to go to Ikea to get some storage stuff so we drove over and I saw where the Imax theater is I'm going to go there to see U2 3D even if I have to go alone. Now we're back at the house. Everyone is taking the dog for a walk before we go to dinner and then pick up my dad at the airport. I have to be in bed by about 9 so I can get up early. I'll probably be up all night but I did bring a cd player with my ocean relaxation cd. I'll be fine once I get there tomorrow. I'm more nervous about the things I don't need to be nervous about like is the person training me tomorrow going to be there at 6 like I will be. My Chef either doesn't work tomorrow or not until later. I can't remember what he said.....
Old 02-20-2008, 08:10 PM   #791
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:33 AM
Welcome to the warm weather!
Old 02-20-2008, 09:01 PM   #792
ONE
love, blood, life

"Meh" kind of day.

The changes have begun at work.
1. They are closing our store restaurant. I feel so bad for the manager and her people. I talked to her briefly this morning and she was on the verge of tears.
2. Something is changing with the way people who work on part commission are being paid. Prediction is that there may be a mass exodus

Not to mention I think kelly shared her fever with me thru the internet. Wow ~ hot, cold, nauseous and I bonded with the bathroom at work this morning. Slight headache and sore throat are now setting in. Bleh. The flu has hit the state and I think I have a bit of it.

Time to go stare at Ghosthunters international.............BTW kelly, I am also a little disappointed in it. I am looking forward to March 5 and the new season of Ghosthunters.
Old 02-20-2008, 09:03 PM   #793
ONE
love, blood, life

Good luck tomorrow arw!
Old 02-20-2008, 09:04 PM   #794
ONE
love, blood, life

Lila, your signature
Old 02-20-2008, 09:21 PM   #795
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 06:33 AM

I had whatever you had, but I had it about a month ago. Not fun. Get well soon!