Walking in A Randooomdumdooomdoooom Wonderland & Into 2008 - Page 45 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-06-2008, 11:19 PM   #661
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:54 AM
UNCLE!!!!11

no more snow! No More Snow! NO MORE SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-07-2008, 12:29 AM   #662
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 06:54 AM
I couldn't find this clip in English - this will have to do

Old 02-07-2008, 11:15 AM   #663
ONE
love, blood, life

Groundhog Day
When I worked Tuesday night, the DJ on the radio, in a very sinister voice, said, "bring me the groundhog"

I woke up around 2:50 and WGN radio was chatting with a guy who got stuck behind, well this................

Quote:
The Wisconsin National Guard was called in to assist more than 500 stranded motorists in Dane County on Wednesday night after near-blizzard conditions caused a 19-mile backup on I-90, authorities said.

Gov. Jim Doyle declared a state of emergency for Dane and Rock counties after semitrailer trucks became stuck on an icy incline in a westbound lane of I-90 east of Stoughton, said Capt. Lee McMenamin of the Wisconsin State Patrol........

..........Dane County sheriff's deputies used snowmobiles and all-terrain vehicles to check on motorists caught in the I-90 backup, McMenamin said.

The Wisconsin National Guard dispatched 15 Humvees and two 5-ton trucks to deliver rations, water and fuel to motorists waiting to get through the bottleneck, Guard spokesman Lt. Col. Tim Donovan said.

Forty Guard soldiers were staging at an armory in Madison, and two Black Hawk helicopters were being readied for possible search-and-rescue operations late Wednesday night, Donovan said.

An armory in Janesville also was being readied for use as a shelter for any motorists who might have to be transported from the area, he said.
Unreal. People were stuck for hours and hours and hours. Greyhound bus driver who was stuck was letting people board his bus to stay warm and to use the facilities.
Old 02-07-2008, 12:45 PM   #664
fah
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:54 AM

Good morning

I feel like doing nothing today
Old 02-07-2008, 02:12 PM   #665
arw
Blue Crack Addict

Oil change=$30
Transmission fluid and filter change=$160.00
Tire rotation=$26.95
Battery=$74.95 for installation only. No clue what the actual battery costs.

I miss the days when my dad was in charge of a service dept and could do all of the above for 1/4 of the cost....or do most of it himself on a quiet Saturday afternoon.

My budget for the car stuff was only $200.00. Looks like it will be almost double of that once I find out how much the battery will cost. Plus I have to get license tabs next week, pay my brother for my flight........
Old 02-07-2008, 02:26 PM   #666
arw
Blue Crack Addict

my dad is not happy with the above costs so he's going to do some calling around for me this afternoon. connections....I have no problems paying for stuff but when things like installation for a battery is just as much, if not more, than the actual battery, it's pisses me off to no end. I just started to actually pay for oil changes this past year for the first time ever so I can't complain too much on what I've saved in my day but $75 for a battery install? Plus the transmission fluid and filter charge seems a bit ridiculous too.

I have big piles of stuff in the family room and suitcases. I have no clue what to take with me on the plane and what can come a few days later in my car. What a mess Now I just have to finish my closet
Old 02-07-2008, 02:28 PM   #667
arw
Blue Crack Addict

I can't believe it's 1:30
Old 02-07-2008, 05:23 PM   #668
ONE
love, blood, life

Cleaning up here a little bit.........the sun came out for a little bit and I suddenly felt motivated to do something. Winter blahs are setting in.

One nice discovery on Netflix. The instant watch on Netflix has Murder By Death playing how many times can I watch it?
Old 02-08-2008, 01:34 PM   #669
arw
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by shari schultz
Murder By Death playing how many times can I watch it?

a bazillion times!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-08-2008, 01:37 PM   #670
arw
Blue Crack Addict

I just woke up I have sooooooooooooo much to do in my room
Old 02-08-2008, 04:17 PM   #671
arw
Blue Crack Addict

I've made tons of progress in my room, little by little. However......I've been on a mad mission this week to find the CD for my camera and it's still missing My sister is "unsure" if her computer will require the CD or if I can just stick my memery card in. My ancient computer required the CD to be loaded on it first but her's is new so I imagine I'll be ok without it. But ya never know..... I've only moved ONCE since I bought the camera. I've moved tons of times in the past few years and somehow managed to find everything else but this one thing. It should be on the top of my crap from my last move!
Old 02-08-2008, 07:01 PM   #672
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 06:54 AM
Well if you end up needing the CD, perhaps you can find a website in which to download the information you need, such as from the manufacturer. That's what I do when I can't find the manuals and such, like for troubleshooting, etc.
Old 02-08-2008, 08:39 PM   #673
ONE
love, blood, life

^ what Lila said. Hopefully you will find it, though.
Congrats on the packing progress.

I am off for the next 2 days My first weekend off in three weeks No weekend customers Although some did sneak out today to drive us buggy. It is also attack of cabin fever season...........everyone is feeling it.
Old 02-08-2008, 08:43 PM   #674
ONE
love, blood, life

I am gonna play with the Samsung s630 camera that we sell. I bought it and will take it back on Monday. So far it is fine for a very basic camera. "AA" batteries die quickly, though. Not great clarity on the LCD screen, either. Will have to see how the pictures turn out.
Old 02-08-2008, 09:47 PM   #675
ONE
love, blood, life

Location: Searching for world peace an end to hunger and jeans that make my butt look extraordinary!
The image on lynnok's signature looks quite familar.

It's been an exhausting week with another one like it possibly next week and maybe the one after that. The great thing today was getting some really fabulous feedback on the work we've done. A week ago we were ready to invest in wigs to cover up the patches of hair we ripped out in frustration!