Walking in A Randooomdumdooomdoooom Wonderland & Into 2008 - Page 44 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-06-2008, 01:47 PM   #646
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:35 AM
Radio station is complaining that the malls are closed and people are calling in to say they are getting off of work early and they want to go shop................Ummmmmmmmm why are you getting out of work early? Oh, yeah, the snow..................if it isn't "that bad outside" stay at work
BTW my store is still open; our Bayshore store is closed. When the malls close that does not include the anchor stores, those are closed separately. Target is not listed as being closed. Walmart is not listed as being closed...........there are places that are open.

Old 02-06-2008, 01:52 PM   #647
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by shari schultz
Radio station is complaining that the malls are closed and people are calling in to say they are getting off of work early and they want to go shop................
Amazing.....I sometimes wonder if people understand that those of us who work in retail are people too and we might like to get to our homes before the storm gets too bad. If they can complain they can stay at work.

I don't shop on holidays any more because I'd like the malls to be empty so everyone can have a day off. I'm usually home alone because everybody else is at the mall.

Old 02-06-2008, 02:07 PM   #648
ONE
love, blood, life

HA! Kohl's is closing all stores in the area at 2pm. As goes Kohl's, so go the other anchor's.

Mike Seidel (weather channel) is in Milwaukee and currently being pelted by the "not so bad" snowstorm..............didn't look like he was having too much fun.
Old 02-06-2008, 02:10 PM   #649
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by lynnok

Amazing.....I sometimes wonder if people understand that those of us who work in retail are people too and we might like to get to our homes before the storm gets too bad. If they can complain they can stay at work.

I don't shop on holidays any more because I'd like the malls to be empty so everyone can have a day off. I'm usually home alone because everybody else is at the mall.
Our former store manager used to get up at meetings and tell us, "Kmart is open on Thanksgiving. If you would like to work someday on Thanksgiving, then go shopping there on Thanksgiving". If you want to have the day off, stay home and enjoy your family and the food.
I loved him
Old 02-06-2008, 02:29 PM   #650
ONE
love, blood, life

This is the view out a window ^ I am a mile away from the store.

The airport just closed the runways

I am off today so this isn't about me having a day off...........I already had off. I don't want my friends and co-workers driving in it because it is bad out there and some of them come in from very outlying areas.............a county away.
Old 02-06-2008, 03:34 PM   #651
arw
Blue Crack Addict

snowdays........

it's not doing anything here right now. But rumor has it that it's going to be in the negatives again by the weekend

I'm supposed to be cleaning my room right now and packing and all that crap but so far I haven't done anything.
Old 02-06-2008, 03:48 PM   #652
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Local Time: 09:35 AM
at all the bad weather

I'm glad the tornadoes are staying to the north of us (and hopefully away from Schmeg)
Old 02-06-2008, 05:09 PM   #653
arw
Blue Crack Addict

time to get ready for school. I am so lazy lately. The less I'm working the more I just want to sit around and do absolutely nothing. I don't even want to go to school because I don't want to sit in my car for a half hour
Old 02-06-2008, 05:22 PM   #654
ONE
love, blood, life

I haven't done a dang thing all day..............
Old 02-06-2008, 06:06 PM   #655
ONE
love, blood, life

airport closing and bus service suspended ..................how do people who take the bus get home from work?
Old 02-06-2008, 07:17 PM   #656
arw
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by shari schultz
airport closing and bus service suspended ..................how do people who take the bus get home from work?

I would imagine that most bus riders have been home for a long time already. They either took the day off or left early.

I'm not sure if I could handle what you're experiencing right now. The next week and a half needs to just remain as is for weather.
Old 02-06-2008, 08:37 PM   #657
Rock n' Roll Doggie

everything here covered with a layer of ice. The salt trucks are keeping up but the temps are going down. Looks like maybe a half inch by morning. If so there goes the trees and the power lines. Yay
Old 02-06-2008, 09:08 PM   #658
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Watching Ghosthunters International. The team is in Romania, they go to meet their Romanian guide, the guy steps up and says, "Hi, my name is Chip."

Ah yes, that common Romanian name . . . Chip.
Old 02-06-2008, 09:28 PM   #659
Blue Crack Addict

I am 100% sure that the entire state of Indiana would shut down if we got as much snow as Wisconsin is right now. I drove through a flurry tonight...going 40 mph on the highway. The schools had a 2-hour delay this morning because of rain. Indianians can handle tornadoes, but anything else is the end of the world.
Old 02-06-2008, 09:30 PM   #660
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by kellyahern
at all the bad weather

I'm glad the tornadoes are staying to the north of us (and hopefully away from Schmeg)
We got lucky this week. The county got a little trigger-happy with the sirens. Apparently it's county protocol to set them off when there's a severe thunderstorm warning and a tornado watch at the same time.

We got REALLY lucky considering what happened in Tennessee and Alabama.