Walking in A Randooomdumdooomdoooom Wonderland & Into 2008 - Page 38 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-29-2008, 08:12 PM   #556
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:47 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Schmeg
It's Official: Running for the basement is not fun. Especially when you don't really have a basement, just a garage with a car.

The good news is...the news is reporting power outages in my neighborhood...probably a little closer to where a tornado was reported, which is like six blocks east.
too close for comfort a garage with a car glad it was 6 blocks east of you but sorry that it was at all.............
Had a customer come in yesterday wanting to purchase some cookware for her son whose house was destroyed by the tornado in Wheatland earlier this month.................tornadoes in January actually tornadoes, period

it is a delightful 20 degrees now here and a 3 degree wind chill

Old 01-29-2008, 08:13 PM   #557
ONE
love, blood, life

I'm sorry, don't mean to laugh but ""There's leaves in my yard."
~Shae from Hendricks County"

Old 01-29-2008, 08:15 PM   #558
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:47 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by shari schultz

too close for comfort a garage with a car glad it was 6 blocks east of you but sorry that it was at all.............
Had a customer come in yesterday wanting to purchase some cookware for her son whose house was destroyed by the tornado in Wheatland earlier this month.................tornadoes in January actually tornadoes, period

it is a delightful 20 degrees now here and a 3 degree wind chill
It's a large 6 blocks with a river in there somewhere, but when they said "Meridian Hills" on the news I was heading for the hills. Or the valleys. Or the garage...Anyway, for someone who gets nervous when they test the tornado sirens every Friday at 11 am, that was not fun. I miss 3 days of hurricane watches before you run for the basement!
Old 01-29-2008, 08:18 PM   #559
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by shari schultz
I'm sorry, don't mean to laugh but ""There's leaves in my yard."
~Shae from Hendricks County"
That was when I knew it was definitely over, when they're taking random, farmland-area callers on the news.

Now they're talking about all the fast food signs that have blown over in Muncie. Wendy's and Taco Bell 's signs on State Road 30-something have blown over!!

I just got a report that it blew in a window at the airport, from a live witness! He called me, though, not the news.
Old 01-29-2008, 08:21 PM   #560
Blue Crack Addict

The anchor just got up to walk around the studio and when they cut from the radar to his seat he had to jump back into it and explain why he wasn't there.

/play-by-play
Old 01-29-2008, 08:27 PM   #561
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Schmeg

That was when I knew it was definitely over, when they're taking random, farmland-area callers on the news.

Now they're talking about all the fast food signs that have blown over in Muncie. Wendy's and Taco Bell 's signs on State Road 30-something have blown over!!

I just got a report that it blew in a window at the airport, from a live witness! He called me, though, not the news.
He should call the news!
Old 01-29-2008, 08:29 PM   #562
Blue Crack Addict

The Wild Weather Night Cast is over. He lost his chance.

But I guess that means I can blow out the candles and get my radio, coat, and purse out of my car.
Old 01-30-2008, 01:05 AM   #563
arw
Blue Crack Addict

it's -13 right now and at some point tonight it's going to be -40 below zero windchill I'm so glad this Winter is sending me off to the hot Arizona desert with such a bang. There was NOTHING last year. No cold, no snow, nothing.

I had a no good horrible day today. My hours were cut for next week at WM so this Friday is my last day, although I did the proper thing and put in a 2+ weeks notice last week. I was so mad on top of the fact that the normal cashier called in sick today so I was stuck at the registers ringing up rich people with too much money all damn day. Anyways....later in the day the manager that does the schedule finally emerged from her hole she hides in all day to ask me if I was excited to move, be done with school, and leave WM. I told her no and she totally screwed me over $$$ wise for my first few weeks in AZ until I get paid from the resort. She had a look of fear on her face and then said someone else also quit last week but request Feb 1st as their last day. She said she must have read my letter wrong So now she's going to look into it tomorrow to see if she can give me hours. I'm not holding my breath but it would be nice if she could, especially since her boss promised me hours until Feb 8.

School also started off on a bad note tonight but then about 9:00, right when I was ready to run out of there screaming for the night, one of the culinary Chefs said his class prepared a huge buffet and to come down in 30 minutes. He wasn't kidding when he said huge! Tons of salads with freshly made dressings, fruits, garlic mashed potatoes, hot veggies, breads, pizzas, fresh squeezed lemonade, and of course meats but I didn't bother to go near that table. It was just what we all needed. I think it's the best food I've had in weeks.

Then I came home to a much needed sight........I FINALLY got the email from my loan company that my $ has been sent to my school. That means I'll finally be able to get my stipend that I live off of. The stuff I make at my two tiny jobs is mainly gas and food money so it's been a long 2 months since my last check.

/ARW journal entry for the day. It was a rotten day and I'm glad it's over.
Old 01-30-2008, 01:25 AM   #564
arw
Blue Crack Addict

this is not my dad's doing as it usually is........IT'S FREEEEEEEEEEEEEZING IN MY ROOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The heat is actually on full blast. I don't think I've ever seen it up this high before. It's comfortable in my bathroom but absolutely horrid in my bedroom. I think 2 layers of pj's tonight and a few extra blankets might help.
Old 01-30-2008, 10:30 AM   #565
arw
Blue Crack Addict

LE called and told me not to come in today!!!!!!!!!! I desperately need the extra money though. I didn't sleep at all last night, too cold, so not having to stand in an empty store all day is a good thing. They said with the cold weather, it was so dead yesterday, and there's no stock right now so there's nothing to do. So they think it will be even worse today.
Old 01-30-2008, 10:32 AM   #566
arw
Blue Crack Addict

my computer is doing that thing again where is says my internet service is unavailable Obviously the other computer in the house doesn't agree, thankfully.
Old 01-30-2008, 12:15 PM   #567
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by arw9797
it's -13 right now and at some point tonight it's going to be -40 below zero windchill I'm so glad this Winter is sending me off to the hot Arizona desert with such a bang. There was NOTHING last year. No cold, no snow, nothing.

I had a no good horrible day today. My hours were cut for next week at WM so this Friday is my last day, although I did the proper thing and put in a 2+ weeks notice last week. I was so mad on top of the fact that the normal cashier called in sick today so I was stuck at the registers ringing up rich people with too much money all damn day. Anyways....later in the day the manager that does the schedule finally emerged from her hole she hides in all day to ask me if I was excited to move, be done with school, and leave WM. I told her no and she totally screwed me over $$$ wise for my first few weeks in AZ until I get paid from the resort. She had a look of fear on her face and then said someone else also quit last week but request Feb 1st as their last day. She said she must have read my letter wrong So now she's going to look into it tomorrow to see if she can give me hours. I'm not holding my breath but it would be nice if she could, especially since her boss promised me hours until Feb 8.

School also started off on a bad note tonight but then about 9:00, right when I was ready to run out of there screaming for the night, one of the culinary Chefs said his class prepared a huge buffet and to come down in 30 minutes. He wasn't kidding when he said huge! Tons of salads with freshly made dressings, fruits, garlic mashed potatoes, hot veggies, breads, pizzas, fresh squeezed lemonade, and of course meats but I didn't bother to go near that table. It was just what we all needed. I think it's the best food I've had in weeks.

Then I came home to a much needed sight........I FINALLY got the email from my loan company that my $ has been sent to my school. That means I'll finally be able to get my stipend that I live off of. The stuff I make at my two tiny jobs is mainly gas and food money so it's been a long 2 months since my last check.

/ARW journal entry for the day. It was a rotten day and I'm glad it's over.
buffet and loan coming through were a good way to end yesterday. They are cutting hours and minutes wherever they can by us. We are supposed to recover till 9:30 and that hasn't been happening. Problem is that I have been promised my hours and I am gonna get them so I will come in early on days that I am scheduled till closing. Love this time of year
Old 01-30-2008, 03:38 PM   #568
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

They actually closed MICHIGAN today north of Cadillac.

Of course I still had to go into work.
Old 01-30-2008, 06:41 PM   #569
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here

Minnesota just made NBC news . . . -38.

How do you guys deal with that? I can't even comprehend that kind of cold.
Old 01-30-2008, 07:19 PM   #570
arw
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by kellyahern

Minnesota just made NBC news . . . -38.

How do you guys deal with that? I can't even comprehend that kind of cold.
that's probably in northern MN. It's only -8 right now in the Twin Cities! Nice and warm We usually shut down if it gets colder than -25ish.

You get used to it that's all I can say. It's not always this cold every winter. You wear lots of layers, hats, mittens, warm boots, etc. We even have a winter carnival outside every year no matter how cold it is Some years an ice palace is built out on one of the lakes in St Paul. In 6 months from now it will literally be about 90 degrees if not 100 degrees warmer outside than it is right now.