Walking in A Randooomdumdooomdoooom Wonderland & Into 2008

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:| :| :|

I just went to the gas station. The hose was too short to reach my car but I didn't realize it until I let go. It flew out of my car and gas spilled everywhere! :scream: An entire $1.00 wasted :madspit: Plus, my new flip flops that I spent too much money on and have only worn 3 times, are now covered in gas. We washed them after I got home but I think they still smell like gas. :scream: :sad:

Kariann ~ the word blizzard makes me quake :crack:. I thought of you today when I heard about the storm. The conditions just sound delightful :happy: Stay warm and safe

arw ~ sorry about the gas and the shoes. I wish I had a way to get the gas scent out of the shoes other than maybe rinsing them and time

I have been watching When A Stranger Calls and was slightly freaked out over it. It was one of those movies I had seen parts of over the years but I had never seen the whole thing.

I am now moving onto Room 1408 with John Cusack.

We have a lake snow advisory tonight into tomorrow. This is not one of those times I like living near a lake..............Depending on where the snow bands come in it could be a inch to 6 or more inches of snow :(

shari schultz said:
Kariann ~ the word blizzard makes me quake :crack:. I thought of you today when I heard about the storm. The conditions just sound delightful :happy: Stay warm and safe

Apparently our lull is now over and the second and worse round is just beginning. :sigh: They just said that we could get up to 7 more inches tonight.

I got up early this morning to assess the weather situation only to find out that the mall where I work for Job 2 is only on a delay. A is on vacation so I had to call the mgr at our other location to let her know that there is no way that if I can even make it out of my driveway that I most likely would get stuck before even making it off my street. The snow on the street is up to the curb and up to my knees in my drive.

We officially have 15" according to the news reports. While it probably doesn't hold a candle to some other places but the last time we had this much snow or type of storm was in 87. That was the storm in April that took us 8 hours to drive from Cleveland to Columbus.

I'm thinking a nap might be in the works before going out to do some more shoveling.

I feel your pain. Has it stopped snowing?
Your co-worker picked a fabulous time for a vacation ~ a nice, snow free place?
Take it easy shoveling.............it gets done, when it gets done.

The sun is out :yippie: Just a couple of inches here :yippie: (sorry kariann, not rubbing it in, just happily relieved)

shari schultz said:
I feel your pain. Has it stopped snowing?
Your co-worker picked a fabulous time for a vacation ~ a nice, snow free place?
Take it easy shoveling.............it gets done, when it gets done.

The snow has slowed down some but we have blowing and drifting. I just finished round 3 of shoveling and have about a fourth of the drive to go. I figure it's best to go out and do a little bit at a time and I'm not concerned about getting to see the pavement....I just want to get it down to being able to get car out of the drive tomorrow.

I'm getting a little concerned about the huge drift of snow that is on top of the roof that covers the porch and entryway. 2 of my windows sit a foot above it and the drift peak is about a foot higher than the bottom of the window.

shari schultz said:
The sun is out :yippie: Just a couple of inches here :yippie: (sorry kariann, not rubbing it in, just happily relieved)

You deserve to be happy! There was about 10 seconds when the sun tried to shine when I was outside the last time.

It's been 20 years since we've had this much snow in a short period of time. When I was little we had a blizzard bad enough to have canceled school and close things for days. The had a piece on the news this morning that said they had to bring in the National Guard to help plow and move the snow from that storm. I remember that we had a huge drift in the back yard that was big enough that we dug it out to make an igloo and we had to shovel our way out of the house.

The snow has stopped and the sun is out! The total according to the National Weather Service is 20.5" which broke the record of 15" set in 1918. I debated on shoveling a bit more at the end of the drive but decided to get up early tomorrow and do it before I go to work in case a plow happens to come down the street. Of course the other side of the street is the one that the snow has been packed down from cars driving and not the side that I have to get out on. I also have a foot of snow on my car to clean off. :|

holy crap. 20.5"

I just saw your part of the state on the news :crack: Yes, plows are a wonderful creation but also frustrating. We live on a curve and that is where all the snow "catches" from the whole street. Yes, my snow isn't enough. I need the neighbor's snow too.
Plus the extra added bonus of having the sidewalk on our side. Wheeeeeeeeee :|

Cabin fever :crack: Happy escaping tomorrow!

I think I was able to handle the weather in MN the past few months because I knew I was escaping it. I don't think I would be coping well right now if I had to deal with a mountain of snow or even cold. :yikes:

i got a new phone tonight. I was pleasantly surprised to find that t mobile now gives deals to long time customers. I've always been treated like I don't count now that I'm a customer when it came time for upgrades. I had a choice between a free phone or paying $20 for a newer razr like phone. It was a motorola phone but a little narrower and chunkier than the razr. I ended up getting one that was free and has an mp3 player. I'm not sure I'm 100% sure this is the phone for me. I think I would have rather spent the additional $20 for the other phone. That one had the same menu and a lot of the same features plus new ones that I had on my old phone. The phone I ended up with is totally new and I'm having a hard time with the menus. I really hate change when it comes to phones. :scream: I have 14 days to play around with it. If I don't like it then I'll go back and get the other one.

so I think the new phone is going back for the other one that I wanted. I'll have to pay $20 but I'd rather have that one. This one is supposed to be all high tech but either I'm stupid and it has too many options or it's just really not all that because I feel more limited now than I did before.

The snow is already starting to melt...the only good thing about getting it this time of year. It will be days before our street is close to being clear though. When I went to clean off the car this morning I had to clean all 20 inches off of it.

my Chef gave me the ok to go home for graduation. I was worried he wouldn't give it to me. Graduation is the last weekend of Passover. Apparently that's the busiest week of the season for them so he thought it was going to be a problem letting me have it off. :sad: I would be so upset if I couldn't go. But anyways, today he said yes of course I should go to my graduation.....so I'm going. The flights are pretty reasonable right now too. I'm just going for 48 hours and will only miss 2 days of work but I'll get to see my family and graduate so that will be money well spent.

:applaud: ^ I can't imagine he would have wanted you to miss your graduation

How are the shoes? Still smelly?

shari schultz said:
:applaud: ^ I can't imagine he would have wanted you to miss your graduation

How are the shoes? Still smelly?

they're ok but the pant I had on, just a pair of workout pants, took 3 washings to get the gas smell out. :yuck:

~sending positve vibes, sending postive vibes~ Good luck kelly! I haven't seen you around here and this prolly explains why.

I see we have a "newbie" in randoom :wink:, hello Pop Bono

I am off for 5 days! I am off for 5 days :yippie: !!!!!!!!
Gaelic Storm and Bruuuuuce weekend :yippie::yippie:
yes I am a little happy and excited :D!!!!!!!

I can't believe that Pop Bono only has 13 posts in 4 years. :tsk:

We went to an Irish pub tonight and then an English one. Lots O'Guinness tonigtht. So ARW is quite drunk right now. time to pass out.............................I'm going to take the pup for a walk tomorrow am. She did so good with me this morning. then I'm going to wander around the desert for a few hours. It's an enclosed park with no doggies aloud otherwise I'd take her with. Since it's a park, I feel a lot safer wandering around alone vs the open places where dogs are aloud and any old creepo could be wandering around alone looking for trouble. :yikes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom