Walking in A Randooomdumdooomdoooom Wonderland & Into 2008

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally was able to catch U23D this weekend. I ended up going on my own because CF got confused about which weekend day I had off and my mom and I got into an argument. I might try to catch it one more time if I feel the need for an escape one evening after work.

Tomorrow I'm getting up early to go vote before work. I'm actually excited about going. :nerd: CF and I are even pondering on going to one of the events here in town after work tomorrow evening. We've wanted to try to go hear the candidates speak but every time they were in town it was always in the morning.

ok arw, you now have a Favre-less Packer team :)

Gotta say that I felt that the longer it took for him to decide the more I felt he was leaning towards retirement. Then when the "oops" retirement announcement popped up on the Packer website for a few minutes it confirmed that "he's gonna retire" feelings.
Today, the official announcement.
:sigh:

17 years without missing a game. One single game. Probably never going to see that again.

Favre tells Packers he's retiring
Agent says Favre wanted to play another year but felt Packers didn't want him
By TOM SILVERSTEIN
tsilverstein@journalsentinel.com
Posted: March 4, 2008
Brett Favre

Quarterback Brett Favre told Green Bay Packers coach Mike McCarthy Monday night that he was going to retire.

But his agent, James (Bus) Cook, told the Journal Sentinel this morning that he believes Favre wants to play another year and didn't get the sense that the Packers wanted him back all that badly.

"It's my opinion," Cook said of the Packers' lack of interest. "I know he wants to play one more year. I do not know much conversation there was (between Favre and the Packers) and I don't think anyone forced him to make that decision. But I don't know that anyone tried to talk him out of it."

Cook said that Favre feels physically and mentally capable of playing at least one more year.

"I think he wanted to play," Cook said. " I think he's still got it. He knows he's still got it. I think he felt he could play one more year. I don't know if they told him they really wanted him to play. That's just the feeling I got."

Cook was asked whether he thought Favre could be talked into returning: "I don't know," he said.

McCarthy said recently that he and general manager Ted Thompson sat down during the bye week of the playoffs and evaluated tape of Favre to determine whether he could still play. McCarthy said that they came to the conclusion that he was still able to play the game at a high level.

During the off-season, there were reports that Thompson had not done much to encourage Favre to return and that Favre's feeling was that the Packers weren't fired up about bringing him back. After reports surfaced of Favre's uneasiness about Thompson's lack of communication, Thompson told reporters at the combine that he called Favre to talk about the future.

Drama^

Ok. The Brett Favre retired blues have hit. It didn't take long :(
Just listening to local radio and people calling in from all across the USA...........e-mails from across the world.
:(

There is part of me that wants to :madwife: Ted Thompson

I just wish that Brett would hold a press conference and announce it himself instead of his brother and his agent.
I want to see it and hear it coming from Brett, himself.

The pick me up is that the new Bodean CD is out today.......it is getting good reviews :up:

I just heard the voicemail left for Mortenson.................
I have now heard it officially.

I purposely have not flipped on the tv because I knew I would "lose it". Just turned ESPN on and they re-ran the story from when Brett lost his father and went on to have an amazing game..........I think that, yes that, not the Superbowl victory is my favorite game. Superbowl victory is second.

:( I like Favre. The Packers won't look like the Packers without him.

We are getting freezing slush right now. :angry: WTF, weather?? It was 67 on Sunday, and I tonight had to cancel my dinner plans so I didn't slide into a ditch on the way home!

A little plow just went around the complex. That will probably be the only plow I see until next winter. :cute:

shari schultz said:
ok arw, you now have a Favre-less Packer team :)

Gotta say that I felt that the longer it took for him to decide the more I felt he was leaning towards retirement. Then when the "oops" retirement announcement popped up on the Packer website for a few minutes it confirmed that "he's gonna retire" feelings.
Today, the official announcement.
:sigh:

17 years without missing a game. One single game. Probably never going to see that again.

well I've always said I won't be happy about him retiring.......it's too fun to pick on him and the Pack. It won't be the same. The rivalry won't be the same without him. I'm actually really shocked that he retired now after the season he just had but I suppose it's better he goes out like this then to come back and have a winless season next year and then be "forced" to retire.

our work weeks are Friday thru Thursday. Everyone was required to work 6 days this week. We never get out of there on time so after tomorrow I will have work 53 hours this week. :crack: I'm off on Thursday :love: :drool:

yeah I got it last week. To be honest I haven't really needed to watch tv in my room at all so I feel like it's kind of a waste. But on the other hand, my sister's boyfriend is just finishing up an 8 day 12 hour a day shift at the hospital and will be off for 5 days now. My sister said when he's home he takes over the family room tv. So once that happens I'm sure I'll hide out in my room more.

I think I have to go to the airport tonight at midnight :crack: with my sister. The boyfriend's brother is coming in for the weekend and since he'll be at work, we're in charge of going to the airport. I haven't stayed up past 10 at the very latest since I moved here! :eek:

54 hours this week. The week starts over on Friday but I'm not sure what I'm scheduled next week. It's so fun there and I love the work so I'm more than ok with being scheduled more OT. If I work the same amount of hours next week then my check the following week will be double of what I would normally make. :drool: April is even busier than March so if this keeps up, I'll be making some good money despite the fact that I don't get paid all that much. Working an extra hour or two there is just no big deal at all like it is at other places I've worked. The time goes by so fast and it's so busy and constantly changing that it's time to go before I know it.

The sun came up this morning. Wasn't sure that was gonna happen after Brett announced his retirement.

The Packers without Brett is still unimaginable to me.........It just kind of blows my mind. All sorts of specials on local tv about him.......watching one now. He is in Green Bay tomorrow for his Press Conference...............I imagine the store will be dead tomorrow during it.

arw9797 said:
54 hours this week. The week starts over on Friday but I'm not sure what I'm scheduled next week. It's so fun there and I love the work so I'm more than ok with being scheduled more OT. If I work the same amount of hours next week then my check the following week will be double of what I would normally make. :drool: April is even busier than March so if this keeps up, I'll be making some good money despite the fact that I don't get paid all that much. Working an extra hour or two there is just no big deal at all like it is at other places I've worked. The time goes by so fast and it's so busy and constantly changing that it's time to go before I know it.

OT is so much easier when you are doing something you enjoy. Sounds like it's a great environment to be in!

Last night CF and I decided to go to Clinton Headquarters last night to partake in the post primary events and I have to say that being in the crowd there was worse than any of the crowds we endured on the floor for U2. I was amazed at the amount of cutting in front of and pushing that people did....and these were full fledged adults! We started out about 15 people deep on the left side and ended up being in the 2nd row right up front not from us moving up on our own but from maneuvering from people crowding in. After Hillary gave her speech I almost was able to shake her hand but some dude shoved right in front of me. :mad:

When the governor was speaking it seemed like he kept looking at me a few times and then when he came around shaking hands he shook the ones around me and kept looking my way and put his hand out to shake. I found it kind of weird and decided to be more interested in my camera.

All in all it was cool being there.

:drool: I'm making my favorite dinner and I can't wait to eat it. :drool: Trader Joe's Gorgonzola and Walnut Tortellini with Orange Vodka Sauce. :drool:

your pasta sounds better than mine ~ Spagetti (sp? my brain can't think of how to spell spagetti............that just does not look right )
I am about to eat and watch the Favre retirement press conference.........should = indigestion :happy:

oh and all I can say to my co-workers tomorrow is good luck! Advertising is screwed up (again with the :happy: smiley)..........I am off Friday and Saturday :up:................this will come back to bite me on the butt someday, though.

oh I am such a girly ~ just sitting here bawling my eyes out.
See Brett cry= watch me cry. :sad:

Just always thought that he would come back for "just one more year".

Seriously impressed with the man~ sitting there answering virtually the same question time after time after time.

Schmeg said:
:drool: I'm making my favorite dinner and I can't wait to eat it. :drool: Trader Joe's Gorgonzola and Walnut Tortellini with Orange Vodka Sauce. :drool:

:ohmy:

:drool: not sure about the tortellini part, though I'm sure I'd probably like it, but the orange vodka sauce sounds amazing. :love:

I mentioned the other day to my sister and her boyfriend that I wanted to make pizzas tonight but I wasn't in the mood to make the dough from scracth (get enough of that at work!) so today while he and his brother, who is just here for the weekend, were out and about, they bought pizza dough for me! :cute: I made veggie and pinneapple pizza for dinner. They were all surprised at how much they liked it without me. :rolleyes: I thought it was delicious!

shari schultz said:
oh I am such a girly ~ just sitting here bawling my eyes out.
See Brett cry= watch me cry. :sad:

Just always thought that he would come back for "just one more year".

Seriously impressed with the man~ sitting there answering virtually the same question time after time after time.

:hug:

I watched most of it online. I was shocked at how emotional he got right away. I must admit, I had a hard time watching it. I'm sad he won't be around anymore. Those 2 Sundays that our teams meet each year just aren't going to be the same at all.

arw9797 said:

:ohmy:

:drool: not sure about the tortellini part, though I'm sure I'd probably like it, but the orange vodka sauce sounds amazing. :love:

I mentioned the other day to my sister and her boyfriend that I wanted to make pizzas tonight but I wasn't in the mood to make the dough from scracth (get enough of that at work!) so today while he and his brother, who is just here for the weekend, were out and about, they bought pizza dough for me! :cute: I made veggie and pinneapple pizza for dinner. They were all surprised at how much they liked it without me. :rolleyes: I thought it was delicious!

SO good. Both of our dinners. ;) I personally think non-meat pizza toppings taste better anyway, that sounds really good!

Just looked at the pics you sent, arw.
Flowers, cactus and green grass!
Very nice pictures of you and your family....................#23 of your sis, mom and you :cute:
The resort looks beautiful.

One week til Gaelic Storm! Show is now SOLD OUT! Gonna be a blast :)

Listening to new Bodean cd. I like :heart:.
Breathe is definately dark, though.
Can't wait for summer and the trip up to Oshkosh to see them at the amphitheater again.

We are experiencing our worst winter storm in the past few years (which so far is nothing compared to the weather Shari has endured this winter) and they are using the term blizzard. We ended up leaving work early today. I'm hoping that job 2 would be called off tomorrow since I have to go in to open with A on vacation. It's just C and I scheduled and she is not the most reliable on a good so I could end up being there by myself alone all day.

I had to clean off my car FOUR times today. I was in the grocery for 15 minutes and it was covered again. Then I went to get gas to find out that the little door to get to my gas cap was frozen shut so I had to chip it open with my keys to get it open!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom