Walking in A Randooomdumdooomdoooom Wonderland & Into 2008

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
shari schultz said:
welcome to your weekend, arw.
Are you going to have the same schedule every week? Always the same 2 days off for your weekend?

I really don't mind working weekends *oddball*

Lily is cute :)
What makes Roxy goofy?

her 1st owner was very abusive towards her. She looks down when you go to pet her almost like she's afraid she's going to get hit. I've never seen a dog do that. She stays on her little snoozy with her piggy all the time and only will sit by my sister. It took over a year until she'd go near my sister's boyfriend. She'll sit with him now though. And unless she's desperate, she won't go outside until my sister gets home from work. She's really sweet and came up to all of us last week but you can tell she's afraid of a lot. She is terrified of my bedroom for whatever reason so I can't get her to go in there with me. She also refuses to go into the kitchen so her dishes are in the doorway on the kitchen. She never barks and never begs for food. The only dog thing I've seen her do is dig a hole and bury a bone and then dig it back up.

also, my mom kept saying that she never saw Roxy smile. I've only seen her do that once in the car the other night. We went to the grocery store and took her with but for most of the time, she's just laid down on the backseat instead of sticking her nose out the window like most dogs would. She did do the little smile when we got back in the car and started driving again.

this place is quiet lately........

It was so hot today. I drove to a mall in Tempe and then drove by Camelback moutain on my way home. I had to go that way anyways and it's not too far from where I live. I'm so happy that I can see all of that everyday but the second I got home this afternoon, I had a moment of wanting to go to my real home. I think it's because I had 2 days off and now I have go to go work again tomorrow. I hate the scheduling there. It comes out on Thursdays for the week. Our week starts on Friday so I have no idea when I work for the next 7 days and when I'll have off. :( I know it's early in my time here but some days I think I'll stay forever and I'd kill for my current place to offer me a job. Then other days....or just later on that same day, I think I'll be ready to go home the second my job is up here. :(

arw9797 said:
it's the weekend for me. I got up a 6:15 an my first thought was "oh shit, I'm dead..." I thought I had overslept for work. After I realized that was not the case I was really pissed that I was up so early. I've been wide awake since. I'm glad that I am up and hope I can go to bed early again tonight so the same thing happens tomorrow. I don't want to screw up my early morning routine. The cat is passed out next to me. She's so cute!

How do you like going to work that early? I didn't mind it too much when I worked those hours but I don't think I could go back to it after working in the evenings and normal day hours. Is it a normal 8 hour day?

Kariann said:

How do you like going to work that early? I didn't mind it too much when I worked those hours but I don't think I could go back to it after working in the evenings and normal day hours. Is it a normal 8 hour day?

it's an 8 1/2 hour day with a break somewhere after 6 hours into the day. We have to make sure certain things get done before going on break. The only plus about that is I can sneak a roll of some sort if I'm starving. We make tons of extra stuff.

I sent you a pm about your address but I can see you're not a premie anymore. Can you send it to my yahoo account? I'm having problems with aol right now.

arw9797 said:

it's an 8 1/2 hour day with a break somewhere after 6 hours into the day. We have to make sure certain things get done before going on break. The only plus about that is I can sneak a roll of some sort if I'm starving. We make tons of extra stuff.

I sent you a pm about your address but I can see you're not a premie anymore. Can you send it to my yahoo account? I'm having problems with aol right now.

Yeah I forgot to renew at some point so I'll email it to you.

my last post was almost an hour ago so that means I just spent/wasted 1 hour of my life on a health insurance website signing up. The BEST part of it all is they're going to call me within 4 days to chat about my application! :happy:

:|

I know they're going to be confused as hell about my mailing/billing address. Per my bank, I was to keep my MN address as is if this is just a temporary move. So anything I do with my bank account/cash card that requires a billing address and/or zip code, i need to say I still live in MN. I kept my actual mailing address my parent's house too but for something like health insurance, I need to use the AZ address. I'm covered through my school for the first 6 weeks if anything happens to me at work but after my official school time is over, then I don't have anything. It really sucks not having insurance. I need to find a place to work that I can be covered. If I get hired full time at the resort then I'll be covered but right now they can't give me any benefits. :sad:

^me too :grumpy:
I just got billed for a second time for a radiology visit........funny, the first go around has posted on my Mastercard.........don't think I am paying it twice.

I am the insurance company! [insert evil laugh]

I ran screaming from the building a little after 5 today. Crappy afternoon-o-rama! :happy: But now it's the weekend and it's not 8 degrees out! :hyper:

the insurance co called today 2 times. The 2nd time I answered and asked them to call me back AFTER 4 like I stated on my online app. The girl sounded pissed. :shrug: I was on break in the busy cafeteria on in no mood to discuss my personal life on the phone.

Lily and I hd a falling out and are currently not speaking :| She was all snuggled up next o me on my bed when I bumped one of her back paws with my hand. She nipped pretty hard and tried to do it again. I threw her out of my room. She begged and begged for a little treat in the kitchen a few minutes later and I ignored her instead of giving in like I normally do. Now she's scratching outside my door but she's not coming in. :tsk:

I love reading my posts and emails now. Damn laptop! This is changing my mind on getting one vs a new desktop. It's nice to move the computer around from room to room but I can't type on it without errors. :mad:

^randoooom drama :ohmy:

From my past experience, cats are capable of revenge.........watch out

It is supposed to be 44 on Sunday :yippie: I don't care if it rains.......it is supposed to be 44 :yippie:

Got a e-mail from Gaelic Storm today............FLASH photography is encouraged
Gaelic Storm WANTS you to FLASH at their shows!!
Please Bring Your Camera For "Me & The Moon"

For those of you who've seen GS in the past year, you know that the whole crowd sings the chorus of "Me and The Moon" ... Patrick/Peter's side of the audience sings "I BROUGHT THE WHISKEY" and Twigger/Jessie's side of the audience sings "... HE BROUGHT THE LIGHT!" while holding up their lighted cell phones - which looks awesome.

However, the band would now like to see tons of camera flashes from the audience instead of phones - It looks absolutely phenomenal!

So, PLEASE, flash photography is allowed and encouraged ... help BRING THE LIGHT for "Me and The Moon" and it will be spectacular!
15 days :drool:

Don't think I will ever be eating at a Texas Roadhouse again...........they are now in the guilt by association category in my world :crack:

Trust me you do not (NOT) want details

she's already tried to get back on my good side but I'm going to ignore her for a while, especially since my allergies are really bad and I've only been home for 2 hours. I'm sure I'll be nice and plugged up by the time I go to bed.

I want to see Gaelic Storm sooooooooooo bad. :scream:

I want to go out tonight. I need a break from the routine of doing NOTHING once my sister gets home. :hmm: I wonder if she'll go out to dinner tonight.

I am mildly excited about the photography thing..........the show is being held at the Pabst Theater here..............I love :love: that theater and will now have pictures of it :up: (and Gaelic Storm in a dry venue and not a raving rainstorm)

Hopefully your sister will want to go out :)

well not exactly my idea of a night out but we drove to Super Target. :love: I found the fake chicken that I like. I've been on a mad mission since I arrived into town to find it. I've found Morning Star Farms stuff all over the place but not the flavor I like. Leave it to Super Target to carry it all :heart: :love: We also bought a new bathmat :|

I have crashed from my skating high and I would rather have stayed in bed today. :yawn: I blame two, yes TWO, dodgeball games last night...Two of our guys play on another team, and we played each other last night. The other team won, so we all joined them for the first-round playoff game and weren't completely blown out by the muscle-head team.

my sister's boyfriend's family is here right now. They live about an hour to two hours away and just came by for the afternoon. They're nice but I'm ready for them to leave :happy: Also, my sister and I are going to dinner tonight and I'm in need of a cocktail so they're slowing down the process. He has to work tonight at the hospital so they're probably waiting until he leaves in a hour to leave too.

Schmeg said:
I am the insurance company! [insert evil laugh]

That's okay, so is my mother. I tell her she works for the evil empire :wink:

Kerry and I spent the weekend at Disney, since the rest of March is going to suck at work :reject: , I thought it was a good time to get away.

They had the ESPN sports weekend at the Disney/MGM park. Adam Vinateri is very easy on the eyes :drool: , but he's not very good at sports trivia :lol: (he was one of the athletes on the "Stump the Schwab" show). Martina Navritalova was good though, even though she didn't win.

We saw some other shows, but aside from the two guys who host NFL Live, I didn't recognize anyone. Fun weekend though :)

Last edited:
Good evening Randooomers :wave:

How is everyone doing ???

Mr fah and I went to a school auction/benefit/dance last night ~ I find myself exhausted today.

The theme was Mexico ~ it couldn't have been all the Coronas could it :shifty:

:wave:

Can't wait to be off tomorrow.........I am sick of doing floor moves!

Gotta get ready for work and head out into the slushy mess :yuck:

I survived today's floor move.

You know what we get to do next week? The floor move for the other part of the floor *whimper*

Off tomorrow and beer tonight.

not to mention the joy that was being in the middle of my manager and the visual manager today........
oh joy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom