Walking in A Randooomdumdooomdoooom Wonderland & Into 2008

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:drool: :drool: :drool:

I went to Target today to buy yet another usb memory stick to backup some files. I have a tiny one and also a 1GB. The tiny one is from school that I used for all of my assignments and resume stuff. The larger one is for all of my pictures. Unfortunately it only holds about 1/4 of what I thought I'd be able to get on it. Target was totally out of anything in my price range for a 2GB so I went to Office Depot down the street. They had a 4GB by Memorex for $30! :drool: The guy at the store helping me said that just recently went way down in price. So I got double of what I wanted for the same price as I could have gotten at Target. Now I have more room than I know what to do with! :der: I'll be able to bring everything important with me now except for iTunes :scream: I'm ok with that, really. I think. :scream: I'm still not sure how I'll get my iPod and iTunes account onto a new mac from an old hp. Can't deal with that one now anyways.

But yes.....happy morning at the Office Depot for ARW. I love saving thing without getting a message saying my memory stick is full :love:

ok so now here comes the real big decision.......do I take my Minnesota Wild Dancing Snoopy figurine or do I leave it on top of my TV where it's safe and sound? It's the only Snoopy thing I did not pack away last year when I moved. It's my absolute favorite Snoopy because he's in a MN sports uniform plus it came to me in a very unusual way. A family member that I really feel like I don't know all that well, and I would never think they'd know about my Snoopy collection, bought it for me on a trip to Northern MN for no reason other than she knew I was a huge Snoopy fan and thought I was a huge Wild fan...Vikings not Wild but still.........:drool:

So :crack: (I'm avoiding cleaning so it's time for long rambling posts) do I take it or leave it? I'm 33 and I still feel like I need to have Snoopy around me. There's something wrong with that, yes? :reject: Maybe I'll leave it. I'd die if it broke along the way.

OK that's solved.......for now.

I have one box, the kind that office paper comes in so not too big or small, that's filled with all of my U2 dvd's, some of my other favorite dvd's, U2 by U2, pictures of the family and some of my travels, and a few other books that I'll never read but would like to one day. I also have my portable dvd player, a small cd player, 2 small fans, and a laundry basket filled with sheets, blankets and towels. That's all I really have besides clothes and culinary tools. I feel like I should be taking more. My sister thinks I'm crazy to take so much because I can use whatever I want of hers but my mom thinks I'm not taking enough. :scream:

:crazy: :crack: I just cleaned out my backpack for the first time since I bought it last summer. :yikes: No wonder I could never fit anything in it :der: I found a lot of missing items. I also found some graded assignments from July. What a mess! I also found about 4 towels, 1 apron, a hat and a cravat (the blue scarf).

So how'd the cleaning go? ^

I would say take a Snoopy or 2 (or 3 or 4), not the favorite one, though. Nothing wrong with wanting Snoopy around you, nothing at all.

I have Boyds Bears by the ton. I collect them.............it is nice that they are plush, though..............no breakage. I like to have them around me. Comfort.

:sigh: It is a large outdoor skating pond here. Snow not so much this time (up to 3 inches, thank goodness), but it is so icy (state dept of transportation: "Stay off the roads if you can, do not go out).
Flooding here too. :down: The creek is becoming a river. Gotta get ready for work now...............I have a headache if anyone wants it.................it is free to the the person who takes it away.

BAM! $100 spent in 3.4 seconds.............migraine meds ordered.........so expensive for 9 little pills :sad:

arw9797 said:
:crazy: :crack: I just cleaned out my backpack for the first time since I bought it last summer. :yikes: No wonder I could never fit anything in it :der: I found a lot of missing items. I also found some graded assignments from July. What a mess! I also found about 4 towels, 1 apron, a hat and a cravat (the blue scarf).
You said July :drool: :combust:

I just woke up from a nap. I should have been using that time to clean. I'm telling myself that it is a good idea to go into another crazy busy week well rested.

I just ordered a new pair of black flats to replace the ones that are almost ready to be retired. I've been going through all of my clothes and getting rid of anything haven't worn on the last year. Even when I can't wear those shoes anymore I think I'll end up keeping them since they've been everywhere I've gone.

A voice from beyond

:lmao:

The phone rang just as I was checking out my broken leg forum (yes, I belong to a broken leg forum for support and information; I'm a geek :nerd: ) and there was a pause.......................a man began to speak and he didn't ennunciate too well:
"I'm Don Ho..............." ( I freaked a bit). I then actually said to the voice, "You're dead, but thanks for the use of the chair"...............Once I stopped freaking out (and considering calling Ghost Hunters) I listened to the voice ....................it was a campaign recording for a man named Don Holt who is running for a office in the area................the man needs to learn to ennunciate.
Oh my god.............I thought I was losing it for a bit. :lmao:
The migraine meds are making me lose it. I need to sleep.

Last edited:
More snow for WI??

Semi-solo went well, considering we practiced for 20 minutes after the club session and then had a 5-minute warmup before the show. I was instructed by another coach not to kill my impromptu partner because we need him. My kids were all thrilled to watch me skate, although after the first dance they demanded, "Why was it so SHORT?" It's not my fault three patterns of the Kilian lasts 32 seconds. :cute: They all did a great job and my synchro girls performed better than they ever practiced. They even quickly repaired a broken circle without panicking and were SO proud of themselves after!

:wave: bye everyone! I'll see you from Phoenix!!!!!!!! Hopefully I'll be able to get online tomorrow at some point :yikes: I'm not so sure I'll be able to stay away too long.......

schmeg~ yes, a little more snow here...........LOTS to the north and west of us.........*whew* we missed the brunt of it. We have ice and it is snowing now. Snow on top of ice hiding it :happy: ='s canceled Dr. appt.
:applaud: on the semi-solo

arw ~ Have a safe trip down! You are going to be great in your new position :up::yes:

Amanda, you are well on your way now but I hope you're having a good trip toward the future!

1. I am sick of answering the phone and having a recorded voice tell me to vote for them/someone.
2. BoDeans streaming online in studio on a local college station.............new cd coming out (Still)...................song -Everyday :up: New cd produced by T-Bone Burnett, again with the :up:

Can I post an "I hate" too?

I hate when customers call, and I ask them a question, and their response is 'do what'. :|
Me: Which creditcard do you want to use?
Customer: Do what?

Me: What would you like to order? What size shirt do you need

:mad:

Lila64 said:
Can I post an "I hate" too?

I hate when customers call, and I ask them a question, and their response is 'do what'. :|
Me: Which creditcard do you want to use?

Me: What would you like to order? What size shirt do you need

:mad:

:scream: One of the worst phrases added to the English language. It's as much a staple as "like" is in my neighborhood. I want to strangle people who say it, but I can't decide if it's worse than "I seen" or when people type "could of" or "should of."

:crack:

I apologize for the hugeness of this picture, but I am so proud of these kids I must share.

DSC01767.jpg

My synchro girls at the transition from the 3-spoke wheel to the straight wheel. The girl on the end came from the center and will attach to the end. They were better than I hoped they'd be. :D

:applaud: for the skating gals

I hope you feel better, kelly

Oatmeal :crack: I know it is good for me, but :yuck: I am just not a fan of it.

I'm here! I had a rocky start to my day yesterday.....flight was delayed, plane had to be de-iced, then fixed, then de-iced again. I had a nice nap on the plane while all of this took place and it really worked out for the best because my sister was supposed to arrive 2 hours after me. I spent those 2 hours on a plane sleeping instead of at the Phoenix airport. We went to my resort :faint: then to Target and the grocery store. I was in bed by 9! :der: I'm about to call my Chef now :yikes: and then drive out there alone in my sister's truck :eek:

my sister has had me freaked out about driving around for weeks now. She's directionally challenged, I am not. Driving was a breeze. I even found a little mall on my way back that has all of my hot spots.....World Market, Trader Joes, Ulta, Marshalls, Michaels and a wells fargo cash machine :drool:

Anyways........met with HR for a bit and did the required paperwork. For some reason my food handlers safety certificate does not work in AZ. They told me today everyone from every other state comes in with the same one I have but they can't take it :mad: So not only do I have to go pee in a cup this afternoon, but I have to go to study for a test (they gave me a packet to study) and then I have to take the test and PAY for my certificate :angry: Oh well....

Then I was fitted for my uniform. It's the exact same brand I wore for school bu thankfully they have women's sizes so I don't have to wear the gigantic men's coat.

Then I met with my Chef and he showed me around. I get the impression from him that he's had a lot of bad employees that don't want to come to work so he focus'es on telling me that sort of stuff everytime I speak to him. This morning was no exception. I start on Thursday. at 6 AM :yikes:

The kitchen is big but it's also a lot smaller than I thought. Actually it's probably no bigger than the kitchens at school but just a different set up.

It's very hard to type on a laptop :scream:

My mom and brother drove for 15 hours yesterday :eek: They hope to get here by late tonight. My dad will be in late tomorrow night so probably won't get to spend too much time with them this weekend unless I work the 6 AM shift.

Well....off to study and then pee in a cup........

Oh and it's HOT here! I think it's in the lo 60's and I'm boiling (Sorry Shari :hug: ) I'm kind of in culture shock that no one is wearing jackets and boots!

drug test taken....

food handlers test taken and passed :D

after that I decided to go back up to where the resort is just to drive around and go to Trader Joes. I'm sooooooooo frustrated....so far 2 grocery stores and TJ's DO NOT have the Morning Star farms fake chicken I like. :scream: There's 3 kinds that I really like and I can only find 1 :rant: Super Target is my only hope at this point. :( I'll have to get my sister to show me how to get there.

my sister's dog and cat are freaking out because I'm in her spot on the couch on her computer. They're both so confused right now. The cat just stares and the dog keeps circling the room.

Hey arw :wave:
I always love how apologetic pilots are about the de-icing..............I personally prefer as much de-icing as possible.
So the place is worthy of a :faint: smiley....:hyper:
Sounds like things are going well ~finding the places to shop, meeting your boss, getting certified in safe food handling.
15 hours of driving by your brother and mother :yikes: Hope you are able to spend some time with your whole family
I have typed on a friend's laptop and find it difficult........I like the convenience of laptops but prefer the cofort of desktop. Don't know what kind of computer I would buy next :shrug:

I'll be thinking of you on Thursday (maybe not at6 am, though :wink:) and sending good thoughts :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom