Walking in A Randooomdumdooomdoooom Wonderland & Into 2008

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hilary using Streets = :crack:
Obama using City of Blinding Lights = :up:

Don't know why, but it bugged me to hear Streets being used in a campaign.

shari schultz said:
MakeitSTOP019.jpg

Yes, folks, it is snowing :happy:

MakeitSTOP023.jpg

^yes, I have written make it stop in the snow? Ya think it will work?
MakeitSTOP026.jpg

Me :D ~ Lovin' every minute of it

:cute:

shari schultz said:

Oooooooooooooooo!
I can see the temptation. Just make sure it has everything you want/need, if you do succumb. Price is not everything..........it is a lot of it, but not everything.

I know....I believe it does have everything I want, which is just a standard mac without any fancy bells and whistles other than a dvd burner.

I need to figure out how much I am getting paid a month from my new job. After my first paycheck I'll be able to determine if I can do this.

:hyper: tomorrow is my very last day ever at LE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drool: I'm going to be bad and where a shirt that's not on the approved list of things to wear :drool: :rebel: It's from the store but it's not allowed because it's too casual. :der: I've always said if they sell it, we should be able to wear it. :madwife: I'm also leaving early. There's no way I'm working the entire day there tomorrow. I'm too anxious about next week to stand in one spot for 7 hours. :barf:

cool, arw the rebel :up:

What are the long term employment prospects of a pastry chef ? Do you plan on being somewhere for, like...... years?

Congrats on moving on & good luck!

depends on the place. A lot of Chefs stay put for years, just like any other industry. But most new Chefs in general move around a lot the first few years to gain as much experience as possible. I don't think I'd want to find a place and stay there for a long time. I'd get bored. My long term goal is to work in the field for a few years, hopefully in the resort industry, and then find a culinary school to teach baking and pastry.

Sounds like a good plan.
Figure out how to make really good low fat pastries :wink: I'll be your guinea pig

Phoenix sounds like a good place to start, with all their golf & resort hotels.

:drool: they asked if I wanted to leave early today. I thought I'd have to put up a fight on my last day. :drool: And.......they also got a letter from corporate for me, unrelated to my departure, that I just became elibible for 4 hours of personal time for my work in 2007. So I'll get paid a whole $36.00 extra next week :love:

Nap time! :D

^unexpected goodness :up:. So were you a rebel, out of dresscode? *smile of admiration :wink:*

Overhyping weather~ I wish :sigh:. Hey it is sunny here today............tomorrow it snows :sad: Back to the cleaning up and packing away of valentines stuff................yes, it is the day before, but I am off and have time to do it.
:wave:

We overhype snow here. The weather people are all, "Hey, youz guys seen what happened in Wisconsin? Yeah, we're getting that and MOREZ!!!!!111!" and then we get 1/2 an inch of slush. And the best part is...they STILL believe the weather man and my coworkers tell people on the phone we might not make it in the next day. :|

In other news...
*My dad is doing great and got out of the hospital Monday. He turns a youthful 58 tomorrow. Thanks again for all the good wishes.
*I am stressed out about the show my new skating club is putting on Saturday. The president does a lot of talking but not so much doing, and I'm hoping it's not going to be a disorganized mess, and I'm going to lend some very helpful suggestions from someone who skated for the 4th largest skating club in the US for most of the 90's which featured a world-class synchronized skating program. If WFS could do it with 400+ kids and 6 synchro teams, SISC can do it with 50+ kids and 1 basic skills team.
*I'm not buried in snow, but I'm tired of being cold. Spring now, please? :D

shari schultz said:
^unexpected goodness :up:. So were you a rebel, out of dresscode? *smile of admiration :wink:*

why yes I was! :drool: No one said anything....I knew they wouldn't. I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy to be out of there. :love:

:scream: I have to go to the dentist for a cleaning in about an hour. I'm just really not in the mood for someone to stick their plastic gloved hands in my mouth and start digging around with their annoying tools. :madwife: There's going to be a little rumble with my dentist however......he's going to lecture me on my refusal to get my cavity filled or x-rays done. If he wants to pay for them then by all means have at it but until I get real insurance again, a cleaning is all they're doing to my teeth. :mad:

I second the good news :up: about your father, Schmeg :) :yippie: It will be a really good birthday for him.

Congrats on escaping retail, arw. Enjoy the dentist ( :yikes: )

News on my front:
It is not snowing, right now
migraines suck
telephone didn't work this morning. Telephone company had to come and climb down the hill to get to the phone box.................in the deep snow. Phone is working now :up:
We seem to have missed the worst of the snow today. Storm is to the north :yippie: Only about 2 inches expected here.............BUT Saturday night = sleet ( I work). Sunday, Sunday night and Monday=(from the national weather service) THERE IS A POTENTIAL FOR A SIGNIFICANT SNOWSTORM TO AFFECT SOUTHEAST
WISCONSIN SUNDAY AND SUNDAY NIGHT. AT THIS TIME...THE STORM IS
EXPECTED TO HEAD FROM THE LOWER MISSISSIPPI VALLEY TOWARD
INDIANA...A FAVORABLE TRACK FOR PRODUCING HEAVY SNOW OVER PORTIONS
OF SOUTHEAST WISCONSIN. IF THE STORM FOLLOWS ITS PREDICTED
TRACK...THE SOUTHEAST QUARTER OF WISCONSIN COULD SEE 8 TO 10 INCHES
OF ACCUMULATION

When they announced that on the radio I did a dead on impression of Tom Hanks in Money Pit (the hysterical laughing part).

Oh and to completely top it off the movie listing reads like this:
"The new U2 3D opening date will be announced soon. Refunds or exchanges for tickets dated 2/15-2/21 can be obtained at the box office"..................................U2 kicked out of the theaters by an extended playing of Hannah Montana & Miley Cyrus :madwife:

:hug: shari :hug:

Twin Cities weather seems to be either frozen cold or snow. If it's the really awful cold then we're not getting snow. But when it's snowing, it's not as cold and doesn't stick around as long. Trust me, it's still super cold but the snow we got yesterday seems to be melting a little.

today was the last of my icky things on my list to do before leaving on Monday. Well saying goodbye to my friends and Chefs at school tomorrow is icky, it's at least part of my normal routine to be there. I've been on the go since Monday doing last minute crap for my move. Now all I have to do is finish cleaning up my room and bathroom and then say goodbye to everyone and everything :sad:

saying goodbye's :crack:
:hug:

Did you have to rumble with the dentist or was he understanding?

I am so sick of the weather. All we have done around here this winter is prepare for storm, hunker down, shovel, repeat.............this is getting so old :sigh:
At this rate, I don't know whether or not to look forward to Spring or to dread it :shrug:

I am putting this out there now.......
The weekend of March 14-17 is off limits for storms of any kind. I will have a life that weekend.

...NEXT WINTER STORM TO AFFECT SOUTHERN WISCONSIN ON SUNDAY...

A DEEP LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM CURRENTLY IN THE SOUTHWEST U.S. IS
EXPECTED TO MOVE ACROSS THE SOUTHERN PLAINS LATE FRIDAY AND
SATURDAY...AND THEN TREK NORTHEAST INTO INDIANA AND LOWER MICHIGAN
ON SUNDAY. THIS STORM TRACK WOULD FAVOR A BAND OF HEAVY SNOW
ACROSS PORTIONS OF SOUTHERN WISCONSIN BEGINNING LATE SATURDAY
NIGHT OR EARLY SUNDAY.

AT THIS TIME...THERE IS THE POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT SNOWFALL OF
6 TO 10 INCHES FALLING ACROSS PORTIONS OF SOUTHERN WISCONSIN WITH
THIS STORM. ( If this happens, I am considering calling Dexter and sending him out to find Mother Nature)

HOWEVER...THE EXACT TRACK OF THIS STORM IS STILL UNCERTAIN. IN
ADDITION...THE THERMAL PROFILE OF THE ATMOSPHERE MAY RESULT IN A
MIXTURE OF RAIN...SLEET AND SNOW IN PARTS OF SOUTHEAST
WISCONSIN...WHICH WOULD LOWER SNOW AMOUNTS. (inserting my opinion here in the form of a smiley :yippie: )

THERE IS NO REASON ANYONE SHOULD BE SURPRISED BY QUICK CHANGING
WINTER WEATHER CONDITIONS. IN MOST CASES...HEADS-UP WINTER
WEATHER INFORMATION IS READILY AVAILABLE IF YOU KNOW WHERE TO
OBTAIN IT. ONE LOCATION IS ON THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE WEB
SITE AT WWW.WEATHER.GOV/MILWAUKEE.

I love being scolded by the weather service

Last edited:
Page Not Found
The web page you have asked for cannot be found. This could be for several reasons. Perhaps you mistyped the URL, or a link to our website has been mistyped from another webpage. We apologize for the inconvenience.
:lmao: this is what you get if you click on the link...............

Off to move a bookcase now
ETA
Getting sick of wearing Tennis Shoes, bought these from Target for Spring/Summer :heart:. Hopefully I will be able to wear them for short periods of time.
51NW7VGwXuL__AA262_.jpg

Last edited:
shari schultz said:
saying goodbye's :crack:
:hug:

Did you have to rumble with the dentist or was he understanding?

I am so sick of the weather. All we have done around here this winter is prepare for storm, hunker down, shovel, repeat.............this is getting so old :sigh:
At this rate, I don't know whether or not to look forward to Spring or to dread it :shrug:

I am putting this out there now.......
The weekend of March 14-17 is off limits for storms of any kind. I will have a life that weekend.

you have a kick ass weekend for March 14-17......:uhoh: at least I think. Aren't you going to a bunch of concerts?

No rumble....he was understanding of my need to keep the cost down since we weren't sure if my insurance would work and what exactly it covers if it does work. I've gone to him for about 15 years, my whole family has, so he knows all about school. He was very excited to hear that I have a job in a warm state so he said given the circumstances he won't give me the lecture.....

I just finished my final project ever at school. :sad:

Someone else finished her's yesterday. My Chef tore her apart so I was really nervous to let him know I was done. I went to his little computer area where he was sitting and I told him I was finished and ready to be graded. He said "are you sure" with a strong :| face. I almost fainted. I asked him what that meant. He came over, we talked about my degree of difficulty and what exactly I made (pics in the journal this weekend). Then he said it was creative and good job. :sigh:

Everyone else is still working. We have til 10 tonight to finish it and a lot of people are stressing out that they won't get it done. I'm sooooooooo happy mine is done but I'm really sad. As I put the very last piece of pulled sugar on my display I had a "this is the last thing you'll ever do in the kitchen here :sad: " moment. :sigh:

Tomorrow is our written final and that's all folks. Culinary school is done and over. Weird.

I have to get up so early tomorrow so I can pack up my day, find my sister's boyfriend's brother's house :crack: so I can pick them up and the we're going to bring my grandpa lunch. Since there's a gigantic bridge in the river now on the way to the house, I have NO idea how to get there. I had a hard enough time finding the damn house before the bridge collapse.

I think I might just cry all day tomorrow. I'm so upset tomorrow is my last day in school :sad: :sad: :sad:

shari schultz said:

Oh and to completely top it off the movie listing reads like this:
"The new U2 3D opening date will be announced soon. Refunds or exchanges for tickets dated 2/15-2/21 can be obtained at the box office"..................................U2 kicked out of the theaters by an extended playing of Hannah Montana & Miley Cyrus :madwife:

My theater is doing the same thing. No U2 3D this weekend :madspit:

:hug: for arw9797

Glad your dad is doing well Schmeg :up:

Don't eat yellow snow shari :giggle:

Hi kelly :wave:

I've still only seen U23D once. I feel like a phailure(sic) as a fan :reject:

I received a call at 9:23 last night (probably at the same time I was taking a severe blow to the head by a Nerf dodgeball) that I am a guest semi-soloist in the skating show tonight. :yikes: Someone's dance partner got called into work for tonight and guess who is the only other one who knows any of the higher-level ice dances- me!

arw ~ :hug:
Congratulations on being done with school. :up: Have a good time on Saturday. :hug:

Good luck with the semi solo, schmeg!

I work tonight...............I work tomorrow. :noyippiesmiley:
Should be interesting. Expecting it to be insane today (and 2 of us) and slow tomorrow (3 of us) cuz of whatever the hell winter weather precipitation we get...........no one seems to agree. Whatever.

If it is miserable enough on Monday, I warned my Dr. office that I will be canceling the appt. Ah well gotta get ready for work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom