Walking in A Randooomdumdooomdoooom Wonderland & Into 2008

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:scream: UNCLE!!!!11 :scream:

no more snow! No More Snow! NO MORE SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!

WinterBeauty004.jpg

Last edited:
Groundhog Day :heart:
When I worked Tuesday night, the DJ on the radio, in a very sinister voice, said, "bring me the groundhog"

I woke up around 2:50 and WGN radio was chatting with a guy who got stuck behind, well this................

The Wisconsin National Guard was called in to assist more than 500 stranded motorists in Dane County on Wednesday night after near-blizzard conditions caused a 19-mile backup on I-90, authorities said.

Gov. Jim Doyle declared a state of emergency for Dane and Rock counties after semitrailer trucks became stuck on an icy incline in a westbound lane of I-90 east of Stoughton, said Capt. Lee McMenamin of the Wisconsin State Patrol........

..........Dane County sheriff's deputies used snowmobiles and all-terrain vehicles to check on motorists caught in the I-90 backup, McMenamin said.

The Wisconsin National Guard dispatched 15 Humvees and two 5-ton trucks to deliver rations, water and fuel to motorists waiting to get through the bottleneck, Guard spokesman Lt. Col. Tim Donovan said.

Forty Guard soldiers were staging at an armory in Madison, and two Black Hawk helicopters were being readied for possible search-and-rescue operations late Wednesday night, Donovan said.

An armory in Janesville also was being readied for use as a shelter for any motorists who might have to be transported from the area, he said.

Unreal. People were stuck for hours and hours and hours. Greyhound bus driver who was stuck was letting people board his bus to stay warm and to use the facilities.

Last edited:
:sad: :scream:

Oil change=$30
Transmission fluid and filter change=$160.00
Tire rotation=$26.95
Battery=$74.95 for installation only. No clue what the actual battery costs.

:sad: I miss the days when my dad was in charge of a service dept and could do all of the above for 1/4 of the cost....or do most of it himself on a quiet Saturday afternoon. :(

My budget for the car stuff was only $200.00. Looks like it will be almost double of that once I find out how much the battery will cost. :grumpy: Plus I have to get license tabs next week, pay my brother for my flight........:scream: :help:

:ohmy: my dad is not happy with the above costs so he's going to do some calling around for me this afternoon. :heart: connections....I have no problems paying for stuff but when things like installation for a battery is just as much, if not more, than the actual battery, it's pisses me off to no end. I just started to actually pay for oil changes this past year for the first time ever so I can't complain too much on what I've saved in my day but $75 for a battery install? Plus the transmission fluid and filter charge seems a bit ridiculous too. :madwife:

I have big piles of stuff in the family room and suitcases. I have no clue what to take with me on the plane and what can come a few days later in my car. What a mess :scream: Now I just have to finish my closet :barf:

Cleaning up here a little bit.........the sun came out for a little bit and I suddenly felt motivated to do something. Winter blahs are setting in.

One nice discovery on Netflix. The instant watch on Netflix has Murder By Death playing :up: how many times can I watch it? :shifty:

I've made tons of progress in my room, little by little. However......I've been on a mad mission this week to find the CD for my camera and it's still missing :scream: My sister is "unsure" if her computer will require the CD or if I can just stick my memery card in. My ancient computer required the CD to be loaded on it first but her's is new so I imagine I'll be ok without it. But ya never know.....:mad: I've only moved ONCE since I bought the camera. I've moved tons of times in the past few years and somehow managed to find everything else but this one thing. It should be on the top of my crap from my last move! :madwife:

Well if you end up needing the CD, perhaps you can find a website in which to download the information you need, such as from the manufacturer. That's what I do when I can't find the manuals and such, like for troubleshooting, etc.

^ what Lila said. Hopefully you will find it, though.
Congrats on the packing progress.

I am off for the next 2 days :up: My first weekend off in three weeks :yippie: No weekend customers :yippie: Although some did sneak out today to drive us buggy. It is also attack of cabin fever season...........everyone is feeling it.

I am gonna play with the Samsung s630 camera that we sell. I bought it and will take it back on Monday. So far it is fine for a very basic camera. "AA" batteries die quickly, though. Not great clarity on the LCD screen, either. Will have to see how the pictures turn out.

The image on lynnok's signature looks quite familar. :shifty:

It's been an exhausting week with another one like it possibly next week and maybe the one after that. The great thing today was getting some really fabulous feedback on the work we've done. A week ago we were ready to invest in wigs to cover up the patches of hair we ripped out in frustration!

Is that you/your groups handiwork in lynnok's signature?

Lynnok, why should we talk Croc's? To drive Redrocks crazy? He :love: Crocs :love: :shifty:

shari schultz said:
Is that you/your groups handiwork in lynnok's signature?

Lynnok, why should we talk Croc's? To drive Redrocks crazy? He :love: Crocs :love: :shifty:

:camera:

I cringe when I see new Crocs or Birkenstocks come in just for the fact that they come in millions of colors and it gets REALLY boring doing the same thing over and over.

Kariann said:

:camera:

I cringe when I see new Crocs or Birkenstocks come in just for the fact that they come in millions of colors and it gets REALLY boring doing the same thing over and over.
:applaud:

I do not get the appeal of Crocs.

Tomorrow is my aunt's baby shower. Should be fun, except I have to play chauffeur for my mother and my grandmother. And my sister, but I don't mind that. Having my mother and grandmother together while I'm driving should be an experience though :huh:

But, fingers crossed that everything goes well, it will be cool to have a baby cousin :). There's a big age difference between my mom (61) and my aunt (40). I'll be 32 years older than my cousin :lol: This is my aunt's first child too, which I'm grateful for because it means if she's having her first child at 40, I still have plenty of time :reject:

And Lila, the baby's name is going to be Madeline, so another Maddy will be in the world :wink:.

^ Crocs are not attractive. They are, however, comfy ~ my numb, achey foot/toes really like them. Who knew that breaking your leg causes ankle and foot problems :shrug:

Have a good time at the baby shower, chauffeur kelly.

I watched A Knight's Tale today. I really enjoyed it, fun little movie. I am gonna miss Heath Ledger :sigh:

A Charlie Brown Valentine is coming on :heart:

Such an exciting life I lead. I was out this afternoon before the snow :sigh: came. Now it is windy and blowing it all around :yuck: and the temps are dropping like a rock :hibernation:

kellyahern said:
I do not get the appeal of Crocs.

Tomorrow is my aunt's baby shower. Should be fun, except I have to play chauffeur for my mother and my grandmother. And my sister, but I don't mind that. Having my mother and grandmother together while I'm driving should be an experience though :huh:

But, fingers crossed that everything goes well, it will be cool to have a baby cousin :). There's a big age difference between my mom (61) and my aunt (40). I'll be 32 years older than my cousin :lol: This is my aunt's first child too, which I'm grateful for because it means if she's having her first child at 40, I still have plenty of time :reject:

And Lila, the baby's name is going to be Madeline, so another Maddy will be in the world :wink:.

Another Maddy? :cool: Though mine is technically Madeleine :wink:

I still don't understand the appeal of Crocs. Don't own any, don't want to, never tried them on, etc.

Spent a short time at the mall this evening. The stores close at 8:00pm. I prefer the holiday hours when they are at least open a bit longer. We got a late start, since Maddy has basketball games on Saturday, then comes home & chills, showers, and then the day can be shot depending how lazy she is. Though today she had a list of things she wanted to shop for. I just wish it was for stuff that she has gift cards to, instead of my money.

Wonder what's up for tomorrow. More shopping? Perhaps a movie, if I can convince her to go again. I feel like a bad fan for only having seen it once so far :reject:

Oh, and shari - do you want to know what the weather was like today? :whistle:

Lila64 said:

:| :( :scream:

It's -9 where I am right now. It's so cold in my room I can hardly stand it. The only reason I'm currently not under my 3 comforters, 2 fleece throws, and 2 blankets is because my little aol man told me I had mail so I wanted to check it out.

In a week and a few days I'll be in 70 degree weather. I can't imagine what that's going to be like. I'll probably be so warm that I'll melt. I'm so used to shivering all the time. :(

I'd much rather be in WI blizzards from last week than this horrible frozen cold.....

Lila64 said:

:mad:

Here we are getting, "If you do not have to go out, DON"T".
~law enforcement agencies
Oh and it is 5 below with a wind chill of 25 below right now. The high today? Forecasted to be 1 below zero :happy:

ETA the wind chill is now minus 31 :madspit:

Last edited:
:ohmy: I didn't know you were getting the frozen cold too. I thought it was just mountains of snow. We have snow but not nearly what you have, especially since we were actually in the high 30's last week and a lot melted. I think you officially win as having the worst winter this season. I don't think I could deal with blizzards and below zero temps all in one week. :tsk:

Oh yeah nice and cold here too :|

Taxes are done
Bill is filled out and stamped and set to mail
Netflix movies are watched and re-sealed and set to go back.

MISSING:

1 Cannon camera CD

1 power cord for portable dvd player

:scream:

The power cord really pisses me off to no end because I just had the damn thing. I can't imagine where I would have put it. My mom wants to use my dvd player in the car on the way down so I know there's no way I would have packed it in a box. :scream:

:mad::mad: :mad: :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom