Walking in A Randooomdumdooomdoooom Wonderland & Into 2008

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
my wrist still hurts. Yesterday was miserable, I could hardly move it at all. It was my last day at WM so I took off after about 2 hours. It was dead, no stock, and I couldn't move my right hand so I said "see ya!" and left for good. The store manager reminded me that he'll take me back anytime and will help me in AZ if I do decide I need a part time job and want to work for WM again. That was nice of him. So anyways I ran some errands and then got to school by 4 to make my chocolate box. My hand hurt so band I thought I was going to cry. But it was for a graded item so I had to fight through the pain. I think I could have done a lot better job on what I made but it's good enough. We had to make 2 confections (truffles, bon bons, etc) and a box made out of chocolate. But it was tough to get done, especially since I had filagree work all over the box. It's not fun trying to pipe something when you can't squeeze a bag without pain, and chocolate is the easiest thing in the world to work with. Tylenol helped but not for the whole night.

Anyways........I'll post pics in my journal later on. My parents want me to make fajitas for dinner tonight but I'm scared to try to hold a knife. It's getting better but every so often I move to quickly and I just want to cry all over again :sad:

no. One of my managers at my other job told me I should have gone that day. I guess a similar thing happened to her and she had a muscle tear :eek:

arw9797 said:
my wrist still hurts. Yesterday was miserable, I could hardly move it at all. It was my last day at WM so I took off after about 2 hours. It was dead, no stock, and I couldn't move my right hand so I said "see ya!" and left for good. The store manager reminded me that he'll take me back anytime and will help me in AZ if I do decide I need a part time job and want to work for WM again. That was nice of him. So anyways I ran some errands and then got to school by 4 to make my chocolate box. My hand hurt so band I thought I was going to cry. But it was for a graded item so I had to fight through the pain. I think I could have done a lot better job on what I made but it's good enough. We had to make 2 confections (truffles, bon bons, etc) and a box made out of chocolate. But it was tough to get done, especially since I had filagree work all over the box. It's not fun trying to pipe something when you can't squeeze a bag without pain, and chocolate is the easiest thing in the world to work with. Tylenol helped but not for the whole night.

Anyways........I'll post pics in my journal later on. My parents want me to make fajitas for dinner tonight but I'm scared to try to hold a knife. It's getting better but every so often I move to quickly and I just want to cry all over again :sad:

That had to feel like torture at times with your hand hurting. If it doesn't get better or swell I'd go see about it.

Sorry the wrist/hand haven't improved :(.
I am with everyone else......get it checked out :hug: /thus endeth the advice from the fracture queen *wears crown not so proudly*

it does feel better with every round of Tylenol I take. I had some after dinner and then passed out for 3 whole hours :happy::drool: It's really stiff but I don't have the horrible pain I had yesterday when I woke up. I'm going to try to not do much with it until school on Monday. If it still hurts by then I'll get it checked out.

well......:reject: I basically just got up about a 1/2 hour ago :reject: I went to take a nap at 6ish last night and pretty much stayed there other than a few moments of being online. :der: My wrist feels soooooooo much better now that I haven't used it. It's still stiff but not as bad and I don't have any pain when I move it. Just a little strain I guess.

I'm on my break right now and only managed to see the last 90 seconds of the Super Bowl and missed Tom Petty :(

But on the plus side we ordered Indian food at work tonight and was beyond yummy :drool: :drool:

arw9797 said:

lucky you. I sat through his entire rotten performance. You didn't miss anything. I was surprised at how horrid he sounded.

:shocked:

Oh no ~ he's so great live normally :hmm:

How's the wrist and shouldn't you be sleeping :D

Time to go back to work :wave:

2 things wrong with right now:
1. I am wide awake and posting here. I have been awake since three.
2. I flipped on the tv and we have a winter storm watch for Tues/Weds.. Five to nine inches of snow :( :scream:

That sucks shari :sad:
Hope you can get some sleep. :hug:
Hope the snow is not too bad, not that I'd know anything about snow :whistle:

Glad you are feeling better arw!
Watched the Super Bowl here by myself. Wasn't rooting for either team. Thought it was a good game!

Oh and Schmeg, got your message a few pages back. I wasn't trying to burn anything purchased from iTunes. I may try & download that program later in the week when I have time to mess around with it, whenever that might be...

:wave:

Off to bed here :yawn:

:barf: I do not want to go out today! :scream: The snow is getting heavy. So far nothing around here is closing so I doubt my school will close. All of the schools outside of the Twin Cities are starting close. I should leave soon and avoid as much traffic as possible. I don't have to be there until 6:30 so I think that will give me plenty of time :| Watch I'll leave now and by the time I get there, school will have been called off for the day :mad:

this is bad....I just looked up something online and discovered the unthinkable :scream:

There's not one single Caribou Coffee store anywhere in Phoenix. My life will not be the same without caramel coolers. Starbucks is not the same :tsk: :no: :sad: :rant: :scream:

:sigh:

A skinny cinnamon dolce latte from Starbucks is quite tasty :drool:

I bought Jelly Babies from WM today ...................now Dr. Who just needs to pop in.

kellyahern said:
I'm wiped out today. Watching that game was fun, but now I feel like I need to go home and sleep more of it off :lol:

:( It was fun to watch for like 8 minutes of the 4th quarter. And then it was sad. And it's very hard to live in Colts Nation right now.

:( :hug:

:feelsyourpainfromtheagonyofdefeat2weeksearlier: ~ note to self: get over it already, shari

shari schultz said:
:( :hug:

:feelsyourpainfromtheagonyofdefeat2weeksearlier: ~ note to self: get over it already, shari

It's okay...mourn! I called home and apparently my dad is inconsolable. He hasn't cried over sports since 1986, but I think the Pats, the Sox, and now the freakin' Celtics have gotten him back into it again, only to break his heart. :sigh:

In other sports news...I just got Red Sox and Reds tickets for my birthday! :hyper: We'll be in Boston in May for the Brewers and then we got this Sunday season package for the Reds! Bronson Arroyo...Manny...Lowell...Yoooooooooukilis...:yippie:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom