Walking in A Randooomdumdooomdoooom Wonderland & Into 2008

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to make a box out of chocolate tonight and then fill it up with bon bons and truffles. Not looking forward to it. :tsk: No more chocolates after this week!!!!! :hyper:

Okay, if anyone ever needs to cut music, download WavePad. I just downloaded the program, learned it, cut 30 seconds out of Fabulous from High School Musical 2, and burned a CD for one of my kids to skate to in 30 minutes.

Schmeg said:
Okay, if anyone ever needs to cut music, download WavePad. I just downloaded the program, learned it, cut 30 seconds out of Fabulous from High School Musical 2, and burned a CD for one of my kids to skate to in 30 minutes.

Is it dummy proof where even I could download it, then insert a CD and make 30 second clips to say, put as sample music for my customers to listen to, on my website? :hmm: :help:

Chocolate box? I feel I need some chocolate right about now... :sad:

Lila64 said:

try spending 5 hours a night in a room filled with chocolate. :barf: You'll never want it again. If I never go near it again I'll be just fine. I actually do like working with it now that I'm in this class but I've never been a big fan of chocolate so the smell drives me nuts.

That's understandable. I loved it as a kid. Now I'm happy to have a small bite every now and then. There could be a box of chocolates sitting here, and I will just walk on by unless I'm actually in the mood for a little :shrug:

That's ok, everytime I walk by that same box, I take one out... :)

Our friend worked at the Hershey's plant in California and said it was the worst smell you could imagine..........

I refuse to believe it :wink:

Just got an e-mail at work saying no more overtime will be approved, that any extra time we work we have to flex out.

That sucks. The only thing good about being made to work extra hours is the overtime pay. I don't want to work a rental for flex time, what's the point of that? Ooo, I get to work late on a Saturday just so I can take some hours off during the week. No. I like my weekly schedule. I only work extra for the extra money (which I really need now).

^Well that was a nice way to start your morning wasn't it? :huh: ~Good morning employees, instead of paying you OT we will let you work for flex time...........:yippie:~
I imagine it has gone over well :happy: ....................

I had very little OT this year, but when I did manage to get it it was soooooooooooooo :drool:
I miss it.

hardyharhar said:
That's ok, everytime I walk by that same box, I take one out... :)

Our friend worked at the Hershey's plant in California and said it was the worst smell you could imagine..........

I refuse to believe it :wink:

I used to go to school across from a chocolate factory (the one a certain serial killer worked at) and I would get off the bus in the morning and just gag......it was overpowering.
I was the counter manager of a candy dept. and I couldn't smell it but my friends could whenever we would get together........."hey, did you work today? *sniff, sniff*

The best was in high school:
I worked in the candy dept.
A friend worked at a onion soup place
and another friend worked at Burger King..............
you could smell us coming when we all got together right after work to see a movie............*PU*

shari schultz said:
^Well that was a nice way to start your morning wasn't it? :huh: ~Good morning employees, instead of paying you OT we will let you work for flex time...........:yippie:~
I imagine it has gone over well :happy: ....................

What I'm looking forward to is when a situation comes up where no part time staffer is available and I have to work extra hours. That'll be fun, especially since I have a job in which taking flex hours will impact what I have to do during the week, making more work for me when I get back after having to flex out hours (if that makes sense :huh: ).

I only have 3 other staff at my center anyway. If someone is not there, everyone else has to rearrange their schedules.

This bites.

Lila64 said:

Is it dummy proof where even I could download it, then insert a CD and make 30 second clips to say, put as sample music for my customers to listen to, on my website? :hmm: :help:

Yes, as long as you pop in the CD, as I just discovered it doesn't like songs you legally purchased off iTunes out of which you want to chop a minute from the middle so the audience doesn't go for a snack in the middle of a very basic synchro routine. :angry: Now I have to be all conniving with a Disney song, and Mickey will surely come kick my ass.

Note:
When updating your iPod, do not do it when rushed. I somehow managed to remove all the music from it :happy:
Reloading now........

I have LOST on in the background only to see Hawaii :sigh: I have no idea what is going on :shifty:
Got an IM from a friend "Hawaii airfare is $649"
:help: It sounds so good esp. since we will get more snow (3-6 inches) tonight ................

Good evening Randooomers :wave:

I'll be heading off to a mini fah softball practise at 7 pm

I spent the better part of my day shovelling snow/compacted ice from the bottom of my driveway :ohmy:

My back is very unhappy :mad:

And...

flex time instead of overtime really really sucks. As much as I complain about all the overtime I have to work I'm happy to be paid out $$$

And...

38F below is fricking cold

mini fah softball *images of warm summer days fill my head*........thanks, I needed that image to fill my brain :)
BTW :wave: fah

my back feels for your back :hug:
and yes, 38 below is 'effin cold

so damn.......WM decided not to give me hours next week like they promised. My last day really is tomorrow. As much as I'm looking forward to not having to work for the next 2 weeks, other than 4 more LE shifts, I really could use the extra cash and would have worked next week. Bastards. I need to leave early tomorrow and I know they won't let me but at this point what are they going to do if I leave at 4 instead of 5? I'm pissed. Also, :mad: that means my discount ends tomorrow. I finally have money again after a few months of being poor and I wanted to go shopping there this weekend before my discount ends. :scream: I guess I'll have to buy the stuff I want before I get to work. :angry:

Also.......I think I sprained my wrist at work today. I did 1 furniture carryout right before I left for the day and it was a dining room table that weighed a few million pounds. The other girl that was working with me is a lot taller than me and tried to lift it up to high. My wrist bent back in a funny position and I almost dropped the table. It's my right had too. What fun it was tonight trying to temper chocolate when I could barely hold my tools. It's not swollen and I can move it without a lot of pain, but I just can't hold anything. :(

I work all weekend night and day into night.

U23D is now listed as beginning in a theater near me for a limited engagement in mid Feb................:up:
J and I are hoping that it is still at Navy Pier in March. It could be an all music weekend ~ Gaelic Storm, U23D and then Bruuuuuuuuce on St. Patty's Day. It makes for a pretty good birthday weekend :yes:

I came online to look up fabric stores and something else. What was the something else???

My synchro girls weren't as thrilled with the yellow dresses from the club president's stash as I thought they'd be. They kept telling me they look like giant skating bananas, so I told them I'd find something sparkly for them. But I cannot remember what else I needed to look for. :mad:

shari schultz said:
I work all weekend night and day into night.

U23D is now listed as beginning in a theater near me for a limited engagement in mid Feb................:up:
J and I are hoping that it is still at Navy Pier in March. It could be an all music weekend ~ Gaelic Storm, U23D and then Bruuuuuuuuce on St. Patty's Day. It makes for a pretty good birthday weekend :yes:

sounds like heaven :love:

GS is going to be at the Guthrie of all places on ST Patrick's day and I won't be here :scream: They actually played in AZ last spring but sadly there's nothing listed on the website for anything but this part of the country. :sad:

Kariann said:
My head is spinning from work today. :scream: Not a bad day but lots of confusion over an upcoming launch. OT next week which means extra $$ and I could use that to purchase what came in today that I'm pondering on ordering. :hmm:

:shifty: do tell........

shoes that start with a P, and with an A, and have a U and an M in the middle?!?!?! :drool: :drool: :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom