Walking in A Randooomdumdooomdoooom Wonderland & Into 2008

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So far just really cold. That could change as it is:
~a weekend and the snow seems to fall on a weekend
~inventory and with inventory the weather seems to get really bad

There is hope :D

I am suddenly VERY VERY happy with them moving the Housewares inventory to 5 am.........I will be home to watch the game :yippie:

Soft Home people are gonna be grumpy, they have late afternoon/night inventory *scared of her co-workers
:uhoh:*

Off to read Don't Bet Against Me, by Deanna Favre
(yes I have achieved full Packer geek-dom). I admire her as much as Brett.

I'm back briefly~
Early weather report:
Sun
Jan 20 Partly Cloudy
4°/3°

weather.com (8:00 pm)

4 degrees huh? That # sounds familiar :hmm:.............4
:whistle:
l
l
l
v

I walked into that proudly^ :)

You should hear the local radio stations.

On another note, I feeli icky. I want to stay in bed and sleep. I have to go do inventory :scream:

This
Is the latest dress my friend LOOOOOOVES for her wedding. Yesterday it was the Bikini Babe Bridal Gown and I was going to be dressed like a Kryptonite green stalk of seaweed.

Today she's decided to dress up like a chicken. I suppose I'll be dressed up as either corn or a fluffy yellow chickie.

"camptown ladies sing this song do dah, do dah"
732dgnm.jpg

Apparently I am a weird wedding-planning-person as my dress is simple and elegant (no fluff, feathers, or bikini tops) and as the party is coming from far and wide, I might just say, "Pick out a dress in this color and show up."

Also that model is so skinny I'm frightened that the dress may shatter her sternum.

Schmeg said:
Apparently I am a weird wedding-planning-person as my dress is simple and elegant (no fluff, feathers, or bikini tops) and as the party is coming from far and wide, I might just say, "Pick out a dress in this color and show up."

You aren't weird. Your dress expresses who you are, and you love it. That's how its supposed to be. I always thought weddings were supposed to be beautiful occasions where friends and family celebrated the love two people have for each other. I hate seeing this one turned into a spectacle.

You reminded me that I shouldn't be so mean. It's NOT about me at all.

The rec center where I work gets rented out for a lot of wedding receptions . . . which amuses me greatly because:
a) It's a 40 something old rec center with a gray cement floor
b) and people always make a spectacle

Well, not always, but often enough :wink: I try to take pride in my facility, but sometimes I feel like telling people, "It's a REC CENTER! It's not, nor will it ever be, The Ritz."

I'm bored :|

I alternately feel human and then not human. I felt pretty good last night when I went to bed and then woke up at 4 feeling so nauseous again.

Watching Twister Sisters on WE. Obvious statement of the day from a tornado chaser:
"Hail hurts" as he is standing out in a field being pelted by it.
I would't mind going on a tornado chase :reject: (but am not dumb enough to stand outside in the hail)

We won't even discuss driving a car through a flooding road :tsk: (the best part of this was when the storm chaser asked do you have insurance and she answered no................." I watched other cars go through it"..............)

Last edited:
kellyahern said:
The rec center where I work gets rented out for a lot of wedding receptions . . . which amuses me greatly because:
a) It's a 40 something old rec center with a gray cement floor
b) and people always make a spectacle

Well, not always, but often enough :wink: I try to take pride in my facility, but sometimes I feel like telling people, "It's a REC CENTER! It's not, nor will it ever be, The Ritz."

But I bet it's inexpensive, especially for people looking at menus and realizing $3000 for food is actually a realistic number, and perhaps even low-balling it depending on number of guests and quality of caterer. :uhoh:

everything for weddings is so expensive. And there's so much involved in planning one. Where I am there are halls and party houses that won't consider a wedding under 150 people.

:crazy: I just made 3 cakes from scratch, raspberry jam, and ganache. I have 4 more cakes left to make plus decorate them all on Saturday plus maybe whip up a few cookies. My parents are having a graduation party for my brother on Sunday. He just got his master's in communications (I think :reject: ). This is my last big event that I have to bake for before I leave.

Sometimes, mostly at night and occasionally in day, I need to leave Journals really, really quickly or I will end up in a ridiculous argument I would never win with people who genuinely believe the world turns around them. :banghead:

arw9797 said:
:crazy: I just made 3 cakes from scratch, raspberry jam, and ganache. I have 4 more cakes left to make plus decorate them all on Saturday plus maybe whip up a few cookies. My parents are having a graduation party for my brother on Sunday. He just got his master's in communications (I think :reject: ). This is my last big event that I have to bake for before I leave.

You mean they're not going to make you bake for your own going away party? :wink:

I'm so cold I can hardly type right now. It's not even that cold out, but the rink was really chilly.

Wow what a horrid night. Came home from work feeling icky from this flu thingy and now my former boss called me in tears.......a co-worker died tonight. A heart attack. She was at work today. I talked to her. She didn't say she was feeling sick or ill or in pain. We had some laughs.
I had to call a couple co-workers to tell them...........we are all just in shock.
God~ we just worked together today :sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom