Walk the Line

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I saw this last night...it's amazing! I really went in knowing nearly nothing about Johnny Cash and enjoyed it very much. The biggest surprise for me was that Joaquin Phoenix and Reese Witherspoon were doing all of the vocals in the movie. I thought that Jerry Lee Lewis was hilarious, but Elvis was lame. They could have found a better person to play him. Tyler Hilton of One Tree Hill fame, come on! Overall, go see it, it's worth the ticket price!

I haven't read any of the posts in this thread but I did want to chime in and say that this was quite possibly the best major released movie I've seen in 5 years.

Elvis' roll in the movie is pretty small; I thought the actor was fine. I wouldn't have known it was an actor from a TV show, since I've never seen that show.

corianderstem said:
Elvis' roll in the movie is pretty small; I thought the actor was fine. I wouldn't have known it was an actor from a TV show, since I've never seen that show.

I'm probably biased because I really, really don't like the show that he's on at all. My sister watches it and I can't stand it! It's on the WB, does much more need to be said?

Just saw it last night, and I thought it was pretty good, but it's not what I expected. Phoenix does an awesome job, though. I don't think anyone could have done it better.

Re: Re: Re: WTF

WinnieThePoo said:

saw him , he had a big role , actor played him well
but Elvis ??

Apparently people around here are unfamiliar with Sun Records and Sam Phillips.

I'm tyring to find a song that isn't on the soundtrack or at least it doesn't look like it is on amazon

The song where he kissed her on stage. It was a song she said she sang with her first husband and didn't want to sing it with him.

Anyone know what it's called?

redkat said:
I'm tyring to find a song that isn't on the soundtrack or at least it doesn't look like it is on amazon

The song where he kissed her on stage. It was a song she said she sang with her first husband and didn't want to sing it with him.

Anyone know what it's called?

Times A'Wastin

I thought it was surpisingly good. Both leads were terrific. I agree that Jerry Lee was great and Elvis was lame. Elvis was so lame that my friend turned to me and asked if that was supposed to be Elvis. Not a good sign.

I also questioned the portrayal of his first wife but I didn't read the autobiography (although I've had it for like 8 years, lol) so I don't know how it compares with Cash's actual portrayal of her in the book. I don't agree that Cash was an asshole either--it isn't fair to call people on drugs "assholes" even when the behavior is very bad. People on drugs are not themselves. I did think his first wife was portrayed as a shrew and while I don't know if she was or not I just felt bad for Roseanne since I've always liked her. I would like to have seen more of his relationship with her and the other daughter with the first wife but if it's true to Cash's portrayal in the book then that's that.

It opened in this country last week and I just got back from watchin it.

Lovely movie. I thought Joaquin's singing voice was a bit off at times but that's more of the fact I'm so used to hearing Johnny sing.

I got the collector's edition.(I got it for 24, the price is around 28 in most stores). Last night I watched disc 2 which has three extended songs song performances from Joaquin and Reese and three featurettes about Johnny and Johnny/ June. I look forward to the movie w/ the director's commentary-that's all it has, none from the actors.

It has some pretty postcards too:wink:

Back
Top Bottom