Waking Life

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I saw it and I thought it was quite good. The animation technique was very interesting as well. I'm a fan of Richard Linklater films.

Some of the stuff about dreams really got me thinking. Like the one guy who said that you can tell when you are dreaming or not by looking at the digital clock and if the numbers don't make any sense then you are dreaming. That is so true! Things like phones, computers, clocks and money don't make sense in dreams because I guess your subconscious mind can't make them work. They are just a facade, like a movie set or something.

but i don't ever seem to remember looking at clocks or dealing with money in dreams...

what i do find interesting is when i read about dreams, i'm almost guaranteed to dream extensively the next night - and remember them for some time as well.

dreams are pretty kickass.

I had a dream where I was trying to call someone on a payphone and all the change that I had was from some nonexistent countries and the phone wouldn't accept any of it. Then when I tried to dial the number, the numbers on the phone were all fucked up.

The key to this I guess, is that if something like this happens to you when you are dreaming and you can conciously say to yourself 'this is a dream, it's not real' then you could have a better chance at controlling the outcome of the dream.

Calluna said:
Have you seen it beegee?

no, but i've brought it home from the library about seven times because i really want to, especially for the reason april mentioned. i just never got around to watching it. i think i'll bring it home tomorrow, though. the comments in this thread are interesting enough that i think i'll give it another go.

Back
Top Bottom