Waited all my life!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dreadsox

ONE love, blood, life
For this day!

I remember 1975
I remember 1978
I remember 1986
I remember 2003

I cried tears of joy this morning when I woke up to find that I had not been dreaming.

Thank you Red Sox.

Last Wednesday as I watched the game with my six year old, she asked me, does anything go right for the Red Sox? Do thay ever win?

I was able to tell her something that I did not think possible.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To the Yankees fans and the Yankees....thank you for making this the greatest rivalry in sports.

I say we play for two out of three next year!

Oh I agree 100%, but you have to savor how sweet it was to do that to the Yankees :evil:

I think I shed a single tear when I saw ARod's reaction, then again, I think I didn't :D

Hewson said:
Everyone is getting just a bit too excited...they still have 4 games to win to really accomplish anything.

You do not understand......

This was about the rivalry, not the World Series.

I do not think the World series will live up to the past week.

Hewson said:
Everyone is getting just a bit too excited...they still have 4 games to win to really accomplish anything.

Sure, the '80 American Hockey Team had to beat Finland in the next game to actually win the Gold Medal, but who remembers that? It's all about beating the evil empire, the Russians. That was the true glory.

I'm not a part of Red Sox Nation, but I'll be rooting for them big time!

To Red Sox fans, this means everything. I'm not a Sox fan, but I dislike the Yankees immensely. I'll be rooting for Boston in the series! (plus they do their spring training right down the road)....

You guys realize I'm as die hard a Sox fan as they come, I was at game 5 of the '86 Workd Series, I was at Fenway Monday on my feet with SRO tix for 7.5 hours staright, I'm thrilled we disposed of the Yankees, and loved how it played out.
But the goal for me is not beating the Yanks, its winning the World Series. Just getting there, no matter what the road, will seem empty if the Cards or Astros beat us.
4 more wins baby.

Hewson said:
You guys realize I'm as die hard a Sox fan as they come, I was at game 5 of the '86 Workd Series, I was at Fenway Monday on my feet with SRO tix for 7.5 hours staright, I'm thrilled we disposed of the Yankees, and loved how it played out.
But the goal for me is not beating the Yanks, its winning the World Series. Just getting there, no matter what the road, will seem empty if the Cards or Astros beat us.
4 more wins baby.

Fortunately, the Cards and Astros are busy beating the crap out of each other, so the Sox won't be at a physical disadvantage entering the series.

The Sox are fortunate that Schilling and Lowe saved the bullpen from major work in 6 & 7, and the 2 off days will be helpful...everyone should be ready to go.
Sox in 6 regardles of opponent.

"Ding dong the witch is dead"

Big sports weekend up in Beantown

Saturday afternoon / night

BC vs ND (away)

Boston vs St.Louis or Houston

Sunday afternoon / night

Jets vs. Pats

Boston vs St.Louis or Houston

I'd take that now......

was at GAme 7 last night, something I'll never forget in my life! What an event, in the end the red sox had something the yankees didnt: HEART.

Nate Dogg said:
To Red Sox fans, this means everything. I'm not a Sox fan, but I dislike the Yankees immensely. I'll be rooting for Boston in the series! (plus they do their spring training right down the road)....

this is whats sad about red sox fans.

caring more about beating the yankees than winning the world series? thats ridiculous.

i agree with hewson

also, and now will all those casual fans who rooted for the red sox just because they wanted them to beat the "evil empire" now root against them in the world series?

the red sox spend about 50 million more than the astors/cardinals, so in the world series the red sox will actually turn into the "evil empire." so it would be quite hypocritical for the fans who want to root for the red sox because they are "underdgos" to root for them in the world series.

Last edited:
Chizip,

Think about Pistons-Bulls, Red Wings-Avalanche, Kings-Lakers. All ferocious intra-conference rivalries.

I had to shave my head in school today.....

I told my class that if they ever won it all I would shave my head.

I am officially bald....

Pinch me is this real????

cbrown.gif

Shoot, CB only had to wait half as long as the Red Sox...

Dreadsox said:
I had to shave my head in school today.....

I told my class that if they ever won it all I would shave my head.

I am officially bald....

Pinch me is this real????

:scream: Do you look like this? :no:

baldbono.jpg

Back
Top Bottom