Waikouaiti, New Zealand Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's nothing higher than Tompoucen. They're godlike.

Oh and stroopwafels ofcourse! And Guinness in Dublin. :up:

You've got yourself a deal there.

I wish we would know the tour dates already. I need to plan my summer break in advance because of work. It's getting on my nerves!

And I haven't even thought about the tickets. I wish the pre-sales code would be valid for more than one concert.

I told myself I wouldn't try guinness unless I was in Dublin. I probably won't like it there anyway, but at least I'll know it's as good there as it can be!

And I don't like wine either :reject:

I told myself I wouldn't try guinness unless I was in Dublin. I probably won't like it there anyway, but at least I'll know it's as good there as it can be!

And I don't like wine either :reject:

So what should we use to bribe you into coming to Europe???

What's this argument about U2 and Europe? Need I remind you people that Lovetown was scheduled for Australia and New Zealand, with European dates as an afterthought?

Clearly everybody should live here. U2 can schedule another Lovetown for us.

Respect shouldn't take that long. Hope it's worth it.

It was. :love:

(Even moreso since it just allowed me to nerd out the rpg!)

Well, since I'm coming along, you can have a sip or two, decide it's revolting, and pass it on to me. I won't object to Guinness!

What's this argument about U2 and Europe? Need I remind you people that Lovetown was scheduled for Australia and New Zealand, with European dates as an afterthought?

Come on, Axver, you know we have the cool trains over here.

So what should we use to bribe you into coming to Europe???

Food.

Though I'm sure we'll have nice drinks here too. Uhm, we have the cleanest water of the country in my town? You can drink out of the tap here. :up:

And get out of the box Ali, there's not many wines I enjoy either. Sweet ones, white and rose I don't mind but red ones. Can't get myself to like them.

Oh, :shifty: And we've port here too.

Err, how many shows has Oz had? And how many were in Europe?

Exactly.

And oh Ax, one thing. Where does port come from again?

Well, since I'm coming along, you can have a sip or two, decide it's revolting, and pass it on to me. I won't object to Guinness!

Do you guys already know for how long you will be in Dublin for (assuming the rumoured dates are confirmed)? I'd love you to see the concerts with you there.

And drink some Guinness as well, of course!

Come on, Axver, you know we have the cool trains over here.

Wroooong!

s640x480

God I love the classic blue and yellow Victorian Railways paint scheme.

Wroooong!

s640x480

God I love the classic blue and yellow Victorian Railways paint scheme.

Ha, I knew that would get to you!

I guess the obvious way to end the discussion would be to ask "Which country influenced the recording of One Tree Hill".

Do you guys already know for how long you will be in Dublin for (assuming the rumoured dates are confirmed)? I'd love you to see the concerts with you there.

It depends. If the Dublin gigs are the last ones of the London-Amsterdam-Dublin seque, I would want to stay a few days longer to see the city. But I wouldn't want to stay alone!

Err, how many shows has Oz had? And how many were in Europe?

Exactly.

And oh Ax, one thing. Where does port come from again?

Lovetown had 27 gigs in Australia and New Zealand, 14 in Europe (originally only 10; the 4 in Rotterdam were added only after the aborted Amsterdam gig), and 6 in Japan. We win where it matters! After all, Lovetown was scheduled expressly for Australia and New Zealand since we missed out on JT, then since the band wanted to play Dublin for New Year's Eve, they scheduled gigs in on the continent in Paris, Dortmund, and Amsterdam as well.

The port I drink is actually made in Australia. Portuguese stuff costs too fucking much.

Definitely we'd be in Dublin from the 24th to the 28th. It'd be awesome if you could make it too.

It depends. If the Dublin gigs are the last ones of the London-Amsterdam-Dublin seque, I would want to stay a few days longer to see the city. But I wouldn't want to stay alone!

Since Dublin's going to be fucking expensive to stay in, and since I'd like to see more of Ireland than just Dublin, I'm thinking a cool idea would be to actually go stay somewhere else in Ireland that's cheaper for a few days after the gigs. Not that I've actually suggested that idea to anyone until now ...

Lovetown had 27 gigs in Australia and New Zealand, 14 in Europe (originally only 10; the 4 in Rotterdam were added only after the aborted Amsterdam gig), and 6 in Japan. We win where it matters! After all, Lovetown was scheduled expressly for Australia and New Zealand since we missed out on JT, then since the band wanted to play Dublin for New Year's Eve, they scheduled gigs in on the continent in Paris, Dortmund, and Amsterdam as well.

The port I drink is actually made in Australia. Portuguese stuff costs too fucking much.

I didn't mean just on lovetown. :wink:

Well, there ya go, another reason to go to Europe. Portugese Port is the cheapest you can get here.

Definitely we'd be in Dublin from the 24th to the 28th. It'd be awesome if you could make it too.

Since Dublin's going to be fucking expensive to stay in, and since I'd like to see more of Ireland than just Dublin, I'm thinking a cool idea would be to actually go stay somewhere else in Ireland that's cheaper for a few days after the gigs. Not that I've actually suggested that idea to anyone until now ...

Oh, great idea! I heard they already tripled prices in there. Blegh!

Or another idea I've been toying with is not getting a hotel in Dublin, rather a condo with a group of people. We'll be eating out anyway so just for breakfast you'd have to shop and it's way cheaper than a hotel. And it could be a little farther away, since there's the tram anyway.

Perhaps we can combine our ideas into awesomeness? :hmm:

This is not too bad either

panoa002.jpg

Well, the scenery's awesome.

But I have a thing for the classic Victorian Railways era ... and even moreso for the classic New Zealand Railways era.

image001.jpg

:love: DA 1401 :love:

That's fun, it seems we have a small troupe going there! Ax, I like your idea, I was actually keen on going somewhere in the west coast, though I'm open for any plans.

Oh, great idea! I heard they already tripled prices in there. Blegh!

Or another idea I've been toying with is not getting a hotel in Dublin, rather a condo with a group of people. We'll be eating out anyway so just for breakfast you'd have to shop and it's way cheaper than a hotel. And it could be a little farther away, since there's the tram anyway.

Perhaps we can combine our ideas into awesomeness? :hmm:

Do they really increase their prices because of the concert? I mean, in a venue with capacity for 80,000, let's say 10,000-15,000 come from abroad (a high estimate I would say). This should not be nearly as much as the average for big conferences there, I reckon. Anyways, the idea to avoid hotels is good.

I didn't mean just on lovetown. :wink:

Well, there ya go, another reason to go to Europe. Portugese Port is the cheapest you can get here.

But I did, since it's the only U2 tour that matters!

What about the good stuff, though? I don't want just any Portuguese port!

Well, the scenery's awesome.

But I have a thing for the classic Victorian Railways era ... and even moreso for the classic New Zealand Railways era.

image001.jpg

:love: DA 1401 :love:

This is a cool train indeed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom