Waikiki

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kieran McConville

ONE love, blood, life
Waikiki, not only an island, also a band. Tell me you love them.

Including such gems as Ms Universe, Here Comes September, and New Technology. And no, I'm not taking the piss, although I wouldn't normally listen to this kind of breezy pop music. Juanita Stein's voice is delightful.

At the very least, I expect to hear from you, Betty.

Also, Alex Lloyd's new song is tops. Gosh, I am turning soft in my old age. Next thing you know, I'll be grooving to the Beach Boys.

I could love them. If they're anything like Alex Lloyd in terms of style, I think I'd safely bet no though.
They're not new are they.

Only will I venture a listen if it is an encore performance of Waikiki... Hockey.

:up:

Waikiki: not an island. In fact, I am about 15 minutes from there...should be hittting the beach again soon!

Well Angie, to answer your unspoken question, no, they do not sound like Alex Lloyd, and yes, they are new. Fairly new, I suppose. They have one album.

I really liked "Here Comes September" and "New Technology". I'd get their album if there wasn't a massive line of other artists' albums queuing in front, :)

Alex Lloyd is a pass though; that sensitive moaning of his doesn't do much for me.

Yes! They are Aussie!

I don't know why people dislike Alex Lloyd so; with the exception of that awful song 'Amazing', his work is really really tight. Excellent tunes and arrangements, and as for sensitive moaning, I dunno about that. He has his own style. I'm not generally a fan of sensitive moaning.

Look them up on allmusic.com. they come up as 'world music' ! I think I'll be seeing them when they open for Ben Lee here later this year.

Believe me when I say that missing the Three Bens in concert will always be the great regret of my life.

Hello Betty.

World music, indeed. Pffft.

Kieran McConville said:
Yes! They are Aussie!

I don't know why people dislike Alex Lloyd so; with the exception of that awful song 'Amazing', his work is really really tight. Excellent tunes and arrangements, and as for sensitive moaning, I dunno about that. He has his own style. I'm not generally a fan of sensitive moaning.

This is a contradiction I previously did not get (not really thinking that his 'Amazing' would ever be your cup of tea). Amazing is a pile of pig trough gruel. So with your assertation it sucks basketballs through a garden hose, I am resting assured the rest of his stuff must be better.

I went looking for Waikiki and found nothing. Damn these subpoenas preventing people from sharing.

Greedy selfish bastards.

hrmph.

Back
Top Bottom