=w= weezer anyone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

UnforgettableLemon

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
I'm really beginning to dig Weezer. I think the new album, Maladroit, is great, but overrated by critics. I'd put it in a third-place tie with the blue album, with the green album being my favorite, and Pinkerton my 2nd. I love that no matter how angry Rivers' lyrics may be, they're music has so much energy and there's an intangible positive vibe. Great band. Want to see them live very much.

------------------
And you brighten my life like a polystyrene hat
But it melts in the sun like a life without love
And I've waited for you so i'll keep holding onWithout you

Sumone mentioned weezer here not tooo long ago
smile.gif

I think the Blue Album and Pinkerton are both classics. The Green Album is one of the worst records I've heard in a long, long time. Haven't heard Maladroit yet.

Great band!

------------------
me3

Don't get sentimental
It always ends up drivel

I don't like the Green album... It's like Blue, with more of the 'poppy' feeling. Pinkerton rocks though, and I don't see why their die-hard fans hated it so much. I think it was really a nice direction for them to go. And of course, the Blue album is a great debut CD by any band.

And Rivers... He's one of my favorite male voices. I mean, and can you make up better lyrics than 'if you want to destroy my sweater'?
biggrin.gif
I'm going to try and get tickets too, when they go on tour to support Maladroit... Hopefully.

Weezer rocks.

------------------
i'm too busy to see you
you're too busy to wait

i've been a fan of weezer since the beginning and i think they're awesome. i don't like green so much, but i think maladroit is superior to it.

However, Pinkerton is the best, and most weezer fans will agree with me. It isn't the fans that hated Pinkerton so much as the critics, and in turn Rivers Cuomo felt betrayed or something by putting more personal lyrics and emotion in the album. Therefore, after 1997, he went to "hiding" and went to Harvard. Most die hard fans, don't like green, i guess they were expecting something better after 5 years of not putting out an album.

OK, i've been listening to them all day, so now I'm going to say with full confidence that while I do prefer the music and harmonies on the green album, the lyrics on Pinkerton are faaaaaaaar superior. Maladroit may take a while for me to bite into though.

Hobbes531-
I was getting the impression that the fans didn't like it, from the people I know. I heard that Rivers went into all reclusive mode from the response he recieved from his fans. 'Ooh! Blue album good! Pinkerton is too... deep.' And then, as a message, he made the Green album, the poppiest of the pop albums.

Rivers is a pretty tempermental guy, supposedly. I only began to like Weezer recently, so I can't really say I'm a 'diehard fan.' How's Maladroit? Worth buying?

------------------
i'm too busy to see you
you're too busy to wait

Maladroit is great, I'm really liking it after repeat listens. Didn't like it too much at first, guess American Gigalo gave me a bad first impression of the album... but Dope Nose, Keep Fishin', Slave, Space Rock, Love Explosion, December, Burndt Jamb... all great songs

FlyGirl

just for some other information about the Pinkerton thing. there is a campaign by fans to get weezer to play Pinkerton songs live, as rivers tends to not play any of them except for "tired of sex", and it seemed to work as they added other songs from the album on their recent tour of the USA & Japan.

As far as Maladroit, it's great like UnforgettableLemon said. It might take a few listens, but it's really good. It has a more "metal" edge to it than the other albums, which is a nice departure, but still retains it's pop senseability.

Ya, I was the person who mentioned Weezer on here a few days ago. When I posted abou them, no one replied though! Anyways, Weezer really is great. I've seen them live, and would rate it as the second best concert I've ever been to, first being U2. Maladroit is good, Green is my fav, I like Pinkerton, Blue and Maladroit almost equally.

I think the Green Album is lyrically stronger then Maladroit. But then I like Maladroit more then Green for the music.

Slob is a cop out by Cuomo for the fans who love Pinkerton. Some Weezer fans need to stop being so close minded, elitist, and stuck in the past (alah Pinkerton).

Blue Album made Weezer huge and mainstream, Pinketon made them indie/ cult idols when they lost mainstream success, and the Green Album reintroduced them to the public. Wonder what Maladroit will do.

------------------
~ "You can't resist her. She's in your bones. She is your marrow and your ride home. You can't avoid her. She's in the air; in between molecules of oxygen and carbon dioxide." ~ RC

Their cool.

------------------
When life hands you a lemon, say "Oh yeah, I like lemons. What else you got?" --Henry Rollins

Originally posted by u2popmofo:
Ya, I was the person who mentioned Weezer on here a few days ago. When I posted abou them, no one replied though! Anyways, Weezer really is great. I've seen them live, and would rate it as the second best concert I've ever been to, first being U2. Maladroit is good, Green is my fav, I like Pinkerton, Blue and Maladroit almost equally.

i repliiiiiiied mr mofooooooo

True, you did reply. I should have said, "hardly anyone" replied instead of "no one".

I'm a huge Weezer fan...got to meet the boys after their show in Detroit last September...very fun show. Maladroit seems interesting...has a very 1970s KISS/Deep Purple feel. I've only listened to the first half...need to steal it from my brother cos I'm broke!

------------------

Just as you find me
Always I will be
A little bit too free
With myself

Back
Top Bottom