W Just Had An Earthquake!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It didn't hit Lancashire where i live ( Northwest England) or if it did i slept through it.

Glad that is everyone is ok. :hug:

Canadiens1160 said:
All you Cali peeps must be like "aww nigga please".

:lol:

When i first heard of an earthquake this morning, before they said where it was in england, my first thought was that Cali had been hit and i though i hope they're all ok.

Never thought it would have been in England. :ohmy:

bonoishot said:
It didn't hit Lancashire where i live ( Northwest England) or if it did i slept through it.

Glad that is everyone is ok. :hug:

:lol:

When i first heard of an earthquake this morning, before they said where it was in england, my first thought was that Cali had been hit and i though i hope they're all ok.

Never thought it would have been in England. :ohmy:

Sky News put Blackpool on their list of places that felt it :lol:

You must of been out for the count Jem :wink:

At first i thought my house was gonna collapse because we currently have some builders in fixing the celling because of a leak.

:wave:

anyhow, you are young to remember :kiss:, but as newsperson said, if last one was around 25 years ago, making that sometime early 80s, I remember it.........IF that was it on a Sunday and we were down at the caravan. however, it always feels that it happened more late 80s.

Last edited:
Yes, North Down they said. :wave: Hi maddie.
I don't remember the last one :D

I've never felt an earthquake. I'm in a tornado prone area though, now that shit is scary. I'll never forget that day back in 2000. I'm HoH and the tornado seemed to come out of nowhere. I snatched my 11 month old daughter up, and just stood in the living room, watched in sheer panic and felt the air being sucked out of the house. I literally could not make myself move. By grace of God, the tornado somehow bounced right over the house and landed in the fielddirectly behind us. I still cringe to think of how badly I froze up with my child in my arms. :yikes:

earthquake shmearthquake.

i was wide awake at 1am last night and didn't feel a thing where i am in leeds. now there's a million facebook groups all starting up about how we survived an earthquake :huh:

Funnily enough, even though i'm up in Glasgow i felt a very vague wobble at around 1 am&i thought oh why did i just feel like that? I was amazed when i heard about the earthquake :ohmy: thank god we don't really get them over here - i shudder to imagine what that must be like!! :yikes: :yikes:

Here in the states they are common especially in So. California. They just had a few near the Calif/Mexico border. We just sort of rock and roll and go with the flow unless it's a biggie over 5.5. That is when things start falling all over and glass breaks, foundations crack, etc.

Welcome to our world to all those who experienced this quake! :wink:

Carek1230 said:
Here in the states they are common especially in So. California. They just had a few near the Calif/Mexico border. We just sort of rock and roll and go with the flow unless it's a biggie over 5.5. That is when things start falling all over and glass breaks, foundations crack, etc.

Welcome to our world to all those who experienced this quake! :wink:

Think is we didnt feel them at all in L.A Karen!!......I gues they were just local in your area :shrug:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom