Vrbno pod Pradědem Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Varitek said:
yeah i am very familiar with it. usually it is my bedtime.

I as a rule don't stay up past 3am. If I break that rule, I never make it past 4am. I just cannot tolerate waking at midday or later and missing the whole morning.

In an ideal world, I'd sleep 1am-9am, I think.

The Sad Punk said:
Thanks! The name's Bonnie, by the way. I do to an extent prefer it over 'Saddo', but I'm honestly not fussed.

I'm just so used to calling you Saddo that using your proper name almost seems strange. But if you're coming to Melbourne sometime this year, I should start calling you Bonnie since I'm not going to call you Saddo in person!

No IMAX here, Vaz - and no money for plane tickets to Melbourne at the moment. (edit: Mid-year holis are the plan, Axxo!)

At least I'm not punished via a forty foot lard arse.

Varitek said:
so aussies, bought your u23d tickets?

Not yet :(

I don't really want to be hanging around the city past midnight on a Thursday; that's just asking to be assaulted. And my parents don't want me to either, so it looks like I can't make the midnight screening. :(

Varitek said:

go to IQ. jamila started a useful thread!

She did what now? I call bullshit. I honestly don't read any thread started by her, so no wonder I missed whatever it is you're talking about.

:sad: i don't think i can see it a 2nd time. the two places in philly i can get to that say they're showing it on u23dmovie don't have it on their own websites, and king of prussia requires a car. i'm lucky i got to see it once i guess. if i'd gone home for break i'd probably have seen it twice more by now!

Holy shit, just looking at photos from today, and my hair really is too fucking long and looks awful.

Though when you're an albino, it's hard for your hair to ever look good.

The photos of the elephants at the Zoo are made of so much SuperWin though. Fuck, they're adorably awesome.

major_panic said:

Not yet :(

I don't really want to be hanging around the city past midnight on a Thursday; that's just asking to be assaulted. And my parents don't want me to either, so it looks like I can't make the midnight screening. :(

aren't you in uni? you listen to your parents? and really assaulted? i have spent my entire life in cities, dangerous scary american cities, and never been assaulted, and i'm a woman.

The Sad Punk said:
I didn't really get much out of the interview, I mean it was okay if you're after anything in the new by the man, but I wasn't mad for it.

I think Jamila still did a :bono: :hug: :heart: :heart: :dance: though, if that means anything.

i thought it was funny. they didn't ask him any hard hitting questions about say the new album, so they fail as journalists, but i dunno if they'd ever claim to be journalists to begin with.

Varitek said:
wow, lots of people showed up in that last thread. poor showings from tourist, dalton, nsfw, and Ali :(
That stupid job of mine... :madwife: ... :(

unico said:
wow, yeah lots of new faces! that's awesome. i'm convinced Ali is my alter ego or something.
:ohmy:
Well, you did get exactly twice as many posts as me in the last thread... that's gotta mean something.... :uhoh:

:whistle:

The Sad Punk said:
(edit: Mid-year holis are the plan, Axxo!)

Cool; I don't think I'll be leaving Melbourne then. Unless we do the Great Interference Ocean Roadtrip. :wink:

Hey Ali! :wave:

Varitek said:
i thought it was funny. they didn't ask him any hard hitting questions about say the new album, so they fail as journalists, but i dunno if they'd ever claim to be journalists to begin with.

Goddamnit. Why do journalists almost never ask the band worthwhile questions? Most of the time, it's just safe bullshit and pointless pandering. I don't think I'll waste my time listening then.

Varitek said:

aren't you in uni? you listen to your parents? and really assaulted? i have spent my entire life in cities, dangerous scary american cities, and never been assaulted, and i'm a woman.

Yes, yes and yes.

I do listen to my parents - they've led me pretty well thus far, and I'm not about to stop. Plus, it's just disrespectful not to, and they always have good rationales behind their decisions. Plus, I'm Asian.

There've been gangs of idiot kids roaming Melbourne city at night or in the early morning over the last 6 months beating up anyone who isn't one of "theirs". By that meaning white trash from the outer suburbs. They seem to target Asians/Africans in particular.

So, I'm not too mad about going in. Like, I may be a practicing martial artist and all, but what's that gonna do against a large group of drunken racist kids?

major_panic said:
I don't really want to be hanging around the city past midnight on a Thursday; that's just asking to be assaulted.

Yeah, but this is Melbourne, not Sydney. I've walked around sidestreets in St Kilda at midnight, from Flinders Street via Market Street, Flinders Lane, and William Street to Bourke Street at 1am, and Sydney Road to Melville Road in Brunswick at 2am and barely encountered a soul, let alone anybody who threatened me harm.

And you, Maj. Panic, would own anybody with your martial arts skills. What would I do? Recite setlists and hope they die of boredom?

Axver said:

Cool; I don't think I'll be leaving Melbourne then. Unless we do the Great Interference Ocean Roadtrip. :wink:

MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR feat muffins, iced chocolates, sex, drugs, rock & roll; and, introducing the new headline act Phail:

Featuring bono_man2002 on vocals, Axver on guitar, Alisaura on bass and major_panic on drums, this group plumbs deep into uncharted musical territory. Providing a sense of musical adventure that reaches beyond the norm, they are truly an act to behold.

(ie. we're probably gonna reach new levels of phail)

Axver said:

And you, Maj. Panic, would own anybody with your martial arts skills. What would I do? Recite setlists and hope they die of boredom?

:lol:

Provide a distraction Chris Tucker-style!

Seriously though, I'd not take on a group with more than four people. That's just suicide.

Besides, the racist drunken white trash kids roaming the city at nights - surely you've heard about them?

Axver said:

What would I do? Recite setlists and hope they die of boredom?

:laugh:

ok i just hit 5600, off to do something with myself. i might be around later today but not tonight; i think i'm spending the night with the republican.

major_panic said:
Plus, I'm Asian.

Oh, yes, I forgot about this. I'm as white as they come, what with being an albino and all. The racist cunts would probably give me a sieg heil.

I never really think in terms of race, it's not something that enters my mind at all (I don't see why it should!), but that's probably got something to do with the fact I happen to be in a rather privileged position and don't actually need to worry about being personally harmed due to race-related issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom