Vrbno pod Pradědem Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I too am trying to recover from walking too much, and I'm also heating up some McCain's pizza.

Portishead, eh? They never did a lot for me, same - but Machine Gun is also the name of a fine Slowdive song, so :up:

I don't think I ever listened to their first album properly.

The new one is okay. As I said, they're nothing special to me.....machine gun was great. but the rest was average......from first listen.

Heh, I'm with Saddo on Machine Gun. Slowdive are pretty sweet.

Ride for the fucking win, though.

good on you for walking axe, ive been running lately, legs YIKES painful ,

just back from belly dance class, feeling a wee bit dodgy tonight so it might not be a late one

Heh, I'm with Saddo on Machine Gun. Slowdive are pretty sweet.

Ride for the fucking win, though.

Yeah, I love Ride too, but as far as I'm concerned, Ride and Slowdive both for the fucking win. Souvlaki Space Station and Here and Now are both tied for the awesome.

major_panic said:

Tramophile. :tsk:

:wink:

:lol: Only about 10-15 of them are trams or trains. Most of them were at the zoo! But bloody hell, those meerkats, red pandas, and blue penguins are FAST. You've just got to keep photographing and photographing in the hope some shots turn out ...

The Sad Punk said:

Yeah, I love Ride too, but as far as I'm concerned, Ride and Slowdive both for the fucking win. Souvlaki Space Station and Here and Now are both tied for the awesome.

As a whole, I haven't really taken to the Souvlaki album nearly as much as I have to Nowhere. Nowhere is one of my favourite albums of all time. It's just so fucking good all the way through.

The Sad Punk said:
Blue penguins?

:love:

Show!

I'm still transferring the photos to my computer! It's taking bloody forever. And then going through them to find what's worthwhile is going to be a bit of an effort ...!

I never knew I could take so many photos in one day of anything non-railway related.

You should listen to Souvlaki more. There's a couple of dullish tracks like Here She Comes, Sing and Altogether - but the rest is fantastic. SSS still blows my mind like it's the first time, even though I've been listening to it for a few years now.

let me be clear. it may not be unusual for me to be awake at 5:45, it is unusual for me to have woken up at 5:45 after getting 7 hours of sleep.

the bono on the radio show thing is hilarious.

i fell asleep like 20 minutes into wim wender's the sky over berlin last night. i'm fighting with myself over whether i should resume it, go back to sleep, or try to do some work.

The Sad Punk said:
You should listen to Souvlaki more. There's a couple of dullish tracks like Here She Comes, Sing and Altogether - but the rest is fantastic. SSS still blows my mind like it's the first time, even though I've been listening to it for a few years now.

I love the opening trio of Alison/Machine Gun/40 Days, but after that, Sing and Here She Comes put me off and I rarely advance through the rest of the album. I know, I should ...

Varitek said:
hey sad punk! i don't think I know your name...

and I LOOOOOVE your location!

Thanks! The name's Bonnie, by the way. I do to an extent prefer it over 'Saddo', but I'm honestly not fussed.

I love the opening trio of Alison/Machine Gun/40 Days, but after that, Sing and Here She Comes put me off and I rarely advance through the rest of the album. I know, I should ...

Absolutely understood, I used to feel the same.

bonos hair is criminally gorgeous .

The mane worked. Which reminds me, I bought a twenty year old Rolling Stone today for a few bucks, and there's a picture of Bono and Ali at the Grammys, I'll probably scan it for Pleba.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom