Vrbno pod Pradědem Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
gluey said:

I want to vomit every time I see it. Sad thing is that we have two friends who idolise it and can't miss any episode, and always go and see them when they're in NZ :tsk:.....sad, truly sad. And how can grown men/woman honestly do that shit to themselves......

I remember one of my friends used to enjoy it ... when he was a 13 year old! I'm shocked anybody over 15 years old has any interest in that silly shit.

Axver said:

I remember one of my friends used to enjoy it ... when he was a 13 year old! I'm shocked anybody over 15 years old has any interest in that silly shit.

My friends are 29 and their level of enthusiasm is seriously disturbing.

gluey said:

My friends are 29 and their level of enthusiasm is seriously disturbing.

Did they not graduate high school or something? :wink:

gluey said:

No but the pot started making alarming noises :yikes: and my house now stinks.

:lol:

My mother once blew up some eggs she had on the boil. She went upstairs to do something briefly, then got distracted and became engrossed in something until both her and I heard this loud bang downstairs. "What the hell was that?" "A door must've slammed" ... I went back to my computer, Mum went back to her sewing ... then thirty seconds later, she exlaims "OH SHIT, MY EGGS!" She bolted downstairs, to find the pot was seriously burnt and bits of egg were splattered all over the kitchen, the roof, even onto the couches in the lounge ... it was so bloody funny at the time. I haven't let her live it down.

Axver said:

:lol:

My mother once blew up some eggs she had on the boil. She went upstairs to do something briefly, then got distracted and became engrossed in something until both her and I heard this loud bang downstairs. "What the hell was that?" "A door must've slammed" ... I went back to my computer, Mum went back to her sewing ... then thirty seconds later, she exlaims "OH SHIT, MY EGGS!" She bolted downstairs, to find the pot was seriously burnt and bits of egg were splattered all over the kitchen, the roof, even onto the couches in the lounge ... it was so bloody funny at the time. I haven't let her live it down.

:lmao: Now THAT is impressive!!! :applaud:

gluey said:

They're from Waiuku. The laughing stock of Franklin. :lol: Says it all really.

Ahh, of course. I've heard stories ... :wink:

Though I hear the Glenbrook Vintage Railway out that way on the old Waiuku branch line is really worthwhile. The only thing going for that part of the world?

Axver said:

Ahh, of course. I've heard stories ... :wink:

Though I hear the Glenbrook Vintage Railway out that way on the old Waiuku branch line is really worthwhile. The only thing going for that part of the world?

Yeah, it's ok, you'll love it no doubt :wink: It takes you on the steam train, along to their old workshop. The kids love it.

gluey said:

Yeah, it's ok, you'll love it no doubt :wink: It takes you on the steam train, along to their old workshop. The kids love it.

Oooh, sounds awesome. Though I'm personally pretty partial to Steam Inc. in Paekakariki outside Wellington with their mainline excursions. :drool:

Axver said:

Oooh, sounds awesome. Though I'm personally pretty partial to Steam Inc. in Paekakariki outside Wellington with their mainline excursions. :drool:

Is that the one that goes up and down the north island? I grew up in South Auckland and remember many a morning hearing the old steam engine going past. It comes past where I live now sometimes, but I never hear it....

gluey said:

Is that the one that goes up and down the north island? I grew up in South Auckland and remember many a morning hearing the old steam engine going past. It comes past where I live now sometimes, but I never hear it....

Up your end of the island, Mainline Steam (who are associated with Glenbrook) do the majority of the stuff on the regular network. Steam Inc.'s trains sometimes get that far up though. I remember recently they ran the first steam train to run between Wellington and Auckland in a day since the 1960s.

I'm out too, off to dinner. See you folks in a couple of hours. :wave:

mysterious_jen said:
hai thread :kiss:

how is everyone?

i am tired, late one bouncing off the walls last nite ... ugly morning :wink:

:wave:

I'm back too...from actually doing some work today, now I'm Home.

Got Tix for Friday @ 8:30 and Saturday @ 4pm for U2 3d :hyper:

How are you?

I don't believe what I just did. For those of you familiar with Brunswick, I just walked from Sydney Road along Dawson Street and then up Melville Road all the way to Albion Street. Now, I am a very fast walker - those of you who know me in person may have noticed how fast I walk. I did the walk in under 30 minutes - I think it would take 45 for most people.

Well, I felt bloated after a very delicious dinner, but I just managed to walk it off - and got tram photos along the way! :up:

Now I think I won't move for the next three days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom