Vrbno pod Pradědem Superthread - Page 51 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-13-2008, 07:22 AM   #751
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 09:45 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by mysterious_jen

last time i did shifting paradigms it was on disability models, not something super cool like terrorism.
I'd tell you how awesome the course is, except that I haven't been to any of the lectures or classes yet.

Old 03-13-2008, 07:22 AM   #752
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:15 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver
Re: U2 3D, it will take all of my faculties of logic to convince myself that I really don't need to bring my notepad to write down the setlist.

I must look so weird at concerts with my notepad out.

if i see you with a notepad .......................

i will bring out my spankin hand ! we are there for fun not nerdiness ok ! (well all right we are all super fucking nerds but you know what i mean )

Old 03-13-2008, 07:24 AM   #753
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:

Yep. Really cool American guy who, amongst other things, worked on intelligence briefings for very high ranking US government officials (I think including the President; I'm certain he said the Vice-President) before quitting in disgust. One reason for his disgust was that he poured so much time and energy into identifying all the important information, while various officials would just cherry-pick and distort information that suited their preconceived ideas and threw everything else in the bin, and he didn't like his work being so misused.

I was having some Barossa cabernet sauvignon earlier. I've also got some merlot here, and some white, though I forget precisely what.
Oh yeah, that's SuperWin material all right. Incidentally, you do realise that we're gonna spurt that word out during a tute and get weird looks all around, right? That and epic phail, or phail collins.

Barossa cabernet sauvignon sounds good to me, although it seems a bit hot for a red; I'd go a dryish white myself.
Old 03-13-2008, 07:24 AM   #754
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 10:45 PM
Quote:
shifitng paradigms on terrorism , is that through history or current?

last time i did shifting paradigms it was on disability models, not something super cool like terrorism.
The subject title is inspired by the rather dramatic shift in terrorism (and by extension the frameworks for understanding it) from the 1980s to today, e.g. its increased lethality, changing uses and purposes of terrorism as a political tool, and its rise in the international order to the point that it defines the post-Cold War system.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-13-2008, 07:26 AM   #755
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

The subject title is inspired by the rather dramatic shift in terrorism (and by extension the frameworks for understanding it) from the 1980s to today, e.g. its increased lethality, changing uses and purposes of terrorism as a political tool, and its rise in the international order to the point that it defines the post-Cold War system.

ooooh i love that sorta shit .

and war history too ....
Old 03-13-2008, 07:27 AM   #756
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by major_panic
Oh yeah, that's SuperWin material all right. Incidentally, you do realise that we're gonna spurt that word out during a tute and get weird looks all around, right? That and epic phail, or phail collins.

Barossa cabernet sauvignon sounds good to me, although it seems a bit hot for a red; I'd go a dryish white myself.
I know. I've already used SuperWin offline, when I was flogging Mum and Alan at Monopoly a couple of nights ago.

Unfortunately, you won't get to meet our tutor for three weeks. The lecturer, Mohammed, is taking the tute next week, and then we've got the Easter break.

I just felt like a red, not to mention the fact that I haven't opened the white yet while both bottles of red are open. Now I wish I had some crackers here. I've got cheese and olives, but no crackers! WTF.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-13-2008, 07:28 AM   #757
Vocal parasite

Quote:

if i see you with a notepad .......................

i will bring out my spankin hand ! we are there for fun not nerdiness ok ! (well all right we are all super fucking nerds but you know what i mean )
Then I should bring my notepad then, eh?

And c'mon, nerdiness = fun!

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-13-2008, 07:28 AM   #758
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:

I know. I've already used SuperWin offline, when I was flogging Mum and Alan at Monopoly a couple of nights ago.

Unfortunately, you won't get to meet our tutor for three weeks. The lecturer, Mohammed, is taking the tute next week, and then we've got the Easter break.

I just felt like a red, not to mention the fact that I haven't opened the white yet while both bottles of red are open. Now I wish I had some crackers here. I've got cheese and olives, but no crackers! WTF.
I could use a bite to eat. Be back in a few mins, gonna look for some food. I've also got to tell you about what I had for dinner.
Old 03-13-2008, 07:29 AM   #759
Vocal parasite

Quote:
I've also got to tell you about what I had for dinner.
Dog?

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-13-2008, 07:31 AM   #760
Vocal parasite

Quote:

ooooh i love that sorta shit .

and war history too ....
I've already done some work on this stuff in the History faculty last year, while this is offered by the PolSci faculty so it'll be interesting to get the political theoretical approach.

Oh, and Maj., our course reader is thick. Disturbingly thick. The thickest reader I've ever had, and readers never come thin in History or PolSci. The fucker's over $50 and could kill somebody if you dropped it on their head!

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-13-2008, 07:34 AM   #761
Blue Crack Addict

$50 bucks for a reader ? GTFO !

always got em free and home delivered
off campus FTMF WIN !

and i am using win, superwin, phail and made of loss off line. yikes. but i like it .
Old 03-13-2008, 07:37 AM   #762
Vocal parasite

As far as I know, the only way to get the uni readers is through the uni bookshop. I've been told that they only charge production costs on readers and don't make a profit on them, but I have to wonder how the fuck it can cost that much to produce. It is some 700 A4 pages long, though ...

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-13-2008, 07:38 AM   #763
Vocal parasite

Oh, and I've been using "made of win", "owned", and such offline for a while. "SuperWin" is the first example of postwhorehouse slang that I've used offline, though.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-13-2008, 07:45 AM   #764
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Oh, and Maj., our course reader is thick. Disturbingly thick. The thickest reader I've ever had, and readers never come thin in History or PolSci. The fucker's over $50 and could kill somebody if you dropped it on their head!
Damn, I hate paying money for readers.

I went to go and get crackers and a dip / cheese, and I've ended up with an iced chocolate and microwave pasta!

Dinner was an Asian dish: curry laksa, which consists of two kinds of noodles, fishballs, chicken, vegetables and sambal (chilli paste) boiled in a spicy soup made of several different kinds of spices and coconut milk.
Old 03-13-2008, 07:48 AM   #765
Vocal parasite

Quote:

Damn, I hate paying money for readers.
But at least we don't have a textbook to worry about. I've only had to buy one textbook in my entire time at the University, heh.

Quote:
I went to go and get crackers and a dip / cheese, and I've ended up with an iced chocolate and microwave pasta!
Make me an iced chocolate too, please!

Actually, I think I'll go pour another glass of wine. I'm feeling nihilistic and sad this evening.

Quote:
Dinner was an Asian dish: curry laksa, which consists of two kinds of noodles, fishballs, chicken, vegetables and sambal (chilli paste) boiled in a spicy soup made of several different kinds of spices and coconut milk.
Take out the fishballs and coconut milk so that I can actually eat it, and that sounds really awesome.

Gig pictures | Blog

Tags
superthread