Vrbno pod Pradědem Superthread - Page 29 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-12-2008, 08:30 AM   #421
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 10:56 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver
They're all dead, Dave.

THEY'RE ALL DEAD, DAVE.
You watched it, then...

"Everybody's dead, Dave. Dave, everbody's dead; everybody is dead, everybody is dead, Dave!"

Old 03-12-2008, 08:30 AM   #422
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Alisaura
[B]
Me neither! and I'm 29....

My current theory is to have a job that I don't hate (ie, can put up with long term), and that enables me to have the time and money to do what I want ... ie; travel, whatever.

I don't think I'm one of those people with all that drive and ambition who struggles their arse off to land their dream job, even if I knew what that might be.
Go Us!

To be honest, And Most People In my life don't know this, I took the job I was given almost a year ago (It'll be a year ago in May)....because I felt forced too.

Ok, So my parent's are friends with one of the guys who work there, and offered my some work experience. I thought It was okay. Barely any IT work, but it was okay.

So I do my few days work experience and then about a month later they ask me back full time. I'd be crazy not to take it right?....At the time yes......purely for the fact I needed money, and something to get my parent's off my back.

I thought about it for a few sleepless nights and decided to take it. I thought I'd give it a shot to see how things plan out.

All was pretty alright working there , expect what small amount of brain capacity I have still struggles with the whole engineering/surveying thing. I don't know if I have a learning disorder or something.....they are now talking about sending me off to do a Bacholer in Engineering. Its all too much for me too soon.

The course doesn't start till the beginning of next year, so Have a few months to give them notice if I will leave the crew.

But as someone who's never been great at study, (I think I caught some of Dad's dyslexicness) and as I said earlier taking things in, I'm wondering if its going to be waste of my and the company's time I often wonder if this is why I don't sleep well.

Quote:
When Bono went on Denton's show and told everyone there would be an announcement the next day, and then there was nothing, I finally learned that one should not believe anything that comes out of Bono's mouth in an interview.
Especially if he's .

Man, that feels like centuries ago!!

Quote:
I know!! Maybe there aren't as many of them about, and the shop owners keep thinking they're worth more... or else some puddings out there keep buying them at $55 and so the shop owners can get away with charging that much.

Economics FTL.
I'm gather things are much better for you now though?, with your Job and life ect?....

and Economics FTBFL!

Old 03-12-2008, 08:31 AM   #423
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:26 PM
Quote:
[B]

A moa is pure Kiwi awesomeness. Fuck kangaroos and koalas. New Zealand did weird animals even better. Just like everything, really ...

Yeah, I just copied all those from the first site I saw, but whatever, they're all boss as fuck Australian prehistoric critters that were too good to rock NZ.

By the way, that was a moamentous effort on the macro.
Old 03-12-2008, 08:31 AM   #424
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by major_panic
Just like the wrestling you lot were talking about earlier in the thread. I can't believe people actually pay money to go and watch that. You'd get a much better show throwing a bottle at someone in a pub in Melbourne or Dublin.
Whenever I've had the misfortune to see gridiron, I find it more interesting to observe the rate of growth in the grass, or perhaps to note the speed at which the paint of the line markings is drying ...

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-12-2008, 08:31 AM   #425
Blue Crack Addict

That Transition of Bad->Streets on the Boston DVD
Old 03-12-2008, 08:35 AM   #426
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by Alisaura

You watched it, then...

"Everybody's dead, Dave. Dave, everbody's dead; everybody is dead, everybody is dead, Dave!"

I enjoyed that. I was just pissed that I couldn't seem to find any full episodes on YouTube. Or ... wait, I think I could find a couple from later series, but I want to see the first one, well, first!

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-12-2008, 08:36 AM   #427
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 09:56 PM
Quote:

I enjoyed that. I was just pissed that I couldn't seem to find any full episodes on YouTube. Or ... wait, I think I could find a couple from later series, but I want to see the first one, well, first!
I have no idea what you people are talking about. I need to watch more TV, it seems.
Old 03-12-2008, 08:37 AM   #428
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:26 PM
I think it's Star Trek.

Nerds.
Old 03-12-2008, 08:38 AM   #429
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:

Whenever I've had the misfortune to see gridiron, I find it more interesting to observe the rate of growth in the grass, or perhaps to note the speed at which the paint of the line markings is drying ...
The only thing funnier than gridiron is the shows they make about the game. Yes, I used "game", not "sport".

I mean, Waterboy FTW, but all the others are just epic phailures.
Old 03-12-2008, 08:38 AM   #430
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by The Sad Punk
I think it's Star Trek.

Nerds.
Have not seen a second of Star Trek in my entire life.
Old 03-12-2008, 08:38 AM   #431
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by The Sad Punk

Woah, what the hell is this?! That's awesome.

And the Haast's eagle and moa made it out of prehistory. New Zealand for the win!

Quote:
By the way, that was a moamentous effort on the macro.
Thanks!

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-12-2008, 08:38 AM   #432
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by bono_man2002
That Transition of Bad->Streets on the Boston DVD
Now you make me want to go and watch the Boston DVD. I can't afford $55!

I have seen Edge slamming his guitar though, that's great.
Old 03-12-2008, 08:40 AM   #433
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by bono_man2002

Have not seen a second of Star Trek in my entire life.
I've seen about thirty seconds. I've no interest in pure sci-fi. The only sci-fi I've really enjoyed is comedy that happens to use elements of sci-fi, like the Hitch-Hiker's Guide To The Galaxy. In this case, we're talking about Red Dward, which Ali loves and which I need to see more of.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-12-2008, 08:40 AM   #434
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by major_panic
I have no idea what you people are talking about. I need to watch more TV, it seems.
Red Dwarf, actually...

Extremely awesome British sci-fi/comedy series, at least until it got weird after season six.

Do you have a non-academic library at Melbourne Uni? I'm sure the JML would have RD DVDs to borrow...
Old 03-12-2008, 08:41 AM   #435
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Completely unrelated to anything, but damn, my Desert Island mix is lacking something. I just don't have a ridiculous amount of music by different artists like most of you lot do! It's also pretty short, only 1:46:33.

Ah well, I managed to close it with LIB. Take that, everyone involved!

Tags
superthread