Vrbno pod Pradědem Superthread - Page 25 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-12-2008, 07:36 AM   #361
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 09:05 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by bono_man2002
I was on a high till the end of the tour I think. 2006 for me was a mostly wasted, and bad year for me. It's a bit of a long story. But U2 topped off a fucking fantastic ending to the year.

I don't think I was really aware of it at the time, but I'd been having a pretty shitty time through '05 and '06, in an understated, non-dramatic sort of way. Those shows were a revelation... and kind of a turning point. And last year I had my trip, which I'd been planning for a year, as well... I paid for the plane ticket the same week of the concerts here. Thank god for birthday money or I'd never have survived November '06, financially speaking!

And I found my way back to the blue crack, too

Whatever it was, I think things started getting better after the shows.

..... *doesn't have the Boston DVD yet*
Every time I see it in a shop it's like $55, and I can never quite justify spending that much at the time....

Mind you, if I'm paying $70 to see a band I'd never heard of a month ago, maybe I should reassess that.

Old 03-12-2008, 07:36 AM   #362
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Hehe.

Most of the guys I work with think I'm crazying for seeing U2 7 times in America, and then even just twice in Australia.

C'mon!, Nobody understands the U2 freak within!....embrace the U2 Freak!

I tend to downplay the fact I saw 10 shows and run U2VT. My resume says that I run a website with over 7,000 daily visitors, but does not mention what the website is about! I fear "a U2 setlist archive" would put potential employers off!

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-12-2008, 07:36 AM   #363
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:35 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver
I'm sorry, but ! Could be worse - I remember reading about a guy on my native Kapiti Coast who was just riding his bike down the road when a magpie attacked him and ripped his nose off.

I read that when I was about eight and I've been wary of magpies ever since.
Holy god! I didn't know they were even capable of that.

Luckily, I'm actually pretty good pals with most of the magpies back on my street in my hometown. At least one large family comes to our backyard everyday and we feed them catfood. They've done this for a few years now, and I haven't been swooped in that area once since.
Old 03-12-2008, 07:37 AM   #364
Vocal parasite

Quote:

Oucch!
I bet that guy won't be joining you in supporting Collingwood.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-12-2008, 07:38 AM   #365
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
As I was sending it, I was wondering what you made of my little comments along the way to everybody else, all of whom were there, like about how the next song is "Flower Child - they've simply got to realise this is fake now!"
I was basically thinking "What, people actually think this is real?!?!"

Old 03-12-2008, 07:40 AM   #366
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

I bet that guy won't be joining you in supporting Collingwood.
I was going to make that joke, But I remembed I'm lame enough
Old 03-12-2008, 07:40 AM   #367
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by major_panic
All I learned about them in high school was how they'd been subjugated. Nothing really about their culture, lifestyle, anything.
Yep. "Some Europeans rocked up. The Aborigines caught diseases off them. They tried to protect their land but got shot. Now let's learn the names of the earliest Governors!"

Quote:
And man, the Liechtenstein stuff, I laughed so hard when I first opened the thread after it'd been locked. I still can't believe people actually fell for it.
I KNOW. "I red it on teh Intarwebz, so it must be tr00!!!1!1!!11onetreehillwasplayed" Seriously, people, use your critical faculties! 11 O'clock Tick Tock, The Unforgettable Fire, Flower Child, Mercy, Exit, Please, Seconds?! Save The Whalers?! KUNSTMUSEUM LIECHTENSTEIN?!

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-12-2008, 07:42 AM   #368
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by major_panic

And you people think that Asian, Aboriginal and African people eat weird stuff...

So, what weird stuff do you plan to introduce me to?

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-12-2008, 07:45 AM   #369
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:35 AM
I just opened the Lichtenstein thread, 'cause I never actually read the whole thing (). But then I also opened that Drugs thread, since it was right next to it, and now I'm reading that instead. What a great time that was in EYKIW, no matter how brief.
Old 03-12-2008, 07:45 AM   #370
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by The Sad Punk
Luckily, I'm actually pretty good pals with most of the magpies back on my street in my hometown. At least one large family comes to our backyard everyday and we feed them catfood. They've done this for a few years now, and I haven't been swooped in that area once since.
That's pretty cool! I love magpies, and birds in general... dad gave me a book about the magpie recently and it's really interesting. I saw two of them in C'maine doing the face-off thing an inch apart, warbling in each others' faces on some invisible territorial boundary line...

I never saw any magpies in our back yard here until a week ago! I was so happy to see them
I will always be impressed by a creature than can HEAR WORMS MOVING UNDERGROUND, especially while being so close to a major road.
Old 03-12-2008, 07:45 AM   #371
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by Alisaura
..... *doesn't have the Boston DVD yet*
Every time I see it in a shop it's like $55, and I can never quite justify spending that much at the time....

Mind you, if I'm paying $70 to see a band I'd never heard of a month ago, maybe I should reassess that.

There's a difference though - $55 for a DVD is a ripoff, while $70 for a gig isn't! Hell, I could just burn the Boston DVD for you if you want.

And if I can crack any copy protection it's likely to have ...

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-12-2008, 07:46 AM   #372
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
I KNOW. "I red it on teh Intarwebz, so it must be tr00!!!1!1!!11onetreehillwasplayed" Seriously, people, use your critical faculties! 11 O'clock Tick Tock, The Unforgettable Fire, Flower Child, Mercy, Exit, Please, Seconds?! Save The Whalers?! KUNSTMUSEUM LIECHTENSTEIN?!
Breathe, Ax....
That's gonna wind you up for months, isn't it... at least until the new album
Old 03-12-2008, 07:46 AM   #373
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 08:05 AM
Quote:

So, what weird stuff do you plan to introduce me to?
I personally don't and haven't really eaten much weird stuff - the weirdest you'll get is probably some extremelly spicy beef, or similar.

Actually for everyone here, I'd recommend getting Szechuan cold sliced beef in chilli. It's absolutely amazingly awesome.

Although I have eaten pigeons, snake, snails and frogs. But French people eat them anyway, so
Old 03-12-2008, 07:48 AM   #374
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 08:05 AM
Quote:

I don't think I was really aware of it at the time, but I'd been having a pretty shitty time through '05 and '06, in an understated, non-dramatic sort of way. Those shows were a revelation... and kind of a turning point. And last year I had my trip, which I'd been planning for a year, as well... I paid for the plane ticket the same week of the concerts here. Thank god for birthday money or I'd never have survived November '06, financially speaking!

And I found my way back to the blue crack, too

Whatever it was, I think things started getting better after the shows.

Absolutely! It was quite easily the single greatest way for me to get over the stress of final high school exams and the grief of leaving all my friends.
Old 03-12-2008, 07:48 AM   #375
Vocal parasite

Quote:

I was basically thinking "What, people actually think this is real?!?!"

You and the rest of us! I still just cannot believe that thing went on as long as it did. Just ... wow.

I've learnt my lesson: however gullible I expect people to be, they are 10x moreso!

Gig pictures | Blog

Tags
superthread