Vrbno pod Pradědem Superthread - Page 24 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-12-2008, 07:20 AM   #346
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:43 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Alisaura

Yeah, I know You just reminded me that I hadn't read it all yet...
And I keep meaning to go and read the parties for the shows I was at.

Ax was sending me the set via email at work for Lichtenstein... I kept chuckling away to myself and deflecting questions from my colleagues... they just wouldn't understand...
Hehe.

Most of the guys I work with think I'm crazying for seeing U2 7 times in America, and then even just twice in Australia.

C'mon!, Nobody understands the U2 freak within!....embrace the U2 Freak!

Old 03-12-2008, 07:21 AM   #347
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by major_panic
Where are they, anyway? I'm trying to find the one for the show that I was at.
There's a whole forum about the Vertigo Tour, I think... it's been locked but it should be still up here somewhere.

*goes hunting*

Old 03-12-2008, 07:24 AM   #348
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by bono_man2002
Most of the guys I work with think I'm crazying for seeing U2 7 times in America, and then even just twice in Australia.

C'mon!, Nobody understands the U2 freak within!....embrace the U2 Freak!
The people at work thought I was mad for going to both Melbourne shows... then I told them about people I knew who saw all the Australian shows and then some overseas... There's fans, and then there's FANS.

And then the freaks, as you say...

Then when I came back to work after the concert weekend, and they all asked me how it was... I was on such a high for at least a week afterwards.

*nostalgia*
Old 03-12-2008, 07:25 AM   #349
Blue Crack Addict

Tis just under "Peeling off Those Dollar Bills"
Old 03-12-2008, 07:25 AM   #350
Vocal parasite

I'm back!

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-12-2008, 07:27 AM   #351
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by major_panic

I've not actually read that thread either, just hung around and watched the aftermath. I'm still peeved that I missed it!

Man, having a real life kinda sucks.
You and Ali really need to read the Liechtenstein stuff. What a thread ...!

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-12-2008, 07:28 AM   #352
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

The people at work thought I was mad for going to both Melbourne shows... then I told them about people I knew who saw all the Australian shows and then some overseas... There's fans, and then there's FANS.

And then the freaks, as you say...

Then when I came back to work after the concert weekend, and they all asked me how it was... I was on such a high for at least a week afterwards.

*nostalgia*
I was on a high till the end of the tour I think. 2006 for me was a mostly wasted, and bad year for me. It's a bit of a long story. But U2 topped off a fucking fantastic ending to the year.

I wish I could go back, just great times, I can't wait for them to come back.

and Welcome back Ax!
Old 03-12-2008, 07:28 AM   #353
Blue Crack Supplier

The last Hawaii setlist party is right at the bottom of page 3 in the General Discussion area of the Vertigo Tour Central forum...

http://forum.interference.com/forumd...0&pagenumber=3

I anticipate much searching through there!
Old 03-12-2008, 07:29 AM   #354
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by The Sad Punk
I guess it may have been different if you lived in the city, but in primary school we'd occasionally be visited by Aboriginal speakers that taught us about the Dreamtime, let us play with boomerangs and other cool stuff, and attempt their dot style painting. We even had an excursion to an assorted lot of historically and mythologically important areas of the local Narrunga people.

But after primary, this just didn't seem important to our school. We didn't learn much about the actual history of what occurred, bar perhaps a short discussion during a Society lesson.
Wow, that sounds like it would've at least been decent. I actually did more on the Aborigines in New Zealand than in Australia! In about standard two or three (when I was eight or nine), a traditional Aboriginal dance troupe or something along those lines toured New Zealand and visited my school. So we saw their show and did various activities related to the culture. I was actually more conscious of the existence of the Aborigines in New Zealand than I was in Australia. Unbe-fucking-lievable, I know.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-12-2008, 07:30 AM   #355
Blue Crack Addict

Until The End Of The Mother Fucking World From Boston
Old 03-12-2008, 07:32 AM   #356
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Emu tastes good
SHIT YES.

At my father's fiftieth, emu was one of the dishes served. Wow, that was some of the best meat I've ever eaten.

Quote:
Then a magpie swooped me on the way back to the bus.

Why do birds hate me so?
I'm sorry, but ! Could be worse - I remember reading about a guy on my native Kapiti Coast who was just riding his bike down the road when a magpie attacked him and ripped his nose off.

I read that when I was about eight and I've been wary of magpies ever since.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-12-2008, 07:33 AM   #357
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Axver
I'm sorry, but ! Could be worse - I remember reading about a guy on my native Kapiti Coast who was just riding his bike down the road when a magpie attacked him and ripped his nose off.

I read that when I was about eight and I've been wary of magpies ever since.

Oucch!
Old 03-12-2008, 07:34 AM   #358
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 07:43 AM
Quote:

Wow, that sounds like it would've at least been decent. I actually did more on the Aborigines in New Zealand than in Australia! In about standard two or three (when I was eight or nine), a traditional Aboriginal dance troupe or something along those lines toured New Zealand and visited my school. So we saw their show and did various activities related to the culture. I was actually more conscious of the existence of the Aborigines in New Zealand than I was in Australia. Unbe-fucking-lievable, I know.
All I learned about them in high school was how they'd been subjugated. Nothing really about their culture, lifestyle, anything.

And man, the Liechtenstein stuff, I laughed so hard when I first opened the thread after it'd been locked. I still can't believe people actually fell for it.
Old 03-12-2008, 07:34 AM   #359
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Ax was sending me the set via email at work for Lichtenstein... I kept chuckling away to myself and deflecting questions from my colleagues... they just wouldn't understand...
As I was sending it, I was wondering what you made of my little comments along the way to everybody else, all of whom were there, like about how the next song is "Flower Child - they've simply got to realise this is fake now!"

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-12-2008, 07:35 AM   #360
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 07:43 AM
Quote:

SHIT YES.

At my father's fiftieth, emu was one of the dishes served. Wow, that was some of the best meat I've ever eaten.
And you people think that Asian, Aboriginal and African people eat weird stuff...

Tags
superthread