Vrbno pod Pradědem Superthread - Page 22 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-12-2008, 06:53 AM   #316
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by bono_man2002

Who Knows where we will all be in a year. I just really want the album to hurry up, or at least a single ....or a 3 second clip of the first single

first single relase DIES

no line on the horizon anyone ???

Old 03-12-2008, 06:54 AM   #317
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:32 AM
Wow, this thread grew up a few pages while I was doing some other stuff.

Quote:
Oh, that's right, because nobody fucking cares about the Aborigines. I sincerely hate to think what other countries in the world are like when Australia, with the third highest living standards in the world (beaten only by Norway and Iceland), treats its indigenous population like absolute SHIT, condemning them to social marginalisation and economic conditions worse than some third world countries.

/tangentrant
I hear you, I seriously want to do some work with Aboriginal communities when I'm a bit older. I always wanted to do the same with native Americans too. I just have a complete utmost respect for remaining indigenous people in such massively colonized lands.

-=THIS DIDN'T TURN INTO A RANT.=-

Old 03-12-2008, 06:54 AM   #318
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by mysterious_jen
aboriginal studies are part of all primary school and high school curriculums now.
When did this happen? Must be pretty damn recent, as we did sweet fuck-all. I think the only time the Aborigines were mentioned in all of my time at high school was during grade ten Modern History (an elective), and only in passing in a unit about the European colonisation of Australia.

But hey, I lived in Queensland, quite possibly the worst place for Aboriginal marginalisation and discrimination in the whole bloody country outside of Wilson Tuckey's electorate.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-12-2008, 06:55 AM   #319
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by mysterious_jen

first single relase DIES

no line on the horizon anyone ???
The whole U2:3D thing has put you on a U2 High too eh?

I'm watching the Milan DVD at the moment, It has been collecting dust since about December 2006.
Old 03-12-2008, 06:55 AM   #320
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 12:02 PM
Quote:

Who Knows where we will all be in a year. I just really want the album to hurry up, or at least a single ....or a 3 second clip of the first single
The only problem I'd have with a 3 second clip of the first single coming out would be the inevitable backlash that'd flow through EYKIW.

It'd just go nuts; one bloke'd point out how similar Bono's voice is to various half-a-second clips from obscure bootlegs, another'd go on and on asking for more information, another'd just spam things like "ZOMG TEH NEW ALBUM SOUNDS ROXXORZ!", another'd be complaining about the guitar and the quality of the clip and a couple would be talking up Bono's sneeze on TV to mean the new direction that U2 are taking.

Then someone'd compare it to Pop, and then about a billion threads about how the clip compares to every single song in the history of U2 would pop up.
Old 03-12-2008, 06:55 AM   #321
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by major_panic

I was gonna add on something about them, but I'd've gone off on a huge rant, so I didn't.

At least we've apologised, for what good that's done.
It shits me so much. I remember doing Maori culture and language in New Zealand and I loved it. I've some quite fond memories of those lessons.

I can't believe it took us so fucking long just to get to an apology. Hey, Howard? GFY, bitch.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-12-2008, 06:57 AM   #322
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by Axver
Oh, and Maj., before I go, one question: how are you going healthwise? Do you think you'll be well enough to make the lecture tomorrow?
I am, but I'm not gonna come in. I honestly don't want to risk it. I mean, I can walk, but by my normal standards I'm still pretty damned sick (can't run, jump, walk distances past about 1km, etc) and so I'm not sure I'd survive the hour-and-a-bit journey in to uni.
Old 03-12-2008, 06:57 AM   #323
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

The only problem I'd have with a 3 second clip of the first single coming out would be the inevitable backlash that'd flow through EYKIW.

It'd just go nuts; one bloke'd point out how similar Bono's voice is to various half-a-second clips from obscure bootlegs, another'd go on and on asking for more information, another'd just spam things like "ZOMG TEH NEW ALBUM SOUNDS ROXXORZ!", another'd be complaining about the guitar and the quality of the clip and a couple would be talking up Bono's sneeze on TV to mean the new direction that U2 are taking.

Then someone'd compare it to Pop, and then about a billion threads about how the clip compares to every single song in the history of U2 would pop up.

I think that's what happend with Vertigo, and then after not even a year of Everyone flogging HTDAAB we hated it.
Old 03-12-2008, 06:58 AM   #324
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:

It shits me so much. I remember doing Maori culture and language in New Zealand and I loved it. I've some quite fond memories of those lessons.

I can't believe it took us so fucking long just to get to an apology. Hey, Howard? GFY, bitch.
And he STILL thinks he was doing the right thing. Someone should go Chuck Norris on his arse.

I find Aboriginal culture and beliefs fascinating, especially the Dreamtime stuff. Pity I never really LEARNED ANYTHING ABOUT IT THANKS HOWARD.
Old 03-12-2008, 06:59 AM   #325
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:

I think that's what happend with Vertigo, and then after not even a year of Everyone flogging HTDAAB we hated it.
Awesome. I'll just wait for the first few threads titled "Bono said that the new single" and "Bono's voice now" and "Teh new album" to run then.

Old 03-12-2008, 07:00 AM   #326
Blue Crack Addict

Do you guys remember the day Vertigo got airplay on the radio for the first time?

and Nova and MMM were playing it at least once an hour!

it was the day before the 2004 AFL Grand Final, thats All I remember.......Good fucking times!
Old 03-12-2008, 07:00 AM   #327
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
We could play duelling solos! By which I mean you'll be coming in on a five second delay behind a wall of static while I try to remember which end to strum at.

... the thick end.

Didn't find drill-guitar guy, but I did spot some early Tripod

Old 03-12-2008, 07:00 AM   #328
Vocal parasite

Quote:

I am, but I'm not gonna come in. I honestly don't want to risk it. I mean, I can walk, but by my normal standards I'm still pretty damned sick (can't run, jump, walk distances past about 1km, etc) and so I'm not sure I'd survive the hour-and-a-bit journey in to uni.
Yeah, don't push yourself. That probably wouldn't be smart. I'll see you next week then, I hope! Don't go having a kidney removed or anything!

And now I really am out. See you folk in 20-25 minutes!

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-12-2008, 07:02 AM   #329
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

See ya in a while Ax!

@Ali: I don't think I'll be making it to the midnight screening, so you can probably free up the ticket Thanks for holding it for me though!
Old 03-12-2008, 07:02 AM   #330
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Alisaura

Watch me take on the Gloria solo... right before I get rushed to hospital with a critical finger/bass string tangling injury....

Tags
superthread