Vrbno pod Pradědem Superthread - Page 18 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-12-2008, 06:12 AM   #256
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by major_panic

Not yet

I don't really want to be hanging around the city past midnight on a Thursday; that's just asking to be assaulted. And my parents don't want me to either, so it looks like I can't make the midnight screening.
aren't you in uni? you listen to your parents? and really assaulted? i have spent my entire life in cities, dangerous scary american cities, and never been assaulted, and i'm a woman.

Old 03-12-2008, 06:14 AM   #257
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by The Sad Punk
I didn't really get much out of the interview, I mean it was okay if you're after anything in the new by the man, but I wasn't mad for it.

I think Jamila still did a though, if that means anything.
i thought it was funny. they didn't ask him any hard hitting questions about say the new album, so they fail as journalists, but i dunno if they'd ever claim to be journalists to begin with.

Old 03-12-2008, 06:15 AM   #258
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:20 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Varitek
wow, lots of people showed up in that last thread. poor showings from tourist, dalton, nsfw, and Ali
That stupid job of mine... ...

Quote:
Originally posted by unico
wow, yeah lots of new faces! that's awesome. i'm convinced Ali is my alter ego or something.

Well, you did get exactly twice as many posts as me in the last thread... that's gotta mean something....

Old 03-12-2008, 06:15 AM   #259
Vocal parasite

Quote:
(edit: Mid-year holis are the plan, Axxo!)
Cool; I don't think I'll be leaving Melbourne then. Unless we do the Great Interference Ocean Roadtrip.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-12-2008, 06:16 AM   #260
Vocal parasite

Hey Ali!

Quote:
i thought it was funny. they didn't ask him any hard hitting questions about say the new album, so they fail as journalists, but i dunno if they'd ever claim to be journalists to begin with.
Goddamnit. Why do journalists almost never ask the band worthwhile questions? Most of the time, it's just safe bullshit and pointless pandering. I don't think I'll waste my time listening then.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-12-2008, 06:16 AM   #261
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 03:20 AM
Quote:

aren't you in uni? you listen to your parents? and really assaulted? i have spent my entire life in cities, dangerous scary american cities, and never been assaulted, and i'm a woman.
Yes, yes and yes.

I do listen to my parents - they've led me pretty well thus far, and I'm not about to stop. Plus, it's just disrespectful not to, and they always have good rationales behind their decisions. Plus, I'm Asian.

There've been gangs of idiot kids roaming Melbourne city at night or in the early morning over the last 6 months beating up anyone who isn't one of "theirs". By that meaning white trash from the outer suburbs. They seem to target Asians/Africans in particular.

So, I'm not too mad about going in. Like, I may be a practicing martial artist and all, but what's that gonna do against a large group of drunken racist kids?
Old 03-12-2008, 06:16 AM   #262
Blue Crack Addict

so the one movie theater that's showing it is 20 minutes away by car. by bus, it would take me 1:30. I still might do it.
Old 03-12-2008, 06:18 AM   #263
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

At least I'm not punished via a forty foot lard arse.
trust me it was not punishment. if i'd been alone in the theater i totally would have grabbed it.

/pleba
Old 03-12-2008, 06:19 AM   #264
Vocal parasite

Quote:
I don't really want to be hanging around the city past midnight on a Thursday; that's just asking to be assaulted.
Yeah, but this is Melbourne, not Sydney. I've walked around sidestreets in St Kilda at midnight, from Flinders Street via Market Street, Flinders Lane, and William Street to Bourke Street at 1am, and Sydney Road to Melville Road in Brunswick at 2am and barely encountered a soul, let alone anybody who threatened me harm.

And you, Maj. Panic, would own anybody with your martial arts skills. What would I do? Recite setlists and hope they die of boredom?

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-12-2008, 06:19 AM   #265
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by Axver

Cool; I don't think I'll be leaving Melbourne then. Unless we do the Great Interference Ocean Roadtrip.
MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR feat muffins, iced chocolates, sex, drugs, rock & roll; and, introducing the new headline act Phail:

Featuring bono_man2002 on vocals, Axver on guitar, Alisaura on bass and major_panic on drums, this group plumbs deep into uncharted musical territory. Providing a sense of musical adventure that reaches beyond the norm, they are truly an act to behold.

(ie. we're probably gonna reach new levels of phail)
Old 03-12-2008, 06:20 AM   #266
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:50 AM
Quote:

trust me it was not punishment. if i'd been alone in the theater i totally would have grabbed it.

/pleba

WIN !

i dont konw if i will be able to help myself .

Old 03-12-2008, 06:21 AM   #267
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:

And you, Maj. Panic, would own anybody with your martial arts skills. What would I do? Recite setlists and hope they die of boredom?

Provide a distraction Chris Tucker-style!

Seriously though, I'd not take on a group with more than four people. That's just suicide.

Besides, the racist drunken white trash kids roaming the city at nights - surely you've heard about them?
Old 03-12-2008, 06:21 AM   #268
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

What would I do? Recite setlists and hope they die of boredom?

ok i just hit 5600, off to do something with myself. i might be around later today but not tonight; i think i'm spending the night with the republican.
Old 03-12-2008, 06:22 AM   #269
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:50 AM
i am the drunken racist white trash so you will be safe
Old 03-12-2008, 06:22 AM   #270
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Plus, I'm Asian.
Oh, yes, I forgot about this. I'm as white as they come, what with being an albino and all. The racist cunts would probably give me a sieg heil.

I never really think in terms of race, it's not something that enters my mind at all (I don't see why it should!), but that's probably got something to do with the fact I happen to be in a rather privileged position and don't actually need to worry about being personally harmed due to race-related issues.

Gig pictures | Blog

Tags
superthread