Vrbno pod Pradědem Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:
Yeah, I can't really identify any substantial differences, except that on this thread I swear a bit more than usual. Couldn't tell you why. I guess because I'm relaxed. Around my closest friends offline, I tend to swear a fair bit too.

I'm pretty through-and-through, I think, except that only one person in the history of ever has seen my two types of anger. I don't swear though; or at least I try to avoid it whenever possible :wink:

Alisaura said:
exti-megalaniagenyornis-l.jpg

Woah, that's just awesome. Or in the case of the guy on the left, a bit scary, in a "brings the lulz" kind of way!

polar_main_dec07_388.jpg

Southern Victoria was within the Antarctic Circle when dinosaurs were roaming about... and those little mammals were waiting their chance... :evil:

Good night, Daniel! :wave:

I probably won't be up too much longer either ...

major_panic said:

I'm pretty through-and-through, I think, except that only one person in the history of ever has seen my two types of anger. I don't swear though; or at least I try to avoid it whenever possible :wink:

Yeah, I noticed the lack of swearing - though you used 'arse' earlier this evening! I honestly wondered if I should tone it down for you, but you hadn't objected and it's kind of this thread's culture ...

Alisaura said:
Some of you may remember this collection of stamps from years back...

FigS4-2.gif

Peter Trusler :bow:

Oh, that was really cool! I might have that in my stamp collection, actually ...

Axver said:

Yeah, I noticed the lack of swearing - though you used 'arse' earlier this evening! I honestly wondered if I should tone it down for you, but you hadn't objected and it's kind of this thread's culture ...

Eh, I don't care if people swear. Why should what I believe get in the way of what you believe?

That being said, I do find it hilarious when people refuse to swear, then use substitute words like "flip" and "frack". Pansies.

"Muttaburrasaurus" reminds me of an Indian dish, "murtabak".

Curried mince beef and onions covered in a thin dough and pan-fried as a sort of flatbread.

:drool:

Alisaura said:
I have a feeling there's subtext there that I'm not getting... :uhoh:

major_panic said:
I still think it's some sorta euphemism... :shifty:

I'm certain of this. But I'm always the last to realise what the actual meaning is ...

Alisaura said:
Anyway, I only got 4 hours sleep last night and I can't do that twice in a row any more :wink:

Seeya folks! :wave: :hug:

... and here I was, thinking six hours was bad!

Have a good night, Ali! :wave:

Alisaura said:

Don't I wish! :lol:

Anyway, I only got 4 hours sleep last night and I can't do that twice in a row any more :wink:

Seeya folks! :wave: :hug:

See ya Ali! Have fun tomorrow! (or today, as the case may be :wink: )

major_panic said:
Eh, I don't care if people swear. Why should what I believe get in the way of what you believe?

That being said, I do find it hilarious when people refuse to swear, then use substitute words like "flip" and "frack". Pansies.

Cool. Kate and I used to sometimes argue over this. She didn't like it, and I avoided 'fuck' around her, but I point-blank refuse to even acknowledge 'shit' as a swear word. I see it as no worse than 'crap', and in terms of sound, it's better. Interestingly, my one friend who I would describe as a true fundie was always fine with me swearing. He was a good sport back when I was 14 and a couple of us tried our hardest to make him swear! :lol:

I love people - mainly Americans, it seems - who use stuff like "Goshdarnit" and "to heck with it". It means THE SAME FUCKING THING. Bloody hell, people, it's all about INTENT. Words are morally neutral. "That's fucking awesome" is no worse than "that's really amazingly awesome"; "go shove a fork in your eye" is no better than "go fuck yourself".

unico said:

I actually never thought about it until they said something. I just figured it was another silly dance craze.

Oh, well, that's possible too. Either way, I'm the last to know. I can be so out of touch sometimes.

unico said:

I actually never thought about it until they said something. I just figured it was another silly dance craze.

It probably is, but I have a habit of giving things layers when there normally aren't. Goes with reading the Bible and being a psychologist-in-training.

Axver said:

Cool. Kate and I used to sometimes argue over this. She didn't like it, and I avoided 'fuck' around her, but I point-blank refuse to even acknowledge 'shit' as a swear word. I see it as no worse than 'crap', and in terms of sound, it's better. Interestingly, my one friend who I would describe as a true fundie was always fine with me swearing. He was a good sport back when I was 14 and a couple of us tried our hardest to make him swear! :lol:

I love people - mainly Americans, it seems - who use stuff like "Goshdarnit" and "to heck with it". It means THE SAME FUCKING THING. Bloody hell, people, it's all about INTENT. Words are morally neutral. "That's fucking awesome" is no worse than "that's really amazingly awesome"; "go shove a fork in your eye" is no better than "go fuck yourself".

Word. Or rather, words. I don't think "shit" is really a swear word, but I do use "crap" instead as it seems to be more acceptable around here. Curiously, it's the reverse in Malaysia.

Also, "bloody" is seen as a swear word in Malaysia/Singapore, but it's practically a requirement here! :lol:

But I completely agree with you on the intent thing, which is why when I get angry, I get more and more articulate. It really really scares people cause it seems like I'm in control of my anger, but still absolutely furious and channeling it at them.

major_panic said:
Word. Or rather, words. I don't think "shit" is really a swear word, but I do use "crap" instead as it seems to be more acceptable around here. Curiously, it's the reverse in Malaysia.

Also, "bloody" is seen as a swear word in Malaysia/Singapore, but it's practically a requirement here! :lol:

But I completely agree with you on the intent thing, which is why when I get angry, I get more and more articulate. It really really scares people cause it seems like I'm in control of my anger, but still absolutely furious and channeling it at them.

I remember in grade eight, I blurted out "shit" in the presence of two teachers at school - as you might remember, I went to a (nominally, anyway) Christian high school. They then had a debate about it! I argued 'shit' is not a swear word and one agreed while the other didn't. They eventually settled that I should really try not to use it, but I wouldn't be punished if I did! I also think I must be the only person who has ever gotten away with blurting out 'fucking hell' to a teacher in an Aussie Christian high school, but that's another long story. :lol:

When I was little, I for some reason thought 'bloody' was a swear word, and I loved Sunday Bloody Sunday because I could swear if I sung along! By the time I moved to Australia though, it had entered my everyday vocabulary.

And I'm with you on the whole thing about becoming more and more articulate when angry. I find it really helps release how I'm feeling if I employ creative putdowns. Gets everything out in an even more satisfying way.

Well it's been fun, but I should sleep soon, meaning now.

Catch you all later!

Probably won't see me Ax, so next week!

Have a good one, Maj., and get well! Don't push yourself! In the unlikely event that I see you tomorrow, I'll tell you to piss off and go home to rest. :wink:

:wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom