Vrbno pod Pradědem Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:
Woah, what the hell is this?! That's awesome.
If someone hasn't beaten me to it, those were diprotodonts. Biiiiig frickin wombats, and I'm sure a very tempting target to the first people to set foot on this continent and say, "Well, that was a fun canoe ride. What's to eat?"

When I was doing the museum mentor programme, we got to play with all these megafauna fossils... and Peter Trusler, who is a frickin AMAZING artist, came to talk to us about how he draws these extinct animals from the bones up... he had some drawings of diprotodont skulls that I can only describe as beautiful. :love:

*looks for pics*

major_panic said:

:hi5:

Vastly prefer and grew up watching Star Wars - the OT, of course. The only good things about the new trilogy are Ewan McGregor, Natalie Portman, Samuel L Jackson and the clones.

I'm clearly just not meant to be a sci-fi fan. I find the original Star Wars to be boring and overly drawn out, and the new stuff to be mediocre sci-fi action that nonetheless keeps you awake better than the originals.

What is the Family Guy Star Wars movie like?

I don't really like Family Guy much, used to watch it a lot but the overdose of useless pop culture references and usually bad comic/animation timing caught up (so naturally, I loved the Cartoon Wars episodes of South Park). Still, I'm sort of curious about the film.

Alisaura said:

I felt a lot better in my job last year (probably helped that I was looking fwd to, or had just been on that holiday)... I've been working there for nearly three years now. Damn. :ohmy: Finances are manageable... it also helps that I have no life and get to save the money up that other people tend to spend on alcohol. :wink:

Job's entering a bit of a chaotic period, and I recently started thinking about doing the working holiday and buggering off to the UK for a year or two.
Which would work out great for any imminent U2 tours... :D

And try not to stress about the Engineering course thing... if you decide it's not for you, then it's not... :hug:
(I don't think dyslexicness on its own should impede you, but if you really don't want to be an Engineer, then that's pretty much that...) :shrug:

I would love to do that. RE:Work Overseas thing, actually that's what I was going to do in 2006.

I know It's not just that pulling me back, it really does come down to If I want to stick with it for a good portion of my life, or go off and do something else.

What also doesn't help is my Girlfriend lives in Melbourne. Which, depending on how things go could be a deciding factor.

Life should be more like Interference. In all its gloryness! It'd be so much easier that way :wink:

bono_man2002 said:
I haven't watched this in full since, probably 2005. I even like the version of Bullet!.....I gotta dig out some Elevation tour Bootlegs tomorrow night.

Oh, yes, Bullet! I knew there were four songs I always played. I think Elevation Bullet is second only to ZooTV Bullet in terms of best versions.

I think what Elevation Boston most needs is, you know, a good setlist.

The Sad Punk said:
What is the Family Guy Star Wars movie like?

I don't really like Family Guy much, used to watch it a lot but the overdose of useless pop culture references and usually bad comic/animation timing caught up (so naturally, I loved the Cartoon Wars episodes of South Park). Still, I'm sort of curious about the film.

Its really good. I used to like family guy, up till about the end of season 4. Now its just rubbish.

But The Blue Harvest Move/Extended Episode Is worth checking out IMO.

major_panic said:
Vastly prefer and grew up watching Star Wars - the OT, of course. The only good things about the new trilogy are Ewan McGregor, Natalie Portman, Samuel L Jackson and the clones.
I was so disappointed in Liam Neeson. He's usually awesome. :(

major_panic said:
Fair enough. I have seen Slane, and that's pretty good for most of it, and I've seen the Fly and Gone from Boston on youtube.

Slane is my least favourite U2 video ever. What a snooze. I can't think of a single reason to watch it right now.

The Sad Punk said:
Whoa, is this for real?

moa0.jpg

I want to ride one of these things. :love:

... the hell?! That's a hoax, it's got to be! The moa's been extinct for centuries!

Axver said:

Oh, yes, Bullet! I knew there were four songs I always played. I think Elevation Bullet is second only to ZooTV Bullet in terms of best versions.

I think what Elevation Boston most needs is, you know, a good setlist.

Fucken hell I'm up to this part, its like you know, just after WOWY!

THE FLY FROM ELEVATION = OWNS ALL OTHER VERSIONS OF THE FLY!!!!

I thought The Setlists for Boston were pretty good. From memory, I've always loved the full bootleg from 6/6/01.

major_panic said:
Only the first few minutes; I need to see the rest at some stage soon. It was pretty funny as far as parodies go, although I still absolutely love Spaceballs.
Spaceballs!! :lmao:! :love:

Best. Spoof. EVAR.

bono_man2002 said:
I thought The Setlists for Boston were pretty good. From memory, I've always loved the full bootleg from 6/6/01.

Far too much ATYCLB. Far too much other boring stuff. :wink:

Also, I think The Fly was at its best on the Vertigo Tour.

bono_man2002 said:

Life should be more like Interference. In all its gloryness! It'd be so much easier that way :wink:

Imagine, then, a huge house: with a group of wide-eyed fanatics who sit around in one room talking about U2's next album and various things about Bono's voice and endlessly comparing songs and albums, accompanied in the next room by those who just sit around and fantasize about the various band members, listening to people try to play covers of U2 songs in the lounge, whilst all the while cynical and sarcastic people from one room hop into all of the others sowing chaos.

And that's just EYKIW, PLEBA, and LS... haven't even talked about IO and ZC yet... *shudder*

:wink:

But yeah, real life should be fun and not filled with routine. Which is why I love my life!

Alisaura said:

If someone hasn't beaten me to it, those were diprotodonts. Biiiiig frickin wombats, and I'm sure a very tempting target to the first people to set foot on this continent and say, "Well, that was a fun canoe ride. What's to eat?"

When I was doing the museum mentor programme, we got to play with all these megafauna fossils... and Peter Trusler, who is a frickin AMAZING artist, came to talk to us about how he draws these extinct animals from the bones up... he had some drawings of diprotodont skulls that I can only describe as beautiful. :love:

*looks for pics*

Ahh, right. That thing just looks really bloody cool.

And ooh, spam the thread with pics. Or I will with my shocking Zoo photography. :wink:

major_panic said:

Imagine, then, a huge house: with a group of wide-eyed fanatics who sit around in one room talking about U2's next album and various things about Bono's voice and endlessly comparing songs and albums, accompanied in the next room by those who just sit around and fantasize about the various band members, listening to people try to play covers of U2 songs in the lounge, whilst all the while cynical and sarcastic people from one room hop into all of the others sowing chaos.

And that's just EYKIW, PLEBA, and LS... haven't even talked about IO and ZC yet... *shudder*

But yeah, real life should be fun and not filled with routine. Which is why I love my life!

Well Interference should be real life without the U2 Nerdyness (Sorry Ax :lol:)

Axver said:

Slane is my least favourite U2 video ever. What a snooze. I can't think of a single reason to watch it right now.

Aww c'mon, AIWIY->Streets has that certain something about it!

Actually the only reason I like it is because it was the first U2 concert I'd watched.

major_panic said:

In my naivete, I like to think that the mouthiest posters on Interference probably wouldn't be so mouthy IRL... :wink:

But I'd probably be disappointed. :lol: :reject:

Wait, was that my alter?! :uhoh:

Hi Mia! :hug:

unico said:
oh wow, i was browsing and a page flew by! morning all! how goes it?

It's great, we're talking about gigantor extinctus lizardus and birds. :up: See the pics in the pages just before, they're ridiculous!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom