Vrbno pod Pradědem Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alisaura said:

Me neither! :hi5: and I'm 29.... :uhoh:

My current theory is to have a job that I don't hate (ie, can put up with long term), and that enables me to have the time and money to do what I want ... ie; travel, whatever. :up:

I don't think I'm one of those people with all that drive and ambition who struggles their arse off to land their dream job, even if I knew what that might be. :shrug:

Go Us! :hi5:

To be honest, And Most People In my life don't know this, I took the job I was given almost a year ago (It'll be a year ago in May)....because I felt forced too.

Ok, So my parent's are friends with one of the guys who work there, and offered my some work experience. I thought It was okay. Barely any IT work, but it was okay.

So I do my few days work experience and then about a month later they ask me back full time. I'd be crazy not to take it right?....At the time yes......purely for the fact I needed money, and something to get my parent's off my back.

I thought about it for a few sleepless nights and decided to take it. I thought I'd give it a shot to see how things plan out.

All was pretty alright working there , expect what small amount of brain capacity I have still struggles with the whole engineering/surveying thing. I don't know if I have a learning disorder or something.....they are now talking about sending me off to do a Bacholer in Engineering. Its all too much for me too soon.

The course doesn't start till the beginning of next year, so Have a few months to give them notice if I will leave the crew.

But as someone who's never been great at study, (I think I caught some of Dad's dyslexicness) and as I said earlier taking things in, I'm wondering if its going to be waste of my and the company's time :shrug: I often wonder if this is why I don't sleep well.

When Bono went on Denton's show and told everyone there would be an announcement the next day, and then there was nothing, I finally learned that one should not believe anything that comes out of Bono's mouth in an interview.
Especially if he's :drunk:.

:wink:

Man, that feels like centuries ago!!

I know!! Maybe there aren't as many of them about, and the shop owners keep thinking they're worth more... or else some puddings out there keep buying them at $55 and so the shop owners can get away with charging that much.

Economics FTL. :down:

I'm gather things are much better for you now though?, with your Job and life ect?....

and Economics FTBFL! :down:

Axver said:

A moa is pure Kiwi awesomeness. Fuck kangaroos and koalas. New Zealand did weird animals even better. Just like everything, really ... :wink:

:madspit:

vani-06.jpg

vani-02.jpg

vani-03.jpg

vani-09.jpg

Yeah, I just copied all those from the first site I saw, but whatever, they're all boss as fuck Australian prehistoric critters that were too good to rock NZ.

By the way, that was a moamentous effort on the macro. :)

major_panic said:
Just like the wrestling you lot were talking about earlier in the thread. I can't believe people actually pay money to go and watch that. You'd get a much better show throwing a bottle at someone in a pub in Melbourne or Dublin.

Whenever I've had the misfortune to see gridiron, I find it more interesting to observe the rate of growth in the grass, or perhaps to note the speed at which the paint of the line markings is drying ...

Alisaura said:

You watched it, then... :wink:

"Everybody's dead, Dave. Dave, everbody's dead; everybody is dead, everybody is dead, Dave!"

:giggle:

:lol: I enjoyed that. I was just pissed that I couldn't seem to find any full episodes on YouTube. Or ... wait, I think I could find a couple from later series, but I want to see the first one, well, first!

Axver said:

:lol: I enjoyed that. I was just pissed that I couldn't seem to find any full episodes on YouTube. Or ... wait, I think I could find a couple from later series, but I want to see the first one, well, first!

I have no idea what you people are talking about. I need to watch more TV, it seems. :hmm:

Axver said:

Whenever I've had the misfortune to see gridiron, I find it more interesting to observe the rate of growth in the grass, or perhaps to note the speed at which the paint of the line markings is drying ...

The only thing funnier than gridiron is the shows they make about the game. Yes, I used "game", not "sport".

I mean, Waterboy FTW, but all the others are just epic phailures.

The Sad Punk said:

Woah, what the hell is this?! That's awesome.

And the Haast's eagle and moa made it out of prehistory. New Zealand for the win!

By the way, that was a moamentous effort on the macro. :)

Thanks! :)

bono_man2002 said:
That Transition of Bad->Streets on the Boston DVD :combust:

Now you make me want to go and watch the Boston DVD. :tsk: I can't afford $55!

I have seen Edge slamming his guitar though, that's great.

bono_man2002 said:

Have not seen a second of Star Trek in my entire life.

I've seen about thirty seconds. I've no interest in pure sci-fi. The only sci-fi I've really enjoyed is comedy that happens to use elements of sci-fi, like the Hitch-Hiker's Guide To The Galaxy. In this case, we're talking about Red Dward, which Ali loves and which I need to see more of.

major_panic said:
I have no idea what you people are talking about. I need to watch more TV, it seems. :hmm:
Red Dwarf, actually... :up:

Extremely awesome British sci-fi/comedy series, at least until it got weird after season six.

Do you have a non-academic library at Melbourne Uni? I'm sure the JML would have RD DVDs to borrow... :wink:

major_panic said:

If the show were more complete. (IE: More songs from the Actual Boston Show) It'd such a better DVD

Completely unrelated to anything, but damn, my Desert Island mix is lacking something. I just don't have a ridiculous amount of music by different artists like most of you lot do! It's also pretty short, only 1:46:33.

Ah well, I managed to close it with LIB. Take that, everyone involved!

major_panic said:

Let me bring you back down to earth. Yes, it's Axver, the Post-Lovetown Downer!

When I watch the Boston DVD, I play the following songs:
- Gone
- Bad
- The Fly

That's it. Maybe UTEOTW and Walk On on a good day.

bono_man2002 said:

Have not seen a second of Star Trek in my entire life.

:hi5:

Vastly prefer and grew up watching Star Wars - the OT, of course. The only good things about the new trilogy are Ewan McGregor, Natalie Portman, Samuel L Jackson and the clones.

Axver said:

- Gone
- Bad
- The Fly

That was hardly unexpected :wink:

I haven't watched this in full since, probably 2005. I even like the version of Bullet!.....I gotta dig out some Elevation tour Bootlegs tomorrow night.

Like I said, If it included Mysterious Ways, or New Years Day, even If People Get Ready (Good Cover that night)....and the extended Desire. And Whatever else was cut from the DVD....It would be great!

Axver said:

- Gone
- Bad
- The Fly

Fair enough. I have seen Slane, and that's pretty good for most of it, and I've seen the Fly and Gone from Boston on youtube.

I'm still wishing for a high-quality bootleg or video of 19-11-2006 though, especially after reading through the setlist party for that show. That show was good times :up:

I have never watched Star Trek, despite using the internet for forums since I was about 12. And my Boston DVD has been collecting dust for a long time. Might be worth watching Gone again.

Axver said:

Woah, what the hell is this?! That's awesome.

And the Haast's eagle and moa made it out of prehistory. New Zealand for the win!

Whoa, is this for real?

moa0.jpg

I want to ride one of these things. :love:

bono_man2002 said:
I'm gather things are much better for you now though?, with your Job and life ect?....

and Economics FTBFL! :down:
I felt a lot better in my job last year (probably helped that I was looking fwd to, or had just been on that holiday)... I've been working there for nearly three years now. Damn. :ohmy: Finances are manageable... it also helps that I have no life and get to save the money up that other people tend to spend on alcohol. :wink:

Job's entering a bit of a chaotic period, and I recently started thinking about doing the working holiday and buggering off to the UK for a year or two.
Which would work out great for any imminent U2 tours... :D

And try not to stress about the Engineering course thing... if you decide it's not for you, then it's not... :hug:
(I don't think dyslexicness on its own should impede you, but if you really don't want to be an Engineer, then that's pretty much that...) :shrug:

major_panic said:

:hi5:

Vastly prefer and grew up watching Star Wars - the OT, of course. The only good things about the new trilogy are Ewan McGregor, Natalie Portman, Samuel L Jackson and the clones.

Star Wars FTW :up:

star-wars-the-legacy-revealed-20070523102517670-000.jpg

Have you seen the family guy parody?

bono_man2002 said:
Have you seen the family guy parody?

Only the first few minutes; I need to see the rest at some stage soon. It was pretty funny as far as parodies go, although I still absolutely love Spaceballs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom