Vrbno pod Pradědem Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:

:lol: No, it's gone! I actually had a guy who used to post there contact me on my Wikipedia Talk page, though!

:lol:, so it is gone. I can't remember if we changed the web address or not. I lost contact with the guy who did most of the work.

He used to pay for the sever and everything, the most I ever did was change a few things here and there and upload gigs and gigs of bootlegs....and the site did become pretty successful for the time being from memory.

Screw this, as soon as I'm healthy I'm developing a "Haast's Eagle Claw Style Kung Fu".

I can see it already - lots of jumps and running, quick, dynamic kicks, lightning-fast strikes and a fair bit of grappling. A mix of Muay Thai, Wushu, Taekwondo and Judo.

:drool: :drool: :drool:

I also wonder what one of them tastes like.

The Sad Punk said:
The best parts, of course, is when people not in on it come in and are all "is this true, ax? coz ur th autority on u3 n so it muzt b r u rekordinzit??" and man, that is so wacky.

That amazed me. I didn't really realise I had enough of a position of authority for some people to just buy anything if I said so. I mean, I'm just some 21 year old guy who has a bit of a memory for things.

That truly was the prank that went horribly right. I thought we'd not even get to the opening song, and just kcik back and play some cool tunes while postwhoring.

More magpie fun: My cousins had a pet Magpie they raised from birth (she had been kicked out of the nest by her mum :() and it was incredibly friendly, and played with their dogs. It also acted like a dog. I have a lot of love in my heart for magpies.

:laugh:

Though, in this case, why do you go for the West Coast Eagles rather than Port or Collingwood? :wink:

bono_man2002 said:

Ah ok....Ermmmm Try DVD Shrink. It works best, But I haven't used it in about the same length of time that you burn't your last DVD!

Oh yes, I probably still have that on my hard drive somewhere! Hope I still know how to use it! :lol:

major_panic said:
From the Wikipedia article on Haast's Eagle:

HOLY CRAP, why hasn't anyone formed a martial art style based off this animal yet?

:lol:

This part from Wikipedia amused me:

Until recent human colonisation, the only terrestrial mammals found on New Zealand were three species of bat, one of which has recently become extinct. Free from mammalian competition and predatory threat, birds occupied or dominated all major niches in the New Zealand animal ecology. Moa were grazers — functionally similar to deer or cattle elsewhere — and Haast's Eagle hunters, filling the same niche as top-niche mammalian predators such as tigers or brown bears.

TIGERS OR BROWN BEARS. Rock the fuck on, Haast's Eagle!

Go New Zealand - always doing things in a thoroughly more interesting way. :wink:

Alisaura said:

That's right... it was the GIANT EAGLE THAT FRICKIN ATE MOAS.

MOAS!!

:rockon:

LMOA.gif

That's just nuts. MOAS.

Axver said:

That amazed me. I didn't really realise I had enough of a position of authority for some people to just buy anything if I said so. I mean, I'm just some 21 year old guy who has a bit of a memory for things.

That truly was the prank that went horribly right. I thought we'd not even get to the opening song, and just kcik back and play some cool tunes while postwhoring.

I just still can't believe people actually believed you lot. I took one look at the thread title, went "what the hell?", looked at the thread and just lol'd. Then I saw the other thread about the retraction and went "holy crap people believed it?"

Axver said:
Though, in this case, why do you go for the West Coast Eagles rather than Port or Collingwood?

I still don't see why people actually like AFL. Although, it is much more of a man's sport than the American rubbish.

bono_man2002 said:
(I still don't know what I wanna do with my life)...
Me neither! :hi5: and I'm 29.... :uhoh:

My current theory is to have a job that I don't hate (ie, can put up with long term), and that enables me to have the time and money to do what I want ... ie; travel, whatever. :up:

I don't think I'm one of those people with all that drive and ambition who struggles their arse off to land their dream job, even if I knew what that might be. :shrug:

Anyway then there was the whole U2 delayed dates thing......Are they coming, aren't they coming?.....I knew they would eventually come, it would just be a matter of when.
When Bono went on Denton's show and told everyone there would be an announcement the next day, and then there was nothing, I finally learned that one should not believe anything that comes out of Bono's mouth in an interview.
Especially if he's :drunk:.

:wink:

Life is a hell of a a lot better now though. So I'll stop crapping on, this isn't Zoo Confessionals!
It's all good! No topic is safe from chat threads :D
Glad things are better now! :hug:

The Boston DVD has been $55 or so for so long its NOT FUNNY!. I mean the Chicago DVD is now like $15 at JB. What Gives?..
I know!! Maybe there aren't as many of them about, and the shop owners keep thinking they're worth more... or else some puddings out there keep buying them at $55 and so the shop owners can get away with charging that much.

Economics FTL. :down:

I'm gradually converting my mother and brother... they both went to Melb II, and even though they had crappy D-res seats, that was the best show I could have hoped for them to see! :D

Axver said:

LMOA.gif

That's just nuts. MOAS.

What in the name of all that's holy is a moa?

I'll go look it up.

EDIT: By the way, that pic is SCREAMING to have the caption "MOAR" added to it!

The Sad Punk said:
More magpie fun: My cousins had a pet Magpie they raised from birth (she had been kicked out of the nest by her mum :() and it was incredibly friendly, and played with their dogs. It also acted like a dog. I have a lot of love in my heart for magpies.
:love:

Apparently someone figured out they're descended from birds of prey, way back when... the hooked bill and all that... And they have a very complex social structure. Smart birdies :wink:

Alisaura said:

:love:

Apparently someone figured out they're descended from birds of prey, way back when... the hooked bill and all that... And they have a very complex social structure. Smart birdies :wink:

:hmm: I wonder what they taste like, too.

Damn, now I'm gonna have to go and eat.

major_panic said:
From the Wikipedia article on Haast's Eagle:

HOLY CRAP, why hasn't anyone formed a martial art style based off this animal yet?
Cos humans can't fly (unless you're in one of those Crouching Tiger movies), let alone attack bodily at 80kph? :hmm:

Alisaura said:

Cos humans can't fly (unless you're in one of those Crouching Tiger movies), let alone attack bodily at 80kph? :hmm:

:lol: Hasn't stopped them from creating scorpion, tiger, preying mantis and eagle styles though!

Ahh those crazy Shaolin monks. The things they get up to with their spare time up in the mountains.

major_panic said:
Screw this, as soon as I'm healthy I'm developing a "Haast's Eagle Claw Style Kung Fu".

I can see it already - lots of jumps and running, quick, dynamic kicks, lightning-fast strikes and a fair bit of grappling. A mix of Muay Thai, Wushu, Taekwondo and Judo.

:drool: :drool: :drool:

This will be made of awesome and I insist you teach it to me!

I also wonder what one of them tastes like.

Like IT'S GOING TO EAT YOU FIRST.

Though, in this case, why do you go for the West Coast Eagles rather than Port or Collingwood?

Like I choose a team because of their mascot. I support them because the rest of the family the same generation as myself did. I'm not sure how it began, but it stuck.

Maj, AFL is a fantastic sport because it has high, frequent scoring, balls to the wall toughness (though it's softened up with some bullshit rules this decade) and because it's incredifuckably entertaining.

Axver said:

This will be made of awesome and I insist you teach it to me!

Like IT'S GOING TO EAT YOU FIRST.

I've always wanted to create a blended style of fighting; I reckon most traditional styles, whilst awesome in their own way, often lack something.

New motto: "We're going to hit you first!"

But yeah, the styles are listed are the most popular and/or effective ones that I've seen fully in action thus far. :drool:

major_panic said:
I just still can't believe people actually believed you lot. I took one look at the thread title, went "what the hell?", looked at the thread and just lol'd. Then I saw the other thread about the retraction and went "holy crap people believed it?"

I must thank mofo82. Without him, we wouldn't have had the madness of the retraction thread to really push the whole thing over the edge!

What a day that was.

I still don't see why people actually like AFL. Although, it is much more of a man's sport than the American rubbish.

I enjoy watching AFL, but I don't think as highly of it as cricket or rugby. I often say that "in rugby, the men control the ball; in AFL, the ball controls the men".

As for American pansyball, it may be a failing (may be), but I seriously question the intelligence of anybody who likes that. Taste is subjective, but ... that sport's absolute shittiness is objective.

I honestly don't enjoy watching Rugby much at all - in fact, the only sports I really enjoy watching are AFL and basketball, maybe International Football sometimes. But I will give props to Rugby in that, unlike Gridiron, it's still fun to play and isn't concentrated pussiness (helmets?! What the hell, people?).

major_panic said:

What in the name of all that's holy is a moa?

I'll go look it up.

EDIT: By the way, that pic is SCREAMING to have the caption "MOAR" added to it!

A moa is pure Kiwi awesomeness. Fuck kangaroos and koalas. New Zealand did weird animals even better. Just like everything, really ... :wink:

And :lol:! I created that picture a couple of years ago, inspired by those LMAO ZEDONG ones that were popular at the time.

Axver said:

As for American pansyball, it may be a failing (may be), but I seriously question the intelligence of anybody who likes that. Taste is subjective, but ... that sport's absolute shittiness is objective.

Just like the wrestling you lot were talking about earlier in the thread. I can't believe people actually pay money to go and watch that. You'd get a much better show throwing a bottle at someone in a pub in Melbourne or Dublin.

The Sad Punk said:
Like I choose a team because of their mascot. I support them because the rest of the family the same generation as myself did. I'm not sure how it began, but it stuck.
I chose my team based on the mascot... :reject:

I was in grade four, my family cared nothing for AFL so I didn't have a team when my school announced that they'd have a day where all the kids should dress in their favourite team's colours... so I had to pick one at short notice, without having ANY CLUE AT ALL. What else does a 9 year old kid go on but the mascot? It was the Hawks or the Eagles, and I couldn't bring myself to support an interstate team...

I had no idea that the Hawks were at the top of the ladder at the time and took out the Grand Final that year... :lol:

The Sad Punk said:

Ah, right. I still haven't made a firm decision on who to support. Richmond's got Wellington's colours and are a Melbourne team, so that's cool, but they've done nothing to really inspire me to get behind them. Brisbane's got Wellington's mascot, the Lions, and the other AFL fans in my family go for them, and I've enjoyed watching them, but ... they're a Queensland team and I hate Queensland (maybe I could say I'm a Fitzroy fan?).

Oh well, at least I know who I hate.

major_panic said:
Holy flying moas, Batman!

(that was where the Jim reference came from, right?)
Er, no... original series Star Trek :reject: :nerd:

The doctor was forever crouching over the hapless red-shirted nameless security officer, and grimly intoning, "He's dead, Jim," to Captain Kirk...
Occasionally the Dr would mix it up a bit and say, "Jim, he's dead."

:lol:

The Sad Punk said:
I honestly don't enjoy watching Rugby much at all - in fact, the only sports I really enjoy watching are AFL and basketball, maybe International Football sometimes. But I will give props to Rugby in that, unlike Gridiron, it's still fun to play and isn't concentrated pussiness (helmets?! What the hell, people?).

Yeah, seriously, helmets?! Padding the equivalent of twenty pillows? Breathers every four seconds? SEPARATE TEAMS FOR OFFENCE AND DEFENCE?

I'm convinced it's a sport designed for the braindead. (And baseball is for the comatose.)

American sports in general fail. America in general fails.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom