Vote for your favorite picture!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which are your favorite photographs?

• Black and White 1

Votes: 15 48.4%
  • Black and White 2

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Sunset 1

• Sunset 2

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Black and White Stairs

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Colosseum

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • Pisa Archs

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Street at night

• Fancy building with kickass lighting

• Hands

Votes: 9 29.0%
  • Three girls

Votes: 8 25.8%
  • Boy

• Total voters

souLnation2002

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
I've dedided to enter a photography contest and I've narrowed it down to these ones. I'd appreciate it if you'd vote for the ones you like best, one for each category. Thanks!

Landscape/Scenic:

100_3701.jpg

100_3690.jpg

100_3854.jpg

100_3858.jpg

Monuments/Architectual Features/ Citiscapes

100_3687.jpg

100_2963.jpg

100_3283.jpg

100_3339.jpg

100_3423.jpg

oh i voted for the stairs, but only realised once i'd clicked "vote" that you could vote for more than one...

i like the sunset ones too and the colluseum :)

Trust me, the building with the kick ass lighting and shadows is your best. I think it's National Geographic quality.

But the second sunset and the first black and white are also good, either of those would be a good entry. The little girls are very cute and the quality is good, but the shot should maybe be a little tighter, which could hurt you.

The little boy, the city at night, and the stairs are too blurry. The Colosseum and the arches are too touristy. The first sunset and the second black and white don't have strong enough contrast. The people's hands is a nice quality photo, but I don't think they're hands are arranged in the proper way to portray an emotion. The one person is only sort of touching the other person, you can't tell if it's comforting or akward.

I really liked that color picture you took of a set of stairs, I saw it over in PLEBAns.

I voted for the first b&w, the hands, and the building with the kickass lighting (the best, I think!). They're all really good, though, and much better than the crap pictures I usually take!

b&w1, colosseum, hands. i agree w/ emily's comments on the hands and the girls picture. also i did like the 2nd sunset pic b/c of the dark black.. but something about the clouds make it look fuzzy. So I went w/ b&w1, which is a fantastic shot.

Let us know how it turns out!! :applaud:

The first 2 are very good, and the 'hands' one is the best of the people photos, the others are less good - they remind me too much of pictures i've taken (lol), and I despise everything I do :huh:

Compositionally I think the stairs are the most interesting, as well as the "hands" picture. The pseudo-buttress undercarriage shot, even though portraying a static object, has a more dynamic quality than the time-elapsed cityscape (in my opinion).

It all depends on what type of competition you're entering... I think the more ambiguous detail shots allow for a more artistic dialogue, in comparison to the broad survey pictures. But that might not be a desired direction for entries.

Good luck.

:up:

:applaud: great pics! i can't decide which pic is my favorite. good luck on the photo contest.

btw i hope you're not entering the photo contest at picture.com...what a scam that was :mad:

Back
Top Bottom