Vogan, Togo Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If we don't get it then I guess you're gonna take some action? :hmm:

I'll also take action to get Electrical Storm back in the setlist.

Yeah, Exit would've been one of my preferred choices, the version of UF looks intriguing too.

Nah, don't have WIR yet, i'm in the process of downloading an audio rip of Bullet from the ZOO TV Sydney DVD, i'll be devastated if that download bummed out. But yeah, I would like WIR.

I don't know, I suppose I should. I'll still buy WAIA, though.

UF is good, yeah. If memory serves, it has one of the less remarkable versions of Bad, though.

Shall send it over in good time ...

All of WAIA is on the UF remaster's bonus disc. Can't wait to get that. Unreleased tracks. :drool:

Haha, anyways, congrats on the great work on the site.

I hope you will get YBR too. But you got Bad a few times. This is my second tour with no Bad...

But YBR was truly great. Plus, Bono was standing in front of me (I should send you a video at some point).

Do you have any source for live updates on Sunday for the Carnegie Hall thing? I'll be there, in case you need someone to text you!

Thanks! And no, we don't have a source for the Carnegie Hall thing - I was wondering what we'd do about that. You're going? Awesome! Really do wonder what U2 are going to do ... especially since it won't be as U2.

I'm stunned Bad wasn't done at either second show in Boston and NYC, especially after it cropped up in Chicago. It's peculiar. U2 need to do it more, and ditch the rubbish like Elevation and Stuck In A Moment.

Oh, I'm looking forward to this!!! Audiophile UF vinyls!!! :drool:

Really, my only disappointment is that the Dortmund gig is not on the DVD ... but I was watching the boot of that the other day, and I can see why U2 wouldn't want to use it. Whoever broadcast it included these awfully cheesy effects, distorted/stretched screens and stuff. If U2 were to release it, I think they'd have to go back to the master tapes and re-mix it. Would've loved to FINALLY get 11OTT, ASOH, and UF from that show though ... the three best songs done at the gig were not broadcast!

Thanks! And no, we don't have a source for the Carnegie Hall thing - I was wondering what we'd do about that. You're going? Awesome! Really do wonder what U2 are going to do ... especially since it won't be as U2.

I'm stunned Bad wasn't done at either second show in Boston and NYC, especially after it cropped up in Chicago. It's peculiar. U2 need to do it more, and ditch the rubbish like Elevation and Stuck In A Moment.

Yeah, I'm going. I have to warn you, though, they may very well play some strange song that I don't recognize. I'll do my best - I can email from my phone, so that should work fine.

Yeah, I was really disappointed. The first encore with One > Streets is way too short, plus One is boring as hell as usual. I was also disappointed with the crowd basically not caring for YBR and UF while cheering for elevation and stuck. Why do they have to play 4 ATYCLB songs is beyond my understanding.

I'm a whole albums man myself, can't stand something incomplete. Plus I've not heard the Live from Paris album. :)

Fair enough. :up:

I'll also take action to get Electrical Storm back in the setlist.

UF is good, yeah. If memory serves, it has one of the less remarkable versions of Bad, though.

Shall send it over in good time ...

All of WAIA is on the UF remaster's bonus disc. Can't wait to get that. Unreleased tracks. :drool:

And "Please" (even though it wasn't played) while you're at it!

I'll just get the Bad from WAIA. :shrug:

That Yoshino Blossom song seems intriguing, as we have never heard it. At least I haven't. I'm so confused on whether I should wait for the remaster to come out or just purchase it! :(

Really, my only disappointment is that the Dortmund gig is not on the DVD ... but I was watching the boot of that the other day, and I can see why U2 wouldn't want to use it. Whoever broadcast it included these awfully cheesy effects, distorted/stretched screens and stuff. If U2 were to release it, I think they'd have to go back to the master tapes and re-mix it. Would've loved to FINALLY get 11OTT, ASOH, and UF from that show though ... the three best songs done at the gig were not broadcast!

Yeah, some more live versions would be cool. It is a shame that (if I remember correctly) we are not getting Wire, ISS or UF live.

Oh, UF gave me goosebumps this tour. So good to hear it live. The "stay" part is not great, but the song and the gorgeous visuals were the best thing i've seem them do live.

Yeah, I'm going. I have to warn you, though, they may very well play some strange song that I don't recognize. I'll do my best - I can email from my phone, so that should work fine.

Yeah, I was really disappointed. The first encore with One > Streets is way too short, plus One is boring as hell as usual. I was also disappointed with the crowd basically not caring for YBR and UF while cheering for elevation and stuck. Why do they have to play 4 ATYCLB songs is beyond my understanding.

I'm certainly expecting things out of the ordinary, and that's partly why I was worried about getting a source, since, like you say, it could be something strange. Do you have any familiarity with Gavin Friday's music? I sure don't.

It's weird how One/Streets has become an encore, since at the Europe gigs I saw, they went straight into Tutu after Streets with no distinct gap. The US crowds didn't react to UF though? It was easily one of the most popular songs of the night throughout Europe, I was very pleased to see how many people were into it.

As for the ATYCLB shit, I've said a few times lately that U2 don't seem to understand it's 2009 now, not 2001.

I'm certainly expecting things out of the ordinary, and that's partly why I was worried about getting a source, since, like you say, it could be something strange. Do you have any familiarity with Gavin Friday's music? I sure don't.

It's weird how One/Streets has become an encore, since at the Europe gigs I saw, they went straight into Tutu after Streets with no distinct gap. The US crowds didn't react to UF though? It was easily one of the most popular songs of the night throughout Europe, I was very pleased to see how many people were into it.

As for the ATYCLB shit, I've said a few times lately that U2 don't seem to understand it's 2009 now, not 2001.

Unfortunately I have little knowledge of Gavin Friday's music... so yeah, they may be singing stuff I don't know. Exciting!! But it might be difficult to recognize some of them....

I did get the impression that people weren't exciting for UF, it was maybe one of the songs that people used for bathroom breaks. Ridiculous. And nobody in the GA new Your Blue Room. It was annoying, unfortunately. I got the impression that 98% of people were not more than casual fans.

Even though I've just started listening to 'Forth', does anyone feel like a listening party?

The Verve album? I need to re-download that. :grumpy:

Unfortunately I have little knowledge of Gavin Friday's music... so yeah, they may be singing stuff I don't know. Exciting!! But it might be difficult to recognize some of them....

I did get the impression that people weren't exciting for UF, it was maybe one of the songs that people used for bathroom breaks. Ridiculous. And nobody in the GA new Your Blue Room. It was annoying, unfortunately. I got the impression that 98% of people were not more than casual fans.

I can't wait to see what they do - or how much. Looks like it'll be really interesting.

Yeah, I've seen some people remark that this tour seems to have a greater percentage of casual fans than ever. It's disappointing that people aren't even giving YBR full attention ... I mean, my own perspective on live music is that a song I don't know is all the better, as it introduces me to more of the band's music.

But then if they're doing obscure numbers, I suppose YBR isn't necessarily the song to grab attention like The Electric Co. was last tour. Now God Part II or Exit or Wire, that'd really get some attention.

The Verve album? I need to re-download that. :grumpy:

I can't wait to see what they do - or how much. Looks like it'll be really interesting.

Yeah, I've seen some people remark that this tour seems to have a greater percentage of casual fans than ever. It's disappointing that people aren't even giving YBR full attention ... I mean, my own perspective on live music is that a song I don't know is all the better, as it introduces me to more of the band's music.

But then if they're doing obscure numbers, I suppose YBR isn't necessarily the song to grab attention like The Electric Co. was last tour. Now God Part II or Exit or Wire, that'd really get some attention.

I will try to smuggle my camera and shoot some videos. I hope we will get some rarities, but I guess they will not play U2 songs.

I definitely got that impression from the tour. As far as I'm concerned, I can only hope that U2 will not discontinue songs like YBR because of the public. It is such a beauty in a live setting. And it's not like they don't have enough singalongs in their set....

Oh, don't tempt me with God Part II, Exit or Wire. :drool:

The only song from that album that i've heard is "Love Is Noise", which is quite good, with the scat singing and all. :up:

Well guys, I need to go to bed. Ax, let me know about Sunday in case you don't find anyone more knowledgeable than me! Have a good one.

Yeah The Verve album.

I actually brought it when it came out, bloody good stuff :up:

That's what I should've done ...

The only song from that album that i've heard is "Love Is Noise", which is quite good, with the scat singing and all. :up:

I was never too into Love Is Noise, but Sit And Wonder is an excellent track.

I will try to smuggle my camera and shoot some videos. I hope we will get some rarities, but I guess they will not play U2 songs.

I definitely got that impression from the tour. As far as I'm concerned, I can only hope that U2 will not discontinue songs like YBR because of the public. It is such a beauty in a live setting. And it's not like they don't have enough singalongs in their set....

Oh, don't tempt me with God Part II, Exit or Wire. :drool:

Cool stuff. I'm hoping maybe one or two U2 tracks with an interesting twist, maybe?

Yeah, there's more than enough to placate people who just want radio-friendly anthems ...

Hope you have a good night! :wave:

I'm making an incredibly dangerous venture into Coldplay's variant of Interference. :D

(Due to my boredom.)

What work is this, Daniel?

Holy crap, they have about 3 threads on U2 in their General Music Discussion section; U2 Discussion thread, Fav. U2 song and ... U2 are not environmentally friendly.

:lmao:

This is so fun.

I did that last night! You know, just for like ten minutes. All I can say is that I'm actually glad for once that we have sig size limitations, but I do like their logo.

Oh god, forums with no sig limitation ...! (Though I should confess I had some morbidly obese sigs when I was 15-16.)

Actually, what I really like on the RYM forums are that there are no sigs at all.

I did that last night! You know, just for like ten minutes. All I can say is that I'm actually glad for once that we have sig size limitations, but I do like their logo.

It is kinda fun, some user said that Fez-Being Born was a "horrible" song. :lol:

We'll get Ax to come right over there and teach them a few things! To be honest, their sig sizes are much too massive, kinda ruins the whole damn page! And we're much higher than them in terms of intelligence. :wink:

Oh god, forums with no sig limitation ...! (Though I should confess I had some morbidly obese sigs when I was 15-16.)

Actually, what I really like on the RYM forums are that there are no sigs at all.

And the dark background tends to hurt my eyes sometimes, makes me think as if Coldplay's album will have a strict goth influence on it. Hence bringing in Brian Emo again.

I'd just like to say lulz at all the Intarwebz wank over Pitchfork's premature Best Albums of the 2000s list.

Especially since it couldn't have been more mundane a top 20 if it tried. They could've at least given people something to argue about.

Interestingly Coldplaying has a lot of diehard Radiohead fans. I've also noticed a thread in the Coldplay discussion forum called "LETS BEAT RADIOHEAD" in last.fm listens. :tsk:

Those forums are so disorganised it is not funny, they wish they could be us. :wink:

I'd just like to say lulz at all the Intarwebz wank over Pitchfork's premature Best Albums of the 2000s list.

Especially since it couldn't have been more mundane a top 20 if it tried. They could've at least given people something to argue about.

I'm not seeing any wanking over the list over here, but considering it's such a major publication these days, there's no reason why they shouldn't be talking about it.

Pitchfork is a sack of crap, undeniably. I couldn't care less on what they dish up on their plate.

I'm not seeing any wanking over the list over here, but considering it's such a major publication these days, there's no reason why they shouldn't be talking about it.

RYM's thread has run to over 260 posts ... admittedly, most before the top 20 was known, but still.

Back
Top Bottom