Vogan, Togo Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just had to call Paul McGuinne$$ "Paul McGuinness" on U2gigs.

It's been years since I've done that. I feel slightly nauseous. :wink:

Now i'm stuck on what songs I want to purchase now, I need recommendations, Ax.

You thinking of U2 specifically? What gaps are there in your collection?

You thinking of U2 specifically? What gaps are there in your collection?

War - bar Two Hearts, Seconds, Sunday Bloody Sunday, New Years Day, Like a Song.
October - bar Gloria.
Boy - bar Electric Co., I Will Follow

I'm waiting for the UF remaster so forget about that for the time being.

UABRS - bar Gloria, Electric Co.
JT - bar WOWY, WTSHNN, One Tree Hill, RTSS, Bullet, Exit, I Still Haven't Found ...
RH- bar Bullet (live), AIWIY, God Part II

I've got all the 90's (bar most of Passengers) and I won't really bother getting the rest of Bomb.

You, Vlad, are in desperate need of Heartland, Tomorrow, and Drowning Man. Especially Heartland.

As for something more uptempo, Twilight and Rejoice.

You, Vlad, are in desperate need of Heartland, Tomorrow, and Drowning Man. Especially Heartland.

As for something more uptempo, Twilight and Rejoice.

I will now proceed to purchase the first three that you mentioned. :yes:

Thank you, still got $20 remaining, that'll be good for plenty.

I rate Heartland right up there with ASOH and OTH in my top three U2 songs.

And wait, you lack Red Hill Mining Town? I'd call that one of the best JT tracks. Also, JT era b-sides like Spanish Eyes and Luminous Times are great. I know it's an unorthodox opinion, but I think they are the third and fourth best songs from the JT sessions, behind OTH and RHMT.

Ax's on a roll now. Okay, purchasing "Heartland" now. Computer's slow though, may take a while.

Not as popular an opinion is that the Walk to the Water b-side is also a fantabulous song.

Well ... it's better than Sweetest Thing.

Lately i've preferred the TUF b-sides, but sometimes I think the TJT b-sides are one of the best things U2 has ever done. I'd rate a collection of b-sides from the 80s as my 3rd favorite U2 album probably.

Lately i've preferred the TUF b-sides, but sometimes I think the TJT b-sides are one of the best things U2 has ever done. I'd rate a collection of b-sides from the 80s as my 3rd favorite U2 album probably.

I've always rated UF's b-sides as the best collection of U2 b-sides and one of the band's best things ever. JT had a few duds if you ask me ...

And yeah, I have this CD of all the eighties b-sides that didn't make the Best Of 1980-1990 B-Sides disc, and even that is one of the best U2 things I've got.

I was just thinking earlier, now that my top ten has TUF, LCT, ASOH, and EPAA in it...it's kind of unbalanced towards a certain album :lmao:

Everyone loves TUF, except bloody old GAF! :madwife:

I also like the fact that 75-80% of Interferencer's like NLOTH.

:drool:

I don't love TUF. :wave:

Well, I think it's U2's best first half and possibly their worst second. The b-sides from that era ARE their best by a good mile or three.

The song? I think Vlad was talking about the song.

Yeah, I was referring to the song, but you can also apply it to the album in its whole.

OH. Well, the song is amazing. What'd I give it, 9/10?

GAF backstabbed us all.

I gave it a 9 outta 10 until I realised it deserved a 10. But i'm sure 30+ scores of 10 would be enough, am I right?

I was just thinking earlier, now that my top ten has TUF, LCT, ASOH, and EPAA in it...it's kind of unbalanced towards a certain album :lmao:

Half of my top six U2 songs are from UF. I think I might like the album, you know?

Back
Top Bottom