Viva Las Vegas with The CSGW's (Yepperpeppers, and Foodies!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol:

Ouch. We can pay for semester passes. $85 for unlimited rides from Jan.-May. :up:

Our student union has been "in talks" to implement something like that but no luck so far. Our transit system has no student fair for post-secondary students so for us commuters who need the pass we have to shell out $96/month. :slant:

Reality is overrated

I'm probably gonna get a text from one of my group tomorrow at 7am being all "are you awake" and I'll be like "no, I don't live 2 hours away from college like some people, let me sleep!" :lol:

:lol: Sometimes, it definitely is.

:down: That's annoying!

Our student union has been "in talks" to implement something like that but no luck so far. Our transit system has no student fair for post-secondary students so for us commuters who need the pass we have to shell out $96/month. :slant:

:shocked: That's so much!

Wow, yeah, we're really lucky. It used to only be $65, but went up this year; it's still a great deal though. :up:

A student pass for just the bus is 20 euro a week here...

:shocked: That's so much!

Wow, yeah, we're really lucky. It used to only be $65, but went up this year; it's still a great deal though. :up:

And that's a discounted pass, if you're just any adult it's $109/month. It all goes back to the issue that the transit system doesn't get nearly enough funding from the city government and pretty much none from the provincial and federal levels, despite this being the largest and most expensive city in the country and all. :grumpy:

And that's a discounted pass, if you're just any adult it's $109/month. It all goes back to the issue that the transit system doesn't get nearly enough funding from the city government and pretty much none from the provincial and federal levels, despite this being the largest and most expensive city in the country and all. :grumpy:

:tsk: That's really too bad. Our transit system doesn't get that much money, I don't think, but it's really well-developed, and if you're a student, passes aren't bad. Otherwise, they get to be a lot more expensive, more at the prices you're talking about...$70-$80 per month.

:tsk: That's really too bad. Our transit system doesn't get that much money, I don't think, but it's really well-developed, and if you're a student, passes aren't bad. Otherwise, they get to be a lot more expensive, more at the prices you're talking about...$70-$80 per month.

Our transit system works fairly well depending on where you live. Obviously my dream is to live near a subway station so I never have to take a bus again. :drool:

Our transit system works fairly well depending on where you live. Obviously my dream is to live near a subway station so I never have to take a bus again. :drool:

:lol: Yeah, ours will pretty much get you anywhere, you just have to be willing to put in the time it takes to get there.

We've got a light rail line, which is awesome. :drool: And they're building another branch of one in the next few years, but no subways here yet. I wish we did though...they'd be much faster than buses. :up:

:lol: Yeah, ours will pretty much get you anywhere, you just have to be willing to put in the time it takes to get there.

We've got a light rail line, which is awesome. :drool: And they're building another branch of one in the next few years, but no subways here yet. I wish we did though...they'd be much faster than buses. :up:

A lot of the main roads downtown here were completely covered by streetcar lines up until the 60s or so when a lot of them were replaced by bus routes that were cheaper to maintain at the time. :down: There's a few still running and they're planning on building a few light-rail lines along main roads but it'll be a while until they're finished. :wink:

The subway's by far the best if you ignore all the crazy/creepy people. :lol:

A lot of the main roads downtown here were completely covered by streetcar lines up until the 60s or so when a lot of them were replaced by bus routes that were cheaper to maintain at the time. :down: There's a few still running and they're planning on building a few light-rail lines along main roads but it'll be a while until they're finished. :wink:

The subway's by far the best if you ignore all the crazy/creepy people. :lol:

:hmm: Interesting! Yeah, light rails are so cool. :up:

I haven't been on a true subway system, but I've been on the L train system in Chicago, which is similar, just above ground and all. :wink:

:lol: That's true of public transit in general though...

:hmm: Interesting! Yeah, light rails are so cool. :up:

I haven't been on a true subway system, but I've been on the L train system in Chicago, which is similar, just above ground and all. :wink:

:lol: That's true of public transit in general though...

You should come to Toronto one day! :hyper: I have to admit even though I complain about it a lot I have this weird fascination with our transit system and especially the Subway, I love getting off at stations I've never been before and exploring. :drool:

:lol: That's true. I've lost count of the unpleasant incidents I've had on public transit...with scary drunk guys being a bit too close to me...some man having his little um...friend...hanging out...:no:

:hyper: I've always wanted to visit Canada! :hmm: Someday, soon. :yes:

It's so much fun to explore the transit systems! They get you to the most fascinating places. :lol:

:laugh: Yeah, I've had some weird experiences...been hit on numerous times...:yuck:...I can't believe some dude had himself hanging out though. :yikes: Not okay, not okay at all. :down:

:hyper: I've always wanted to visit Canada! :hmm: Someday, soon. :yes:

It's so much fun to explore the transit systems! They get you to the most fascinating places. :lol:

:laugh: Yeah, I've had some weird experiences...been hit on numerous times...:yuck:...I can't believe some dude had himself hanging out though. :yikes: Not okay, not okay at all. :down:

You should one day. :yes: I'll show you around, I don't mean to brag but I make a pretty awesome tour guide...right John? :wink:

Being hit on in public transit never ever goes well. :lol:

Yeah it was pretty traumatizing at the time, now I just think it's funny. The funniest thing was my friend running out of the train as soon as the train stopped at a random station and us not noticing until the doors closed. :laugh:

:hi5: I'll hold you to that tour! :wink:

:lol: No, it really doesn't. It always starts out with, "How old are you?" too...:no:

:lmao: That's great! Did you catch back up with her?

:hi5: I'll hold you to that tour! :wink:

:lol: No, it really doesn't. It always starts out with, "How old are you?" too...:no:

:lmao: That's great! Did you catch back up with her?

:D I even know where all the intimidating cool indie music stores are.

:yes: That's why these days if I'm alone on the bus/subway I'll always have headphones or a book with me.

:lol: We did, and then I got home and ran into the shower. :p

:D I even know where all the intimidating cool indie music stores are.

:yes: That's why these days if I'm alone on the bus/subway I'll always have headphones or a book with me.

:lol: We did, and then I got home and ran into the shower. :p

:hyper: Yay! I'll spend far more money than I should at them, I'm sure. :D

:yes: Headphones are the only way to get through public transit for me. I usually have a book of some sort with me too. :up:

:lol:

And, on that note, I should actually get some stuff done. :wave: I might be back later though, depending on how getting motivated goes. :lol:

:scream: MY friends keep spamming me with seriously disturbing pictures of Robert Pattinson.

4000th POST and I'm off for the night too! :wave:

38.png
38.png
38.png
38.png

Hurrah! :D

I'm rather wonderfully fabulously awesome today, thankyou! Et toi? Been up to much of late?

:hi5: Awesome!

I'm doing well, not much new to report...school and work and waiting for the summer to come about...:lol:

Nearly here now... we're on April already! Time's flying! (sort of :shifty: )

Any gossip?! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom