Vitalic - OK Cowboy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Basstrap

ONE love, blood, life
Some of the most interesting and unique dance-electronic music I've heard in quite some time

At the very least, the graphic layout of their homepage is interesting. I enjoy vertical words.

http://www.citizen-records.com/vitalic_okcowboy/

From the samples I've heard, the sound intentions are intriguing. Beginning with found sounds, something familiar develops into a distorted rhythm of neat. My Friend Dario caught my ear the most. The style isn't new, but it's nice to hear it done well in certain tunes.

Time of find... 10:43.

:shh:

actually this cd is really good.

it's like daft punk's 'homework', but better.

and yes cujo, 'my friend dario' is one of the standout tracks on the album. :up:

edited to add:

i'm listening to 'la rock 01' right now and it's kicking ass.

Last edited:
cujo said:
The style isn't new, but it's nice to hear it done well in certain tunes.

Time of find... 10:43.

:shh:

It doesn't sound very derivative at all, though. I'd rather listen to this than Chem Bros 'Push the Button' or whatever.

I mean, you can't listen to La Rock 01 and not admit they are coloring a little outside the lines

my faves:

The Past
Repair Machines
U and I
La Rock01

Basstrap said:
It doesn't sound very derivative at all, though. I'd rather listen to this than Chem Bros 'Push the Button' or whatever.

I deserve the misinterpretation after being a little vague. When I said familiar sounds, I meant more along the lines of a leaky faucet or a background noise that doesn't normally register in the ear as extraordinary. They use these types of base sounds to generate a rhythm, and something more interesting develops... sort of inverting the original noise into a foreground piece. Maybe I'm by myself in left field on that one, but I don't mind.

In my opinion their approach is rather inventive, and not in the realm of derivative electronica.

Good stuff.

they are really really good.

one of the best albums of the year.

don't be too sad or disappointed when true greatness is ignored here.. remember my andrew bird thread?
yeah, that's i thought. :(

I've heard it sounds like bad leftovers from Daft Punk's "Discovery/Homework"

it sounds more like a glorious treat for people who were left a bit cold by Human After All. it's certainly a little similar to daft punk, but by no means a rip-off. I like it better than the daft punk i've heard (which is all of it, but only once or twice).

Back
Top Bottom