Virgin, Utah Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just think it's a shame they aren't doing full-blown editions with DVDs this time around. It'd be fucking awesome to have something like 4 November 1981, Berlin officially released. Well, unless you're Blue Room and you don't see why anybody would want a release of a show "widely available" to collectors. :|
yeah :sigh: that is a bummer. i guess they just don't think there's a market for super duper deluxe cds for every album of theirs. they'll probably only do it for achtung baby and maybe uf as well. and jesus christ, if they "remaster" atyclb i'll shit a brick.

depeche mode did that too :| remastered all their albums up to their last album which was released in 05. their previous one had been released in 01. why did it need remastering?

I still enjoy the Crazy Train. Not sure if anyone in here even knows what the Train is, but, suffice to say, the Train is interference comedy gold, every single time it leaves the station. This is one Train Axver would not touch with a 10-foot pole.

In honor of TWILIGHT TWILIGHT TWILIGHT, I have Boy playing right now. I love this damn record so much. It's amazing how tight and cohesive it is for a debut record.

I also love the production. So sue me.

yeah :sigh: that is a bummer. i guess they just don't think there's a market for super duper deluxe cds for every album of theirs. they'll probably only do it for achtung baby and maybe uf as well. and jesus christ, if they "remaster" atyclb i'll shit a brick.

depeche mode did that too :| remastered all their albums up to their last album which was released in 05. their previous one had been released in 01. why did it need remastering?

Yeah, I've been wondering just how much they'll remaster. It'll be ridiculous if they remaster the most recent albums, but more due to the fact that it's ridiculous how SHIT the recent albums actually sound when the band has no excuse. I would say that out of all of U2's albums, HTDAAB is actually the one most in need of a remaster. It sounds DREADFUL.

In honor of TWILIGHT TWILIGHT TWILIGHT, I have Boy playing right now. I love this damn record so much. It's amazing how tight and cohesive it is for a debut record.

I also love the production. So sue me.

I'm listening to my collection of early 1980s b-sides. These are cool songs.

Also, I've never had much of an issue with Boy's production. It's funny and sad that it sounds better than albums like JT, Achtung, and HTDAAB.

I still enjoy the Crazy Train. Not sure if anyone in here even knows what the Train is, but, suffice to say, the Train is interference comedy gold, every single time it leaves the station. This is one Train Axver would not touch with a 10-foot pole.
i have a guess, but i'm not 100% sure if i'm right or not. like, i'm 30% sure i'm right. yeah, that's pretty weak, i know.

Yeah, I've been wondering just how much they'll remaster. It'll be ridiculous if they remaster the most recent albums, but more due to the fact that it's ridiculous how SHIT the recent albums actually sound when the band has no excuse. I would say that out of all of U2's albums, HTDAAB is actually the one most in need of a remaster. It sounds DREADFUL.
i was about to say that :grumpy:

unfortunately i think ab and zooropa need a remaster only cuz they sound so...muffled i think. zooropa especially. atyclb sounds fine, it just sucks :happy:

Hi Bonnie, and belated hi to Daniel! :wave:

Goodbye to LMP. :wave:

A thread from Early November 2004 would suggest not!. Along with myself and about 80% of the rest of interference.

I don't know what I was hearing in 2004. Maybe my hearing's just improved a lot since then or I know what to listen for or something. Because it's absolutely undeniable from a technical perspective that the worst produced U2 album is HTDAAB. It's the whole "loudness wars" thing. The clipping on Crumbs is all the proof I need. I know when I bought the album, I wasn't aware of this sort of stuff and just thought the clipping on Crumbs was due to a slightly defective CD on my end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom