Virgin, Utah Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My playlist feature on my iPod is pretty much all re-worked U2 album tracklists. I've got one for Unforgettable Fire, Joshua Tree, Rattle and Hum, Achtung Baby, and Pop.

Why the hell not.

Is Gagging Order on it? Gagging Order needs to be on everything.

Of course. Gagging Order is in my Top 3 Radiohead tracks.

1. 2+2=5
2. Sit Down. Stand Up.
3. Myxomatosis.
4. Paperbag Writer
5. Where Bluebirds Fly
6. The Gloaming.
7. Where I End and You Begin.
8. There there.
9. I Will (LA Version)
10. Sail to the Moon.
11. A Wolf at the Door.
12. Gagging Order

Well, that's better than me, because I still don't love Kid A.

125-150 for Achtung Baby? Wow.

Shame about that. :( If it weren't for Kid A, I'd consider their entire experimental phase to be a huge mistake. As it is, well, you win some and you lose some.

I've had AB since I was 12, and I'd say I play it 20 times a year, much more the year that I got it, so 125 is a good estimate. The funny thing is, I've never really thought of it as one of their best efforts. Many of those listens were me attempting to warm up to it and failing.

My playlist feature on my iPod is pretty much all re-worked U2 album tracklists. I've got one for Unforgettable Fire, Joshua Tree, Rattle and Hum, Achtung Baby, and Pop.

I had so many for U2 that I just put them into one giant playlist.

I have others for Coldplay's X&Y and Radiohead's In Rainbows (just for shits and giggles, the original version's one of my all-time favorites).

Shame about that. :( If it weren't for Kid A, I'd consider their entire experimental phase to be a huge mistake. As it is, well, you win some and you lose some.

I've had AB since I was 12, and I'd say I play it 20 times a year, much more the year that I got it, so 125 is a good estimate. The funny thing is, I've never really thought of it as one of their best efforts. Many of those listens were me attempting to warm up to it and failing.

Interesting viewpoint.

It's my favorite U2 album.

My Pop list:

1. Mofo
2. Gone (Best Of Mix)
3. Last Night on Earth
4. Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
5. Holy Joe (Garage Mix)
6. Do You Feel Loved
7. Staring at the Sun
8. Discothéque (Best of Mix)
9. If You Wear That Velvet Dress
10. North and South of the River
11. Please (Single Edit)
12. Wake Up Dead Man

I named the playlist "Do You Feel Loved?" because that's what I would have called the album.

Last edited:
Interesting viewpoint.

It's my favorite U2 album.

Like Pfan, the ZooTV tour killed Achtung Baby for me. It's just so much better.

Regardless, I can quote the entire album by heart I'm sure. I would never say it's terrible, as each song has its merits, but there are others I like more.

My Pop list:

1. Mofo
2. Gone (Best Of Mix)
3. Last Night on Earth
4. Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
5. Holy Joe (Garage Mix)
6. Do You Feel Loved
7. Staring at the Sun
8. Discothéque (Best of Mix)
9. If You Wear That Velvet Dress
10. North and South of the River
11. Please (Single Edit)
12. Wake Up Dead Man

I named the playlist "Do You Feel Loved?" because that's what I would have called the album.

The Best Of mix of Discotheque? Wow. I do agree with the rest of your song choices though, especially Hold Me, Thrill Me (although I'd put it next to Gone, read the lyrics to those to see why).

Godzilla or Pop por Hommes are my alternate album titles for that album.

Achtung Baby's poor production is what kills it for me. Zoo Station and Until the End of the World are particularly hard to swallow.

1. Zoo Station
2. Even Better than the Real Thing
3. Mysterious Ways
4. Lady with the Spinning Head
5. The Fly
6. Until the End of the World
7. Ultraviolet (Light My Way)
8. Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
9. One
10. Wild Irish Rose
11. Alex Descends Into Hell for a Bottle of Milk
12. Acrobat
13. Love Is Blindness

The Best Of mix of Discotheque? Wow. I do agree with the rest of your song choices though, especially Hold Me, Thrill Me (although I'd put it next to Gone, read the lyrics to those to see why).

Godzilla or Pop por Hommes are my alternate album titles for that album.

For most of those songs, the live versions are the ideal choice, so it was tough for me to choose. I just can't stand the album version of Discotheque.

Like Pfan, the ZooTV tour killed Achtung Baby for me. It's just so much better.

Regardless, I can quote the entire album by heart I'm sure. I would never say it's terrible, as each song has its merits, but there are others I like more.

I remember going to the local music store near the college I was attending, and seeing The Fly CD single. I picked it up and listened to it, and honestly didn't know what to think. What the fuck happened to the U2 that made me a fan back in 1987? This song sucks! The production sucks! They suck!

But after a few more listens, I began to appreciate what they were doing and was at awe for such a huge change in sound. Then the whole album came out and because of having The Fly already, I was ready, and I was blown away. The entire thing is incredible (yes, even Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around The World), and the production, which at first I was like, wtf, I love. I love how they purposely turned everything upside down and made it sound so raw, so punchy, and so in your face after The Joshua Tree and Rattle & Hum. It was U2 saying, I don't give a fuck if you think this sounds like shit, this is what we're doing - get over it.

I sure hope they get that feeling again, because another statement like that is needed from them now unless they want to become a parody of themselves.

so my mom and i just went to a sushi place that was about to close and got about 2x the sushi we should have because of it! :drool: 20 pieces of large high quality sashimi for 29$!!!!!!

I remember going to the local music store near the college I was attending, and seeing The Fly CD single. I picked it up and listened to it, and honestly didn't know what to think. What the fuck happened to the U2 that made me a fan back in 1987? This song sucks! The production sucks! They suck!

But after a few more listens, I began to appreciate what they were doing and was at awe for such huge change in sound. Then the whole album came out and because of having The Fly already, I was blown away. The entire thing is incredible (yes, even Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around The World), and the production, which at first I was like, wtf, I love. I love how they purposely turned everything upside down and made it sound so raw, so punchy, and so in your face after The Joshua Tree and Rattle & Hum. It was U2 saying, I don't give a fuck if you think this sounds like shit, this is what we're doing - get over it.

I sure hope they get that feeling again, because another statement like that is needed from them now unless they want to became a parody of themselves.

I think they had the right attitude and the right songs ... just poor execution in the studio setting. Zoo TV's performances, though ... just wow. Awesome.

Oh shut the fuck up already about Achtung Baby you little piece of shit.

Leave it to you to ignore all I've been saying all night and to nitpick that one part. God, you're the fucking worst. Just go back to your little running away tirade of "I'm too good for the Internet 'cause I make TV happen" and leave us all alone.

Fuck.

I disagree. The execution was perfect for what they wanted to do.

Although I agree about the tour. Still one of the best shows I have ever seen.

Of course you disagree. Everyone but Axver and THE AMENDMENT disagrees.

I'll take the JT tour show I saw over anything else, but, Zoo TV was pretty freaking amazing, at least to me. Phanan, I saw one show at Yankee Stadium, it was awesome overload for me. :)

But after a few more listens, I began to appreciate what they were doing and was at awe for such a huge change in sound. Then the whole album came out and because of having The Fly already, I was ready, and I was blown away. The entire thing is incredible (yes, even Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around The World), and the production, which at first I was like, wtf, I love. I love how they purposely turned everything upside down and made it sound so raw, so punchy, and so in your face after The Joshua Tree and Rattle & Hum. It was U2 saying, I don't give a fuck if you think this sounds like shit, this is what we're doing - get over it.

I sure hope they get that feeling again, because another statement like that is needed from them now unless they want to become a parody of themselves.

I bought AB when I was 12 for $20 at a local record store. Now, keeping this in mind, can you imagine what I was thinking when hearing songs like Acrobat, Love Is Blindness, and Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses for the first time? I had no idea what to do. At the time, I held onto The Fly and Mysterious Ways because they did (and still do) kick ass. I played that record forever, and then one day, while on the internet, I found out how to download bootlegs.

Basically, the album got fucked over by bad timing. I'm completely numb to much of it now because I played it so much.

Of course you disagree. Everyone but Axver and THE AMENDMENT disagrees.

I'll take the JT tour show I saw over anything else, but, Zoo TV was pretty freaking amazing, at least to me. Phanan, I saw one show at Yankee Stadium, it was awesome overload for me. :)

ElMel has criticized some of it, too, for the record.

Not that you'll care. You're all spin, no substance. Not even Powerjuice could save your weak ass arguments. Douche.

Leave it to you to ignore all I've been saying all night and to nitpick that one part. God, you're the fucking worst. Just go back to your little running away tirade of "I'm too good for the Internet 'cause I make TV happen" and leave us all alone.

Fuck.

Like I'm gonna go back and read your nonsense? What might you have said "David Bowie is great and so is Chase Utley and I hate Andy Reid and my Mom is pissed at me and someone send me some music and I have no idea how to fucking drive a car"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom