Virgin, Utah Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, Frusciante can really do some cool acoustic stuff, but I hear what you're saying.

He actually has done some live shows fully acoustic too. I posted a link the other night of him playing Bowie's Modern Love acoustically, and it's not half bad.

There's also one funny part of a gig where he claims he ripped off Bowie's Andy Warhol with the intro to Under the Bridge.

That's cool. :up:

I definitely like what I've heard so far, hopefully I'll enjoy the rest more. I love how it's a different tone than most of his Chili Peppers contributions.

Starting with either those two or In Rainbows is cool with me. I just think In Rainbows is a good mix of their Bends/OK-era sound with their Kid A/Hail mentality.

It is a good choice, certainly better than a blind "OMG KID A IS TRANSCENDENT LISTEN OR DIE LOL" suggestion.

Shadows Collide With People is by far his most accessible: mixes his acoustic and electric stuff really well.

The one record of his I'm not a big fan of is To Record Only Water for Ten Days. He tried to make it more electronic, but its production kills it, especially his vocals. It just sounds shitty. It did produce a great instrumental, though: "Murderers."

It is a good choice, certainly better than a blind "OMG KID A IS TRANSCENDENT LISTEN OR DIE LOL" suggestion.

I would never suggest that to someone with a straight face. I adore Kid A, but it was a tough nut to crack.

Lily, Rosemary, and the Jack of Hearts is like a folk version of a Springsteen song from TWTIATESS.

Shadows Collide With People is by far his most accessible: mixes his acoustic and electric stuff really well.

The one record of his I'm not a big fan of is To Record Only Water for Ten Days. He tried to make it more electronic, but its production kills it, especially his vocals. It just sounds shitty. It did produce a great instrumental, though: "Murderers."

Carvel was an awesome track from Shadows. :up:

Carvel was an awesome track from Shadows. :up:

Yeah, there's a number of tracks of that quality on the album.

If you plan on listening to it, be prepared to skip "-00Ghost27," though. Frusciante may have had a drug relapse when he decided to put that on the album.

Yeah, there's a number of tracks of that quality on the album.

If you plan on listening to it, be prepared to skip "-00Ghost27," though. Frusciante may have had a drug relapse when he decided to put that on the album.

The title makes it sound like it should be on Kid A.

I would never suggest that to someone with a straight face. I adore Kid A, but it was a tough nut to crack.

I bought Kid A on amazon in the same order as Passengers.

That puts things into perspective, I feel. It's not an easy listen. Took me at least 30(!) listens to warm up to it.

I bought Kid A on amazon in the same order as Passengers.

That puts things into perspective, I feel. It's not an easy listen. Took me at least 30(!) listens to warm up to it.

30? Wow.

10 for me. Definitely a nighttime record.

Ironic, since most regard Springsteen as an energetic Dylan.

I only say it that way because Blood on the Tracks came after that album.

Both are storytellers, though, it's not a surprise to me at all that they remind me of each other.

30? Wow.

10 for me. Definitely a nighttime record.

Took me about 30 to get through it, 50 to love it. I'm probably going on 75 or so now. I've played it into the ground. (Doesn't match the 125-150 of Achtung Baby though)

I've done at least 20-30 with Hail To The Thief and still find it boring.

Oh, the released Hail to the Thief will never work for me.

I've got a 12-song adjusted playlist I listen to a different running order and some b-sides put in. Would you like to see?

Hearing so much of U2 live has kind of ruined some of their albums for me. They're just so much better on stage than in a studio.

Oh, the released Hail to the Thief will never work for me.

I've got a 12-song adjusted playlist I listen to a different running order and some b-sides put in. Would you like to see?

Why the hell not.

Is Gagging Order on it? Gagging Order needs to be on everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom