Virgin, Utah Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Bono,

Pleass stop being so shiteey! Lawl.

PS: I love your look. IT rawks.

Shaun Vox"

Black Mirror's a good track, though the random other language comes off a bit pretentious.

Black Mirror's a good track, though the random other language comes off a bit pretentious.

UN DEUX TROIS
DIS MIROIR NOIR

It's kind of fun to shout, but yeah, a little pretentious. It wasn't a particularly good concert opener IMO, but still a pretty cool song.

Keep the Car Running is a bit overrated, but still a good track. So far, so good.

People dug my first review on epinions, including two advisers. Sweet.

I do think reading some of yours helped, ElMel.

People dug my first review on epinions, including two advisers. Sweet.

I do think reading some of yours helped, ElMel.

Thanks. Again, I've been reading and writing on that site for about 5 years, so I should know what I'm doing by now to some extent.

It was a good first outing. :up: It's unfortunate that you posted it on a weekend when things are slower.

Don't give up on it yet; it has a solid second half.

But yeah, I agree, it's weak compared to the first record.

Intervention is still my favorite Arcade Fire song, though Rebellion is up there.

Pfan, after you get finished with these records, I suggest you listen to Bob Dylan's Blood On The Tracks and Beck's Sea Change back-to-back. Both are among the most heartbreaking and beautiful records ever made and are kindred spirits. I'm pretty sure both are in Lancemc's top 5 or 10 all time, and are highly regarded by most everyone.

okay, i'm not the type to call back missed calls from numbers on my cell phone i don't recognize (i don't call back anyone i've missed unless they leave a voicemail cuz i just assume if they leave no voicemail, they just called to chat or if it's unrecognized, it was a wrong number). but this same number called me three times within the span on fifteen minutes :huh:

Yeah, I have the two Bob Dylan albums you sent me, but haven't gotten around to listening to them yet. I'll give Blood on the Tracks a shot next.

Khan has your day gotten any better?
yeah, thanks :)

i'm off work now, and work got much slower too.
sweatdrop.gif

Yeah, I have the two Bob Dylan albums you sent me, but haven't gotten around to listening to them yet. I'll give Blood on the Tracks a shot next.

I liked Blood On The Tracks before I could even appreciate Bob Dylan. It's special.

Good. You know Khan, you are one of my favorite people. Don't ever stop being you. I hope that helps make your day continue to be good and into tomorrow. :hug:
aww thanks, that's really sweet :hug:

by the way, i meant to tell you, i had a chance to go back and read the thread earlier, congrats on you and partygirlvox. i hope things continue to go well for you two :D

Oh, so it really is Partygirlvox? :ohmy: Good for you, Screwy. She's pretty cute. :wink: Most of all, glad you've found someone that you connect with. Like I said yesterday, we all need that.

I'd rate Funeral a 9/10 and Neon Bible a 7/10.

I'd give Funeral a 9/10, and Neon Bible 8/10. Both great. This is an incredibly promising band, but I'm afraid their best days may be behind them. I can't see anything topping Funeral.

I'd give Funeral a 9/10, and Neon Bible 8/10. Both great. This is an incredibly promising band, but I'm afraid their best days may be behind them. I can't see anything topping Funeral.

Wow, that's quite the pessimistic view after only two albums.

I recall in the 80's how people didn't think R.E.M. would be able to match Murmur, but they ended up doing ok, I'd say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom