Virgin, Utah Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

I don't get why he just won't come out and tell us, but is quite happy for us to guess. Unless there's a prize for the first person to guess correctly? :hmm:

Edit: So of course he acknowledges it just as I type this post. :laugh:

Last edited:
She isn't "my woman" but I did tell her how I felt which was the smartest thing I have ever done. Let's keep this in thread though. I tell you because you are my friends. I'd rather not have this spill over into other parts of the forum. :)

Sometimes I defend you, sometimes I poke fun at you, but one thing I'd never do is take that info and spread it around. I hope she reciprocated as it pertains to your feelings. She seems like an interesting girl; I always got a kick out of her journal entries.

Sometimes I defend you, sometimes I poke fun at you, but one thing I'd never do is take that info and spread it around. I hope she reciprocated as it pertains to your feelings. She seems like an interesting girl; I always got a kick out of her journal entries.

Things are going great. She is a very interesting woman maybe the most interesting I have ever met. :up:

Things are going great. She is a very interesting woman maybe the most interesting I have ever met. :up:

That's great! I'm glad to hear it....I hope things continue to go well..as I said, she always struck me as being a smart and funny girl, and as you say, rather interesting. I'm fairly sure she dislikes me if memory serves, but that's common for me on interference. :)

I'll have to check that out.

It's a mock game show and quite good.

I honestly can't think of much good humour from down these parts, though. I mean, New Zealand produced Billy T. James, but I think a lot of his TV stuff really doesn't translate well beyond a New Zealand context.

It's a mock game show and quite good.

I honestly can't think of much good humour from down these parts, though. I mean, New Zealand produced Billy T. James, but I think a lot of his TV stuff really doesn't translate well beyond a New Zealand context.

Interesting I'll see what's on Youtube.

I imagine Billy T. James's act involves this: "what's the deal with sheep?!"

I imagine Billy T. James's act involves this: "what's the deal with sheep?!"

"Our poll for tonight, Lord Of The Rings was a great movie or the greatest movie?"

Sorry I thought of another one. :wink:

"What's the deal with tram food?!"

:laugh: :laugh:

Unfortunately, Billy T. died well before the LOTR movies, in 1991. I loved his joke about how he was half-Maori and half-Scottish: half of him wanted to get pissed and the other half didn't want to pay for it. He also made a great remark in response to an assertion by a Maori supremacist activist. The activist commented on the high rate of suicide among young Maori men by remarking that they should take out a white when they kill themselves, so Billy T. asked "what about a half-caste like me? Should I just wound myself?"

:laugh: :laugh:

Unfortunately, Billy T. died well before the LOTR movies, in 1991. I loved his joke about how he was half-Maori and half-Scottish: half of him wanted to get pissed and the other half didn't want to pay for it. He also made a great remark in response to an assertion by a Maori supremacist activist. The activist commented on the high rate of suicide among young Maori men by remarking that they should take out a white when they kill themselves, so Billy T. asked "what about a half-caste like me? Should I just wound myself?"

That's really funny. :lol:

Watched a Good News Week clip. The Umbilical Brothers doing a sketch of a New Zealand man getting drunk and reporting being sexually assaulted by a wombat. WTF?!

Are the drunk of New Zealand a prey to horny wombats? :wink:

Oh, that was classic. That was based on a real news story, where a guy in New Zealand really did call 111 to report that he had been raped by a wombat and been left speaking Australian. :lmao:

One of my favourite Good News Week jokes is when Paul McDermott is doing a mock Australian citizenship quiz.

A wombat is:
A). A marsupial
B). An implement for playing Wom
C). Wanted for rape in New Zealand

And then there's ...

"Our home is girt by ...":
A). Sea
B). Eh?
C). Bees

:lmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.