Virgin, Utah Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, running diary: The Who - Who's Next.

Baba O'Riley - Naturally, I've already heard this great track. Not in a while, though. Nice to hear again.

Yeah, I'm going for The Who Sell Out next when I get a chance.

That's their best studio album IMO, but deluxe Live At Leeds is a great value; it makes the studio versions obsolete, and you get a nearly complete version of Tommy that's about 200 times better than the original.

I think Quadrophenia is their best album but I agree with you about the rest. :up:

I'd place it third because it's a little long and tends to reuse the same musical motifs over and over throughout, but the songs are all great. I don't get the complaints the band had about the mixing; I think it sounds great. That's arguably Entwistle's best record.

I wish I know more Who music than I do. It's cause my dad hates them. Most of my old music comes from my dad. But I have Who's Next finally. Haven't listened to it in a while though :hmm:

Love Ain't For Keeping is a nice little tune: it's from someone's DI list, I think LMel's.

This album is too short. If it weren't for Won't Get Fooled Again, it would be over in a blink of an eye.

Don't care much for Getting In Tune, rather throwaway to me.

Final report: Fucking fantastic album.

Gotta fill up the gas tank. Will be back with Arcade Fire after.

Funeral just has this certain emotional edge to it that makes every lyric hit home, while Neon Bible just feels like them going through the motions to me. They're so talented that it's a good record anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom